Standard of Umpiring? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Standard of Umpiring?

the simmonds one was right in front of me and he was clearly scragged by the jumper and grabbed.

that sent us wild in the forward pocket.

another one was when polak grabbed the ball on hands and kness and immediately,without not even a split second of prior opportunity got tackled by one arm and he fell to the ground and the ump awarded holding the ball.

the umpires were woeful against us.
i usually can be fair with the umpiring but it was so obviously disgraceful,the crowd were in a rage most of the night.

pathetic it was.

mopsy fraser said:
another one was when polak grabbed the ball on hands and kness and immediately,without not even a split second of prior opportunity got tackled by one arm and he fell to the ground and the ump awarded holding the ball.

Regardless of prior opportunity or not, when a player is tackled he must dispose of the ball correctly by either hand or foot. That was a good tackle and deserved to be penalised.

Whenever you have 4ft 11inch boys trying to boss around 6ft 5inch men, you will always have problems.

These problems have been exaserbated by Adrea the Greek, Demetrous, because he can't handle anyone over 5ft.

Get rid of these midget meglamaniacs and bring back real umpires like FROGGY THOMPSON.

Tiger29 said:
Regardless of prior opportunity or not, when a player is tackled he must dispose of the ball correctly by either hand or foot. That was a good tackle and deserved to be penalised.
In that case, that's the perfect tackle, the umpire is left with no option but to pay holding the ball, you can't just drop it, you never could, but having said that, 60% of umpires will pay it that way, 20% will say no prior opportunity and the other 20% should just be shot, I watched 10 minutes of the Saints v Dockers game last night and saw 3 made up free kicks, 1 complete overeaction and 1 under-reaction, I would've hated to see the rest of the game!

more of the same rubbish today

port were attacking our guys with head high tackles, unfair shepherds and getting away with it.

Umpires were extremely technical in penalising us

please RFC - do something about it

supercoach tw said:
more of the same rubbish today

port were attacking our guys with head high tackles, unfair shepherds and getting away with it.

Umpires were extremely technical in penalising us

please RFC - do something about it

First half of the last quarter was outrageous. As you say, now's the time to speak up after we've won. Gets interpreted as whinging otherwise.

The umpiring was an absolute abomination today. Gave port plenty, we got zip. Plenty of head high tackles missed. How the hell didn't Deledio get a heap of frees. Blind freddy could see that Cornes was raping him.

It has been terrible all year. Sort it out AFL.

Silent Bob said:
The umpiring was an absolute abomination today. Gave port plenty, we got zip. Plenty of head high tackles missed. How the hell didn't Deledio get a heap of frees. Blind freddy could see that Cornes was raping him.

It has been terrible all year. Sort it out AFL.
Agreed. Bloody fools today

* umpiring was the the worst in a long time...i swear we dont have heads at tigerland{yes i see the irony} Had no confidence at all with every contest that we would get a free.......As they say ..it wasnt what they paid,it was what they didnt.

Very much of the opinion that generally umpiring squares up in the long run, but today it seems they tried their best to get port back in the game.

They missed frees to Brown dead in front, Morton forward pocket, Foley in the middle of the ground... and that is just off the top of my head. And then down the other end, we get pinged. If Brown had got that free, we would have won in a canter.

has been horrible all year nearly did not mind the essendon game we had the umps were reasonable but todays for the hawk game was ordinary as was last week 's game against the crows we were not playing too well today either which did not help our game .

the golden said:
has been horrible all year nearly did not mind the essendon game we had the umps were reasonable but todays for the hawk game was ordinary as was last week 's game against the crows we were not playing too well today either which did not help our game .

Dont complain golden, you're still in the top 3. We can only dream of such lofty heights!

the golden said:

Hawks got crucified last week at footypark. Franklin is the new Richo when it comes to umps...got to be knifed in order to get a free.

What about Simmo getting his arm pulled off.

ghe expects to get the free then gets pinged for holding the ball.

*smile*.

Bring on umpire season.

Get your rifles out. ;D

The problem is, they are accountable to no one!

Nobody is allowed to criticize them, and the AFL won't do it because they never like to admit they are wrong....EVER

So nothing will ever change ::)

Three head high tackles within 2 mins. One should have been paid to Browny about 40m out from goal, but no, the ball get bounced and ends up the other end of the ground. Another Richmond player (JON I think) gets tackled high and again no free. THEN ... Motlop, or Burgoyne, ducks into a tackle and gets a free 20m out in front of goal ... bloody disgusting. Cornes should also have been reported for charging Polo ... there's no way his hit on Polo was legal.

bowden4president said:
The problem is, they are accountable to no one!

Nobody is allowed to criticize them, and the AFL won't do it because they never like to admit they are wrong....EVER

So nothing will ever change ::)

agree 100% if they would come out and answer some questions on why those free's were given or not given etc then maybe there would not be any moaning