Sad to say - But Cousins has nothing left to give "on field" | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sad to say - But Cousins has nothing left to give "on field"

jackfrost said:
Show me some proof of your statement then.
Have you been living under a rock? Or just don't read or listen to interviews with our players and coaches?
They repeatedly single him out praising his professionalism on the training track, his mature wise premiership brownlow winning football knowledge, leadership... do I need to carry on any more?

I hope he stays on at Richmond as midfield coach so we can turf out Campbell. Ask yourself seriously, who has better credentials to teach a team of kids how to play in the guts?

I think the game has passed him by. There is no doubting that the game is now much faster than it was even just 3 years ago, and I think all older players are finding it alot tougher now. Of course we need to let him string some more games together this season, however, in a season and almost a half I have to say on balance the positives of the decision to recruit Cousins has been slightly outweighed by the negatives.

If Cuz gets delisted but is adamant he can keep playing, it'll be interesting to see if and how he sells himself to GC.

Ch 10 says Crawf wants to make a comeback.

jackfrost said:
Garbage ? ...OK, I'm a man of reason !!

Show me some proof of your statement then.

Show me ONE player that has benefitted from HIS presence at the Club (football wise Im speaking)!!

When you can come up with a player who Cousins is depriving of a Senior spot, then Cousins can run around in our developing side.
He may be a bit slow, be ineffective....but so is everyone else in the Senior Side!

willo said:
Cotchin & Deledio have spoken highly of him in some interviews. Giving pointers during the game, setting an example with his work & training ethic.

Im NOT talking about an actual player speaking, (like they are gonna say anything else , get real) show me something that my eyes can see for themselves !!!

If Cousins has had such a positive impact on this football club, why is it we are winning less than we were before he arrived ???

The only decent thing he's done here was to smacking that smartarse Connors about the head region, end of story.

jackfrost said:
Im NOT talking about an actual player speaking, (like they are gonna say anything else , get real) show me something that my eyes can see for themselves !!!

If Cousins has had such a positive impact on this football club, why is it we are winning less than we were before he arrived ???

The only decent thing he's done here was to smacking that smartarse Connors about the head region, end of story.

Revisit that question...it makes you sound like a complete fool.

ZeroGame said:
Have you been living under a rock? Or just don't read or listen to interviews with our players and coaches?
They repeatedly single him out praising his professionalism on the training track, his mature wise premiership brownlow winning football knowledge, leadership... do I need to carry on any more?

I hope he stays on at Richmond as midfield coach so we can turf out Campbell. Ask yourself seriously, who has better credentials to teach a team of kids how to play in the guts?

I wish Id be living under a rock in regards to following this club for the last 28 years or so ........ unfortunately Im not that lucky in life !!!

I dont care what Coaches or Players SAY .....give me ACTIONS over WORDS any day of he week ................ I played the game myself long enough to know how the whole "never say a negative thing to the media about the Club or a teamate goes OK" ....its nothing but lipservice, your naive enough to believe all that then fine, you'll be more than happy to watch this team continue to put together zero to 3 wins a season for the next 5 years or so.

Now as far as "coaching" goes ???....no idea how that sits within his future............ but you'd better hope he's truely over his addiction if you expect him to manage the next generation coming through.
Don't know if I'd be willing to have my kid under his tutorledge just yet.

jackfrost said:

Stupidest post in quite a while.

Scribblar said:
When you can come up with a player who Cousins is depriving of a Senior spot, then Cousins can run around in our developing side.
He may be a bit slow, be ineffective....but so is everyone else in the Senior Side!

So logically then shouldn't the oldest players make way for the younger player who is still developing? If he is so slow and innefective that is.

jackfrost said:
So it's his fault we're losing?

You suck at life

jackfrost said:
I wish Id be living under a rock in regards to following this club for the last 28 years or so ........ unfortunately Im not that lucky in life !!!

I dont care what Coaches or Players SAY .....give me ACTIONS over WORDS any day of he week ................ I played the game myself long enough to know how the whole "never say a negative thing to the media about the Club or a teamate goes OK" ....its nothing but lipservice, your naive enough to believe all that then fine, you'll be more than happy to watch this team continue to put together zero to 3 wins a season for the next 5 years or so.

Now as far as "coaching" goes ???....no idea how that sits within his future............ but you'd better hope he's truely over his addiction if you expect him to manage the next generation coming through.
Don't know if I'd be willing to have my kid under his tutorledge just yet.

Love this theory....going by that summary....there'd never be a drug counselor working anywhere.
Aren't all addicts....once an addict, always an addict?
Counselors admit it's a current on-going battle with their addiction.
And who better then them to advise and steer next generations?

Get off Cousin's case....you're even spooking yourself. :eek:

ZeroGame said:
So it's his fault we're losing?

You suck at life

Hmmmm, that may well be the case ........ but Ill tell ya what, I know I dont suck at life enough to idolise a loser in life as Cousins has turned out to be............ if having his attitude and outlook on how life should be lead is any example, Im quite happy to have taken the path I have compared to him.

jackfrost said:
Hmmmm, that may well be the case ........ but Ill tell ya what, I know I dont suck at life enough to idolise a loser in life as Cousins has turned out to be............ if having his attitude and outlook on how life should be lead is any example, Im quite happy to have taken the path I have compared to him.

Thank You Reverend Frost.....now cast the first stone.

Scribblar said:
Love this theory....going by that summary....there'd never be a drug counselor working anywhere.
Aren't all addicts....once an addict, always an addict?
Counselors admit it's a current on-going battle with their addiction.
And who better then them to advise and steer next generations?

Get off Cousin's case....you're even spooking yourself. :eek:

Why would I be spooking myself ??....Ive never had any addictions.

Sorry, have zero interest in druggo's, there choice to tak that path, not my problem ......harsh you say ???....you better believe it, never hung out with any, never will.

jackfrost said:
Hey ZERO....you really do have ZeroGame dont you ?.....hahahahaha
Exactly, it's a joke. I can take the *smile* out of myself.

Let me guess, you have a pair or 2 of Benny Jammies dont you ???

You his sister or his brother !!!!!
Nope and not only that I was dead against getting Ben to the club
However I'm humble enough to realise that I was absolutely wrong, he's been a fantastic aquisition for Richmond, one of the best in decades.

jackfrost said:
Ben Cousins is the furthest example of a loser you could ever come up with
The man is a winner and a proven champion, not only personally but within a team and as a leader.

For what he's achieved professionally and overcome personally, he's the epitome of a role model.