Schulz, Peterson, Raines and JON | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Schulz, Peterson, Raines and JON

Disco08 said:
So you didn't notice that the club had recently created numerous new positions targetting these exact areas?

Results are the only thing that matter. I am not only talking about wins, but I want to see on field improvement. Everything else is window dressing...

shamekha said:
Intersting to hear Sam Mitchell on the radio this morning comment that Peterson never felt he fit in at Richmond and would leave training as soon as it finished. Is this the clique group we hear about?

Probably thirsty.

Spanish Prisoner said:
Results are the only thing that matter. I am not only talking about wins, but I want to see on field improvement. Everything else is window dressing...

And you were expecting improvement in these areas to take how long to become evident on the field?

Spanish Prisoner said:

Well you should have been pleased with Rd 1 then.

shultz had 11 disposals and 1 behind from full forward. I didnt see the game, but these numbers dont have me scared hes going to morph into matthew lloyd. On the flip side, i was impressed with adam thompsons game. did alot of hard underneath stuff and was in the camera alot of the night.

Spanish Prisoner said:
Considering the current rebuilding started around 2003 - well before now....

Once again, you're wrong. We started rebuilding 6 months ago, there was no 'rebuilding' before that.

Spanish Prisoner said:
Was the 5 years plan an aberration?

I didn't see any rebuilding in the 5 years TW was at Richmond. I saw a lot of tops, scraping for wins, mature age players who were not our future playing over kids, media spin. There was no 'rebuilding'. It's a common misconception that most opposition fans like yourself can get wrong, that we have been rebuilding for a long time. Maybe TW said we were but he never laid the foundations for a rebuild, that's what DH is doing now.

Spanish Prisoner said:
Was the 5 years plan an aberration?

No, I think the key word in your post that makes it wrong is CURRENT. The current rebuild did not start in 2003. If you think Hardwick carrying on Wallace's "plan" you've got rocks in your head.

Tigers of Old said:
It was a 5 year contract. There was no plan.

Exactly, if there was ever was a five year plan (which I severely doubt) it was abandoned half way through when we spooned. After that it was all about short term fixes and Wallets desperate attempt to continue milking the Richmond cash cow for as long as possible by trying to get a contract extension. This is year one.

For a Richmond fan SP you really get a lot wrong about your own club

A rebuild started under Wallace with the much publicized aim of contesting a flag in 2011

that rebuild failed as most the players who were expected to support it failed (i.e. Hughes, Schulz, McMahon, Meyer, Pattison, JON, etc.....).

As such, the ultimate failure of this rebuild combined with the retirements of our vets last year means we had to start all over again.

So the current rebuild is about 6 months old.

Tiger74 said:
For a Richmond fan SP you really get a lot wrong about your own club

A rebuild started under Wallace with the much publicized aim of contesting a flag in 2011

that rebuild failed as most the players who were expected to support it failed (i.e. Hughes, Schulz, McMahon, Meyer, Pattison, JON, etc.....).

As such, the ultimate failure of this rebuild combined with the retirements of our vets last year means we had to start all over again.

So the current rebuild is about 6 months old.

Correct, Wallace did have a 5 yr plan/rebuild when he came and we all thought the aforementioned players (and many others) were going to be our saviours. Didn't happen

So we start AGAIN! For what, the 5th, 6th, 7th time over the last quarter century?

tigertim said:
Thanks Si. I am hardened, I've supported the RFC for that qrt century ;)

I know, and their are plenty that want to bemoan the past but hell let's just get on with the future please. I beseech you kind sir!