Round 7 - The other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 7 - The other games

mb64 said:
Demons have certainly left us behind

Didn't they make the finals in 2006? So they have bottomed out and pinged back up pretty quickly really. We are the only team that gets to the bottom but never pings. They have drafted extremelt well while having their short term at the bottom , perhaps Watts in lieu of NicNat aside.

stripes17 said:
I know everyone says they worked the system beautifully, but it makes me sick. Who said cheats don't prosper??? They rearranged their team to conjure up losses, but we are just genuinely bad.

couldnt agree with you more. Glad they lost. Although I have no great love of the doggies either. The Dee's could, nay should be 5-2. Two fairly contentious touched behinds that may have swung the result.

Thought the Bullies looked really slow last night, and their ball handling pretty ordinary even with the slippery conditions. Lots of fumbling under no pressure which was un-bulldogs like. If they had of lost would the blow torch have been turned to them??

And safe to say I have no idea of the interpretation of the holding the ball/incorrect disposal rule too....

tannerztigers said:
Scully played a belta! 18 disposals in the last quarter.

Any one going to question his kicking? Yeah it was wet but it was Masten-like last night. Many are quick to give Martin or the chimp a wack if they miss a target or 3.

WesternTiger said:
Any one going to question his kicking? Yeah it was wet but it was Masten-like last night. Many are quick to give Martin or the chimp a wack if they miss a target or 3.

Didn't focus on it too much due to the wet, but your right. 19 kicks, 20 handballs, EIGHT CLANGERS more than anyone by quiet a bit. 7 Clearances aswell.

The AFL go to great lengths for teams to have clash jumpers and then have allowed Melbourne and the umpires to wear very similar colours. ::)

I hope they don't repeat it next season. :p

Great endeavour by the Dees. But at least my Dad will be happy his Dogs got up. :)

WesternTiger said:

Not me. Scully looks and out and out star in the making. They may have got Watts wrong but they got Scully and Trengove right (IMO)

Scully, Trengove, McKenzie, Grimes were all in the top 6 possession getters for Melbourne and all 20 yo or less. Add in Jones and Dunn who are 22 and that's 6 out of the top 8. They're progressing well. Compare that to the Dogs who had Giansiracusa, Cross, Hudson, Akermanis, Boyd all 27yo and up in the top 8 and no-one 2yo or less, you can see who's on the way down and who's on the way up.

jb03 said:
Not me. Scully looks and out and out star in the making. They may have got Watts wrong but they got Scully and Trengove right (IMO)

How can you say that about Watts? Could rip his first few games apart when he comes in. Wait till he has a chance.

tannerztigers said:
How can you say that about Watts? Could rip his first few games apart when he comes in. Wait till he has a chance.
That is true tannerz, just that he is a long way off the pace at this stage.

Tigers of Old said:
Jordan Lewis the first high profile Hawk to take a fall for their continuing fall from grace.

surprise surprise, lewis is playing. (and just missed a shocker)

Brodders17 said:
surprise surprise, lewis is playing. (and just missed a shocker)

Well it looks like Bateman will be out for next week (on report - high hit)
WCE v Hawks game hast reached great heights.

Odduna said:
Well it looks like Bateman will be out for next week (on report - high hit)
WCE v Hawks game hast reached great heights.
He should get rubbed out too,he left the ground to bump the Eagles bloke and got him in the head.