Sad to say - But Cousins has nothing left to give "on field" | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sad to say - But Cousins has nothing left to give "on field"

jackfrost said:
Why would I be spooking myself ??....Ive never had any addictions.

Sorry, have zero interest in druggo's, there choice to tak that path, not my problem ......harsh you say ???....you better believe it, never hung out with any, never will.

Are you real? Or a bot from a religious cult?
Stick your head out of your house....or better still....nick the cult's bus and drive through the CBD.
You're bound to see someone who's life has hit the rails at sometime.

Psst.....I don't have any interest in "druggo's" either....but we've got one. Get used to it.

ZeroGame said:
Nope and not only that I was dead against getting Ben to the club
However I'm humble enough to realise that I was absolutely wrong, he's been a fantastic acquisition for Richmond, one of the best in decades.

One of the best acquisitions in decades? Let's not get carried away here. Jury's still out about whether he was a worthwhile acquisition at all.

Scribblar said:
Thank You Reverend Frost.....now cast the first stone.

Your welcome Noob ...............let me guess, some 18-21 year old, covered in new age sleeve tatts that you got when you and your buds got stoned one night ????

better than being one of these PC wanka's that is nothing more than a Yes Man, like your good self seems to be......

Simple fact is this, Cousins has done nothing on the field to improve this Clubs situation and some in here will defend his signing to he hilt and that is why this Club will continue to struggle for many many years to come.

GoodOne said:
One of the best acquisitions in decades? Let's not get carried away here. Jury's still out about whether he was a worthwhile acquisition at all.
Care to name any better ones from the last 3 decades?

ZeroGame said:
Ben Cousins is the furthest example of a loser you could ever come up with
The man is a winner and a proven champion, not only personally but within a team and as a leader.

For what he's achieved professionally and overcome personally, he's the epitome of a role model.

Hilarious .......... its obvious we come from totally different generations, and leave it at that ......... Total LOSER in my books, irregardless of what he has achieved on the footabll field.

ZeroGame said:
Exactly, it's a joke. I can take the p!ss out of myself.
However I'm humble enough to realise that I was absolutely wrong, he's been a fantastic aquisition for Richmond, one of the best in decades.

OK, I have no problem with you thinking he's been a fantastic aquisition to the club......now show me in terms of "WHAT" it is, that I can now look at to prove your point ??????

jackfrost said:
Your welcome Noob ...............let me guess, some 18-21 year old, covered in new age sleeve tatts that you got when you and your buds got stoned one night ????

better than being one of these PC wanka's that is nothing more than a Yes Man, like your good self seems to be......

Simple fact is this, Cousins has done nothing on the field to improve this Clubs situation and some in here will defend his signing to he hilt and that is why this Club will continue to struggle for many many years to come.

Noob?....lol...thanks mate.
I used to use that too at BigFooty where I spent the last 8 years.
Thought I'd pop in here and just get a feel for what the pensioners here like you think of the society wide drug problem.

Obviously, you're out of touch with society.
You're also off the mark on your summary of me....just like your view of Cuz.

Bingo is in the Lounge Room at the Home tomorrow at 3pm. Don't argue with me. Get some sleep.
You've got a big day!
;)

Cheers

For fork sake!
5th in the B&F last year only playing 2/3 of the season
Teaching a young midfield about the work rate required for AFL
Teaching a young midfield to play as a team and block for their team mates
Premiership captain now an unofficial leader at a team devoid of leadership
Another mature body to assist the kids from getting hammered
Giving our players confidence that they always know he will be there to dish of to when they are under pressure
Other than Richo, the best player to be on Richmond's list in 30 years, you'd think he'd have some decent knowledge to pass on from his experience

I understand he's fallen behind this year, however he's had no continuity in his season and is about where he was this time last year. Let him play for a month and watch him improve as he gets his match fitness back. If he plays out the season and can't get back to where he was last year then I'm sure we won't have to convince him his time is up.

