Sad to say - But Cousins has nothing left to give "on field" | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sad to say - But Cousins has nothing left to give "on field"

Cousins was good last night. Saw alot of the ball, 24 possessions and only played 62% game time, the lowest of any Tiger for the night. Martin was also spectacular amassing his 24 possessions from 70% game time.

was good friday night. If he comes home with a wet sail he may just play in 2011 but it is a long shot

tigersforever06 said:
was good friday night. If he comes home with a wet sail he may just play in 2011 but it is a long shot
Not so sure,l reckon he'll prove his worth in the coming weeks & will be given a contract for 2011.

His class is definately a stand out -

but as good as he is in that regard. I worry about 2 things which are critical if we wnat to keep him.

1. I think hes a bit slow. hes definatley lost pace.

and

2. He doesn't seem to want to kick the ball. he uses it well on most ocasions but would love him to deliver into forward 50 a little more.

mtench said:
The chimp said on game day that he wants Cuz to play on next year, the boys must really respect him.

What would you have expected him to say - that Cousins is not part of Richmonds future and should retire at the end of the season? When was the last time that any player said that about any one?

U2Tigers said:
His class is definately a stand out -

but as good as he is in that regard. I worry about 2 things which are critical if we wnat to keep him.

1. I think hes a bit slow. hes definatley lost pace.

and

2. He doesn't seem to want to kick the ball. he uses it well on most ocasions but would love him to deliver into forward 50 a little more.

And that can only get worse next year when he is 33. One of the problems this club has had is hanging on to old players past their prime and desperately trying to squeeze a final year out of them. Hopefully Hardwick will make the hard call for the future (unlike that imposter Wallet was seldom ever able to do).