Round 7 - The other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 7 - The other games

well done cheats. Anyway...I reckon sweating on a guy taking a free kick then pouncing on him the moment "play on" is called is a cheap tactic. No surprise that a football club who's entire culture is based on cheating to win would favour that

Geez it hurts seeing these other former struggling sides rise from the ashes whilst we still flounder.
I mean when was the last time Richmond beat teams like Geelong or the Aints?
I'm all for patience but it's depressing.

mexican_radio said:
well done cheats. Anyway...I reckon sweating on a guy taking a free kick then pouncing on him the moment "play on" is called is a cheap tactic. No surprise that a football club who's entire culture is based on cheating to win would favour that

I thought this rule had changed and there was some 5m zone?? Seemed to recall we got crucified by this rule in the pre season. Has it been canned now?

Tigers of Old said:
Geez it hurts seeing these other former struggling sides rise from the ashes whilst we still flounder.
I mean when was the last time Richmond beat teams like Geelong or the Aints?
I'm all for patience but it's depressing.

Because we had two egotistical incompetent morons as coach and director of football who believed in taking shortcuts and in their own publicity, and who didn't believe in fully exploiting the draft (and yes I admit I continue to be very bitter and am not the least bit ashamed of it).

23.21.159 said:
On the other hand it DOES show how relatively quickly it can be turned around. Shows both fans AND players.

yeah if you got the picks available to do it...

wayne said:
I reckon the Blues are closer to a flag than most would think. They've pretty much got the midfield right, a good ruckman, the defence is ok. Trade for a good forward next season and they're a real show.

The Cats and Eagles won flags on the back of gun midfields good defence and only an average forward line.

Saints are struggling a bit with their balance without Reiwoldt. Carlton aren't doing too badly but they are far, far away from premiership material.

GoodOne said:
Saints are struggling a bit with their balance without Reiwoldt. Carlton aren't doing too badly but they are far, far away from premiership material.

Agreed. Collingwood smashed them the other week, they're probably premiership favourites at the moment. Make no mistake though, Carlton will be a very good team in a year or 2. Their list and best 22 they put out on the park each week is nearly as young as ours which is amazing given the difference in where the 2 teams are at.

Ty Carl and Stk.
Was waiting on tonights result.
Our work Footy punters club put $80 on Coll[Highest score] and Richmond[Lowest score] for the rnd.
$3680 tax free. :clap :clap :clap

Carlton were irrepresible tonight. Geez they played some scintillatiing football against supposedly one of the best sides in the comp. Who said cheats never prosper ??? Both them and Melbourne have played the system beautifully and will be rewarded with very strong teams to come in the next few years. Whether it gets either of them the ultimate remians to be seen but it sure as hell is a lot better than the crap we'll be going through for the same period.

As for the Saints, well it's just more proof that without Riewoldt they just can not kick enough goals. Kicking 6-10 goals a game isn't gonna get them anywhere near a flag.

Whats wrong with Raph Clarke? Is he injured?
Everytime I watch him play he appears to make the same mistakes.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Ty Carl and Stk.
Was waiting on tonights result.
Our work Footy punters club put $80 on Coll[Highest score] and Richmond[Lowest score] for the rnd.
$3680 tax free. :clap :clap :clap

Watch it Captain, that could earn a 2 weeks suspension on PRE.

Skills said:

I'll tell you what's wrong with; he's no bloody good. Horrible footballer. He's got a few mates at St.Kilda as well who'll be found out with Riewoldt not there to take all the heat. Jason Blake is one of them. Not sure if Kosi is in that group but he's in shocking form at the moment.

Ridley said:
I'll tell you what's wrong with; he's no bloody good. Horrible footballer. He's got a few mates at St.Kilda as well who'll be found out with Riewoldt not there to take all the heat. Jason Blake is one of them. Not sure if Kosi is in that group but he's in shocking form at the moment.

Much appreciated.

Skills said:

No he isnt good enough, St.Kildas achilles heal
Mcquater- dud
Jones- cant kick
Kosi- He looks like Polak
geary- hasnt improved
gilbert- Lets not bag mcguane too much, I think he has kicked the ball out on the full 10 times this year, his kicking sucks

No leg speed through the side, 1 player goes down and the wheels strart to fall off.
I cant see them making top 4 , without riewolt. and they thought all they needed to do was to turn up this year and win a flag,