Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

Sure he can be named to play forward,but what has he done there?And has he even taken one mark there?
I’m far from convinced on Ryan, but that’s hyperbolic. He took a really good grab in the forward line this year, and it wasn’t the only one. He can take them, but he doesn’t do it often enough.

Reactions: 1 user
Can see the club still being criticised for this deal in 2027.

"Why did we only sign him for three years when he was so cheap???" you'll wail.
"Now we have to pay up. Poor list management by Blair!"
What’s your email? I’ll send you a Google calendar invite to meet me back here on Jul 5 2027.

• Haha
I’m far from convinced on Ryan, but that’s hyperbolic. He took a really good grab in the forward line this year, and it wasn’t the only one. He can take them, but he doesn’t do it often enough.

He has played 19 games for the club and averaged a little more than one mark a game.Sorry for his height that is poor IMO.

I’ve seen Ryan mark the ball at will in the VFL when he plays forward.

It’s his around the ground work, or lack thereof, that concerns me. Outside of ruck contests or forward cameos, he’s invisible.

Thats where the improvement needs to come from. He can mark, he can ruck, he can kick. He needs to learn to impose.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
The big fella should be back soon , what’s the best thing for him , play the year out on the VFL building his craft and confidence or no more *smile* around , play in the AFL and start to more then show glimpses, not sure what the best way forward is

The big fella should be back soon , what’s the best thing for him , play the year out on the VFL building his craft and confidence or no more *smile* around , play in the AFL and start to more then show glimpses, not sure what the best way forward is
Hard to play him in the seniors with Nank and Kosi both performing well and Lynch about to come back in. Unless they drop Blight and move Balta back again.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
No use signing a bloke for 3 years and playing him in the 2s 😉

Hard to play him in the seniors with Nank and Kosi both performing well and Lynch about to come back in. Unless they drop Blight and move Balta back again.
He'll start in the reserves after his break.

The odds of all those guys staying fit (Lynch) in-form (kozi) would be questionable.

If he plays well enough he'll get his chance - like everyone else this year.

No use signing a bloke for 3 years and playing him in the 2s 😉
Most guys on the AFL list have contracts.
Doesn’t guarantee you a game :whistle:
Think we all agree he’s behind a few talls atm. Up to him to force his way in. Be nice if promotion wasn’t only due to injuries.

With a Jungle Beats list like this Samson should be banished to the VFL for eternity ;).
Although ABBA is my teenage era and there was always the heated debate on Anna v Frida:)

1720492348806.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
With a Jungle Beats list like this Samson should be banished to the VFL for eternity ;).
Although ABBA is my teenage era and there was always the heated debate on Anna v Frida:)

View attachment 23370
Amazing how Abba music lives on half-a-century later. As a kid in the 80s, I would call 1930's music 200 years old.

Reactions: 2 users

View attachment 23370
Unbelievable!

You would think the club would check their playlist before considering recruiting someone.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users