Scribblar said:
Are you real? Or a bot from a religious cult?
Stick your head out of your house....or better still....nick the cult's bus and drive through the CBD.
You're bound to see someone who's life has hit the rails at sometime.

Psst.....I don't have any interest in "druggo's" either....but we've got one. Get used to it.

Did you not read what I wrote ???............ZERO interest in being around , seeing or wasting a second of my life on those that CHOOSE addiction as their path or calling in life .....

Are you trying to tell us all that you need help in this regard ???....is Benny a Poster Boy for you because "you know what he's been through" ????

Guy has been given every opportunity in life and so far pissed it all away and then expected to be welcomed back with open arms just because he plays a sport well......sorry, that doesnt work for me !!!....... he's getting a paycheque he's not close to earning as far a Im concerned and I dont believe he'll be back next year so maybe its you that needs to deal with that ?

ZeroGame said:
Exactly, it's a joke. I can take the p!ss out of myself.
However I'm humble enough to realise that I was absolutely wrong, he's been a fantastic aquisition for Richmond, one of the best in decades.

The 'best in decades', have we been seriously that bad???

ZeroGame said:
Care to name any better ones from the last 3 decades?

How well have we gone in the last 29 years again ???...........Better ??...when youve had the record this club has attained in that time I dont believe the word "better" is really that relevant.

Well D'ohhhh.......... and your what ?....31 yourself, so therefore, NEVER seen any success from this club in YOUR lifetime, have you !!!

Hmmm, that explains alot then.....and makes your thinking far easier for me to understand.

ZeroGame said:
For fork sake!
5th in the B&F last year only playing 2/3 of the season
Teaching a young midfield about the work rate required for AFL
Teaching a young midfield to play as a team and block for their team mates
Premiership captain now an unofficial leader at a team devoid of leadership
Another mature body to assist the kids from getting hammered
Giving our players confidence that they always know he will be there to dish of to when they are under pressure
Other than Richo, the best player to be on Richmond's list in 30 years, you'd think he'd have some decent knowledge to pass on from his experience

I understand he's fallen behind this year, however he's had no continuity in his season and is about where he was this time last year. Let him play for a month and watch him improve as he gets his match fitness back. If he plays out the season and can't get back to where he was last year then I'm sure we won't have to convince him his time is up.

Sorry, NOT buying any of that in the least........

5th in the B&F in a Richmond side of late ??...really, you'd put that on your resume as an accomplishment ???....WOW.

ZeroGame said:
Prove me wrong!

How can I ...Im NOT an addict of anything.

So your trying to tell me that the guy/gal sniffing coke or injecting heroin or even smoking joints is being "Forced" to do those things ???

Really ..........WOW, thats eye-opening, I really am out of touch with society then ....and Thank **** thats the case if what your saying is true.....

No one wants to be an addict huh !!!...fascinating belief !!!...guess "willpower" doesn't exist either right ?

If Cousins work ethic on the training track rubs off on any of our kids it is not something that will show tangible results immediately. As time goes by we will know for sure.

As for him coaching he may make a decent coach but I have to admit I would rather him coach at our club once we know that his addictions are under control.

ZeroGame said:
You idiot, no one CHOOSES addiction

No but people do choose drugs that if they had half a brain they would know would lead to addiction. Personally I have far more sympathy or empathy for someone who contracts cancer or some other desease through no fault of their own. Like it or not as great a player as he has been on the field he has been an equal idiot off it (and that including his run-ins with the law and the company he has kept). In terms of his contribution to Richmond team, well the results on the board haven't been overwhelming as yet and even last year he wasn't the Cousins of old. I'm sure some of the younger players would have learnt something from him, but I would be amazed that in 10 years from now, when the history of Richmonds rebirth as a power is being written, that the recruitment of Cousins will be considered a major turning point. He helped with membership for a year, gave some hope (false), he played some good games, perhaps helped in the developement of some kids, but that will probably be it. In terms of his career vis-a-vis' West Coast, Tiger Cousins will a minor footnote (like Brereton was at Collingwood, Doug Hawkins at Fitzory or Bradshaw now at Sydney).