Ruthless or reluctant? Time for the club to choose | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ruthless or reluctant? Time for the club to choose

Clear as day Yze doesn’t have what he needs, he will get most of it over the next 2-3 draft periods.

Midfield is a joke, an absolute disaster area.

You cannot expect to successfully coach an AFL team with such a glaring weakness.

Reactions: 7 users
Clear as day Yze doesn’t have what he needs, he will get most of it over the next 2-3 draft periods.

You cannot expect to successfully coach an AFL team with such a glaring weakness.
He may get what he needs over the next 2-3 drafts but it usually takes 50 games for a player to really influence a match. Check out LDU as a working example. Reid and Daicos are exceptions, not the rule.
So it’s not going to be a quick fix

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Lol at the rising temperature in here.

Anyway i think something like this.

We split pick 1 for a top 5 and a top 10. lets say 4 and 8. Don't ask me how it is achieved im just making it up as i go.

Rioli nets us pick 6 and 20 from gcs.
Baker and 36 nets us 12 and 25. from freo.
Graham nets us pick 40. band 2 or 3 compensation

We then bundle up later picks 39,,54, 63, and 68 for a top 20.

We end up with 4,6,8,12,19, 20,21, 24, 25,40,41.

There ya go rebuild complete lol.
11 picks inside 42 and we keep Dusty and Shai. Mmmmm cd live with that.

He seems unwilling to react to problems as they emerge.
We have had a lot of injuries and that certainly limits his options but I would like to see him react more quickly to perceived problems and show a willingness to try and close down certain opposition players and rotate players so that we are for example, not always too slow in the midfield.
Could it simply be that with all the injury upheaval and player disconnect this causes, that Ouzo's main priority is simply trying to get the players bedded into the system and structure he's trying to build. Without necessarily trying to plug holes, fill gaps, tag certain oppo players as this, for now takes away from the structures and systems he's trying to embed into he team?

Reactions: 7 users
He may get what he needs over the next 2-3 drafts but it usually takes 50 games for a player to really influence a match. Check out LDU as a working example. Reid and Daicos are exceptions, not the rule.
So it’s not going to be a quick fix
True, one bonus is that through injury he's been forced to ram a bunch of games into the fringe youngsters that couldn't get a look due to all our old pensioner champions hanging around forever. Next couple of years will be painful regardless of who we recruit, but half the fun of footy is watching the youngsters grow n develop and anticipating the arrival of our next dynasty era. I'm just hoping we get it right a bit quicker than the last one, I'm not gunna make another 30 plus years of waiting time.

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks TM. U may be right but I don’t see that as the case here.
If an opponent is knocking the crap out of u, u need to do something to attempt to meet the challenge.
And player wise he has persevered with a
couple this year who have pretty much always shown very little.
Injuries and old age have crippled us and it is a rebuild which will take time.
But would love to have seen some reaction other than just an end of game expression of disappointment.

Reactions: 1 user

Why not try other players in there? Rioli, Vlaustin, Campbell? Blokes that can kick it.

Just want to mention we drafted:

2006 -Reiwoldt and Edwards
2007 -Cotchin, Rance
2009 - Dusty and Astbury
-(2005 and 2008 were a complete disaster)

We played finals in 2013/14/15 so we're talking 6-7 years to play finals and 11 before we became a great side.

buckle up kids

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
11 picks inside 42 and we keep Dusty and Shai. Mmmmm cd live with that.
I was just having a bit of fun throwing some things out there but if you think about it its not a huge reach.

Is Liam Baker plus pick 33 worth pick 12 and 25 ?. I think that would be in the ball park.

Common Knowledge that GCS have been talking to Dan Rioli. 27 yo contracted until 2027. I think pick 6 and 20 is very much in play.

Graham well talk is Eagles, he would get us a pick around 40 depending on size of contract. Again doable if Graham wants out.

We have an abundance of picks that can be bundled up to clubs who need them for f/s and acadamy picks. a top 20 very gettable.

I think Dusty will retire so no we don't keep Dusty but Shai is younger than Rioli and is contracted until 2028 i think we can wait a year and if need be trade him next year for good draft picks.

The only scenario im doubtful about is the splitting of pick 1 with it supposedly such an even top 20.

Still even if we don't split pick one it still leaves something like this

1, 6, 12, 19, 20, 21, 24, 25, 40, 41. Not a draft hand to be sneezed at.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Review the whole football department. Alot of problems were at the club before Yze arrived. I have been saying this for while the football department of Livingstone and Blair need accountability and Gale last 2 seasons haven't been up to scratch. Poor appointments, not reading where we are as a club and not replacing quality people. Way to conservative last 2 years with trades and retirements. No first round pick in 2 years was a disaster.

Reactions: 4 users
Review the whole football department. Alot of problems were at the club before Yze arrived. I have been saying this for while the football department of Livingstone and Blair need accountability and Gale last 2 seasons haven't been up to scratch. Poor appointments, not reading where we are as a club and not replacing quality people. Way to conservative last 2 years with trades and retirements. No first round pick in 2 years was a disaster.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Reactions: 1 users