Standard of Umpiring? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Standard of Umpiring?

Backbone said:
Three head high tackles within 2 mins. One should have been paid to Browny about 40m out from goal, but no, the ball get bounced and ends up the other end of the ground. Another Richmond player (JON I think) gets tackled high and again no free. THEN ... Motlop, or Burgoyne, ducks into a tackle and gets a free 20m out in front of goal ... bloody disgusting. Cornes should also have been reported for charging Polo ... there's no way his hit on Polo was legal.
you`re spot on mate.

i couldn`t believe it,you can understand them missing one, but not 2 blatant head high tackles in a row and then immediately pay the exact same thing to port a moment later.
it was disgraceful.

Fighting Fury said:
Hawks got crucified last week at footypark. Franklin is the new Richo when it comes to umps...got to be knifed in order to get a free.

yes i feel sorry for richo quite often i see him cop it and not get free's when they are there , buddy does sometimes plays for him but he usually gets found out by the ump if he trys to over exaggerate for a free i've seen Hodges head nearly pulled off and no free i think a blind dog would do better sometimes

Even the non-tiger people in my household can't believe some of the decisions.

I know its a cliche to complain about the umpires but seriously, you hear the whistle have no idea what its for and just pray it goes your way.

mopsy fraser said:
you`re spot on mate.

i couldn`t believe it,you can understand them missing one, but not 2 blatant head high tackles in a row and then immediately pay the exact same thing to port a moment later.
it was disgraceful.

You know what will happen.

The Giesch will do the match review & he will say "All those decisions were correctly applied" or some such rubbish. ::) ::) ::)

The standard of umpiring reflects the way that the Greek is running the AFL.

FLAMING *smile*.

Some very frustrating umpiring
they seemed to try hard to get port back in the game and nearly did.
WEll done tigers clealy the the best side won.

The entire Warrnambool pub tonight couldn't believe those head high tackles the umps missed in the last!

Ghost Who Walks said:
How can you take someone standing on the mark out of play?

Why was Cornes not penalised?

Yeah I was amazed he was not penalised.

A weak effort too. Certainly something Chad should not be proud of.

WesternTiger said:
The entire Warrnambool pub tonight couldn't believe those head high tackles the umps missed in the last!

The maggots didn't miss them, they choose to ignore them to even up the game.

I wouldn't put any of them in my tackle box, no self respecting fish would bite.

Digglers Ghost said:
Dont complain golden, you're still in the top 3. We can only dream of such lofty heights!

that part i am happy just wish the umpiring was fair and consistent to both sides

hey got told a good one if they don't pay in the back for what should have been a free you yell has he got a back or is he spineless like you are

:rofl :rofl someone told me that and i thought that was a good one

happy you guys won though i am sounds like the umps were horrid for you lot too

I must admit I dont usually complain about the umpiring but today would have to go down as one of the worst i have seen - unbelievable how the umpires missed some of those head high tackles - particularly after the hype in the past couple of weeks.

I too hate blaming the umpires but the last 3 weeks is utterly confounding. Absolutely raped. No point seeking explanation though .. Giesch, Gomez and Boy Wonder will conjure some spin ...

It may have been the panic merchant in me, but geez I thought we got smoked by the umpires in the last qu. Thought they were ok for the first 3 qus.

Ghost Who Walks said:

yeah. That non decision was unbelievable. Was it Polo on the mark? Cornes might be in trouble for the charge on Morton and Pearce for punching Hyde in the guts.

Ghost Who Walks said:

It was as weak as *smile* too, Polo would never had expected it. Worse than any of picketts cheap hits.
umpire should hand his pay over to a charity

willo said:
It was as weak as *smile* too, Polo would never had expected it. Worse than any of picketts cheap hits.
umpire should hand his pay over to a charity

Did anyone see the hit on Bowden?

I think it was Ebert and it was a hip and shoulder to his head. No free. Might get looked at.