Sad to say - But Cousins has nothing left to give "on field" | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sad to say - But Cousins has nothing left to give "on field"

jackfrost said:
How can I ...Im NOT an addict of anything.

So your trying to tell me that the guy/gal sniffing coke or injecting heroin or even smoking joints is being "Forced" to do those things ???

Really ..........WOW, thats eye-opening, I really am out of touch with society then ....and Thank **** thats the case if what your saying is true.....

No one wants to be an addict huh !!!...fascinating belief !!!...guess "willpower" doesn't exist either right ?
I'm sorry, but someone who takes drugs recreationally is not an addict
Believe it or not, but even ice and heroin are able to be used on a casual basis and don't get hooked on it, that's not an addiction.
Do people choose to use drugs? Of course they do. Do they choose to get addicted? Definitely not
At the same time, do you take the same stance against smokers and drinkers? They are both far bigger health issues for us than recreational drugs.

ZeroGame said:
I'm sorry, but someone who takes drugs recreationally is not an addict
Believe it or not, but even ice and heroin are able to be used on a casual basis and don't get hooked on it, that's not an addiction.
Do people choose to use drugs? Of course they do. Do they choose to get addicted? Definitely not
At the same time, do you take the same stance against smokers and drinkers? They are both far bigger health issues for us than recreational drugs.

Believe what you want Zero, we have totally different outlooks on that subject and the twain shall never meet.

As far as Smokers and Drinkers go ??...hell YES, again, all about "choice" ....never drank in my life and grew up in a football club culture...MY CHOICE !!!, I wasnt pressured by the surroundings and never felt peer pressure either.

Now I smoked for 30 years solid, totally "addicted" heavily, even as a player of the game....just gave it up 3 months ago and so far, so good, again, my choice.

jackfrost said:
Believe what you want Zero, we have totally different outlooks on that subject and the twain shall never meet.

As far as Smokers and Drinkers go ??...hell YES, again, all about "choice" ....never drank in my life and grew up in a football club culture...MY CHOICE !!!, I wasnt pressured by the surroundings and never felt peer pressure either.

Now I smoked for 30 years solid, totally "addicted" heavily, even as a player of the game....just gave it up 3 months ago and so far, so good, again, my choice.
Well in the words of Jim Jeffries. If you don't drink you're a boring c*** and all your stories suck. They always end the same way with... "and then I got home"

jackfrost said:
Sorry, NOT buying any of that in the least........

5th in the B&F in a Richmond side of late ??...really, you'd put that on your resume as an accomplishment ???....WOW.
It may have been 5th in a crap team, however it was still 5th from only playing, what, 14 games and after having over 12 months off football and returned from a hamstring in Round 1. I don't care how crap the team is, he clearly playes well last year. Many went on to say that had StKilda taken him they probably would have won the premiership.

Getting back to the Cousins theme, I think he is certainly declining rapidly as a footballer. This has to be his last season, with us anyway. In saying that though, we need to see how he bounces back from his latest injury problems, if he does.

After watching last nights game, mid-season retirement for Cuz looks to be on the cards, maybe Rnd 12?

I thought he did ok last night. Maybe not as fast as he has been in the past but I thought he did a lot of the protecting work for the kids last night. That should not be undervalued. It gives the kids some protection from a bigger bodied player and hopefully raises their confidence. Its not all about stats. I think he is teaching the kids on the ground and that is priceless in a young team.

I seem to recall a similar reaction to a game played whilst he was underdone last year and people were questioning whether he should continue.

He's had an inconsistant preparation leading into the season and probably wasn't really ready to play round 1, I'd give him a few more weeks before we draw a line through his career.

tigerlee said:
I thought he did ok last night. Maybe not as fast as he has been in the past but I thought he did a lot of the protecting work for the kids last night. That should not be undervalued. It gives the kids some protection from a bigger bodied player and hopefully raises their confidence. Its not all about stats. I think he is teaching the kids on the ground and that is priceless in a young team.

Agree, also his 2nd half work was good. I expect he will continue to improve & in 2 or 3 games time imo will be more valuable.

I could be wrong the injury he got was a knee to the back (spin area) in a marking contest a few weeks ago. He continued to play that game out.

I don't agree to the theme he is washed up & finished as a footballer. In fact I believe he will play on next year.

ZeroGame said:
Well in the words of Jim Jeffries. If you don't drink you're a boring c*** and all your stories suck. They always end the same way with... "and then I got home"

ROFL - a classic :clap :rofl

"and then I got home"

Ain't that the truth :)

Reminds me of the film Ford Fairlane:

"You think you're cool because you drive the hottest car, get into the hottest clubs, bed the hottest chicks"?

..... "you have to admit - they're pretty good reasons"!!!!!!!!

At work this week - during a heated debate - this guy says:

"I remember being in a car with you in 2006 when you and Jones spun sex stories the whole 2hr trip!"

a. who remembers 2006?
b. Have you kept this pent up for 4 years???
c. Which one of the seven deadly sins is eating you up: envy, jealousy?

NEVER EVER trust a man who doesn't drink!

I say this from personal experience!

"and then I got home" ..... :rofl

I think we need to see Cuz play 3 or 4 games consecutively before we call time on him.
He looks under done to me.
Hopefully he has a role to play for us.

Sir said:
ROFL - a classic :clap :rofl

"and then I got home"

Ain't that the truth :)

Reminds me of the film Ford Fairlane:

"You think you're cool because you drive the hottest car, get into the hottest clubs, bed the hottest chicks"?

..... "you have to admit - they're pretty good reasons"!!!!!!!!

At work this week - during a heated debate - this guy says:

"I remember being in a car with you in 2006 when you and Jones spun sex stories the whole 2hr trip!"

a. who remembers 2006?
b. Have you kept this pent up for 4 years???
c. Which one of the seven deadly sins is eating you up: envy, jealousy?

NEVER EVER trust a man who doesn't drink!

I say this from personal experience!

"and then I got home" ..... :rofl

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend you track down Jim Jeffries - I Swear to God, it's his HBO special from last year I think.
Australian guy, but no one here knows who he is even though he sells out Edinburgh fesival every year and now does regular radio guest spots with Opie & Anthony in the US.

Coming back from injury Cuz needs to play a few games in a row before he is written off

ZeroGame said:
I said best player aquisition in the last 30 years, not best player

I still don't understand. How is Cousins the best player acquisition in 30 years? What do you mean? Best recruit as in worth to the club under the circumstances?