Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

Samson is such a weird one. His kicking is very good, both around the ground and for goal, his tapwork is ok, BUT and this is a big BUT, you cannot make it as a tall in the AFL if you can't mark the footy. If only someone could teach him to mark the footy.................................
You have to get it to kick it.
Has no athletic ability, lumbers around the ground looking lost, has zero physicality & you are right, cannot mark.
End result, no good.

Reactions: 4 users
OHB will go straight passed him. Can’t believe he got three years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Probably wouldn’t be able to mark a beachball! I thought with Ben Rutten and Ivan Maric being on our coaching staff they would be able to get his positioning right to take marks with both hands. He was open for a pass inside forward Prestia refused to pass it to him. That probably says it all.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure who it was but someone posted that he's been instructed to go up one handed at training. This along with the dismantling of Cumberland leads me to really question our player development of late.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Needs to learn to shove defenders away, to get his arms free. He did get one free kick for being held today, but forwards (some Carlton players excepted) rarely get free kicks for being held so they need to learn to deal with it.

DS

No physical presence what so ever. How often does he end up on his arse how often is he pushed out of contests.

Can't mark, can't jump, Cn't find the ball useless on the ground.

What were they thinking dropping Blight and playing Balta back so this dud could get a game.

Picking players to justify giving them long contracts that should never have been given.

God i wish they would just play Kossie Balta and Bauer forward and Stick with Blight and Miller broad in defense.
If need be in games it allows for greater flexability.

Reactions: 1 users
it surprises me that he's still like a new born foal... he's been in the system a few years right..?

Reactions: 3 users