Round 5 - The other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 5 - The other games

Also St Kilda's cutting edge up forward has been sadly lacking in the bigger ground.

Expect them to win there fair share at Etihad. But will massively struggle away from there without Roo.

There boring defensive gamestyle playing a 3 man forward line requires stars up front. Without Riewoldt Lyon has none. Just the 6 goals tonight.

Great 50 point thrashing win by the Dees. Scully, Trengove, Pettard, Frawley all look the goods. Sylvia's improving too.

Port filled up my tank with tonight's win, but that WAS a deliberate rushed behind by Carr.

Leysy Days said:
Also St Kilda's cutting edge up forward has been sadly lacking in the bigger ground.

Expect them to win there fair share at Etihad. But will massively struggle away from there without Roo.

There boring defensive gamestyle playing a 3 man forward line requires stars up front. Without Riewoldt Lyon has none. Just the 6 goals tonight.

Agree. And I think Kosi may be the most overrated footballer in the AFL. Just fails to stand up. Has all the tools but just fails to impose himself.

SCOOP said:
Agree. And I think Kosi may be the most overrated footballer in the AFL. Just fails to stand up. Has all the tools but just fails to impose himself.

Kozy is waaaaay too slooooowww to be a key forward. Defenders love his sort.

SCOOP said:

Once Kosi would have accepted the challenge of being No. 1 but not any more. He was pathetic, Saints may as well trade him before his value goes down any further.

Kosi missed a simple mark by letting the Port player mark with his back behind the ball. Definitely overrated.

Was Rodan a Richmond player ........geez

IanG said:
Once Kosi would have accepted the challenge of being No. 1 but not any more. He was pathetic, Saints may as well trade him before his value goes down any further.

correct me if im wrong, but didnt the saints inquire about Mchanon?
straight swap. (throw in a pack of twistees)
I would play him full time in the ruck..

TigerForce said:
Was Rodan a Richmond player ........geez

Yeah but for us he was a glass half full type, list clogger or any other of the negative terms we use to describe players in between untried draft picks and elite talent.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Yeah but for us he was a glass half full type, list clogger or any other of the negative terms we use to describe players in between untried draft picks and elite talent.

Not bad pick up for the last pick in the draft,
Port has allowed him to play his natural game, and tonite he was everywhere..
great game D.R

TigerMasochist said:
Not specifically a Griffen hater but how can you properly compare the output of a player in a quality side compared to a similar type player in a shocking side?
AFL is after all a team game so it would be more appropriate to rate similar type players in similar standard teams.
Why not rate a Griffen who plays in a team that's made the finals the last few years against a Selwood who plays in a team that's also played finals the last few years? They both have similar standards of support around them in the midfield so take your pick Ryan or Joel.

Good players stand up no matter what side they are in. Martin has already done more than Tambling did in his first 3 seasons.

Griffen had 9 contested possesions last night aswell as 4 clearances which shows he is doing more than just waiting for his teammates to give it to him.

Well done to D-Rod great game tonight. Always had time for him. Meanwhile Schulz is still a dud.

IrockZ said:
Good players stand up no matter what side they are in. Martin has already done more than Tambling did in his first 3 seasons.
Wasn't talking about Dusty, but why not bag the Dogs for taking Griff instead of Franklin? Or bag the Dees for taking Watts over Nic Nat, there's always someone gets the pick order wrong every year.

Griffen had 9 contested possesions last night aswell as 4 clearances which shows he is doing more than just waiting for his teammates to give it to him.
Never suggested Griff was waiting for others to get the pill out to him, the concept is that it's far easier to play good footy when you have a quality bunch of teammates helping share the workload and pressure from the opposition rather than one or two good players struggling to cope without much assistance from teammates.
Question still remains Griffen or Selwood?

Well done to D-Rod great game tonight. Always had time for him. Meanwhile Schulz is still a dud.
No arguement from me about D-Rod or the big Yowie.

Leysy Days said:
Kozy is waaaaay too slooooowww to be a key forward. Defenders love his sort.

Would also struggle these days down back, due to his lack of acceleration.

I suppose the question is, where can he be played?

Perhaps as a mobile ruckman. King or Gardiner could play the number 1 spot and allow Kosi to play as a number 2 ruck/forward, although he might lack the smarts to play a roaming role.

Don't feel so bad about my team, whilst watching the ess rabbit-in-the-spotlight handball exhibition.

Give the ANZAC Day fixture to the top 2 vic teams in the previous year.

Fighting Fury said:
Don't feel so bad about my team, whilst watching the ess rabbit-in-the-spotlight handball exhibition.

Was always going to be a demolition job by scumwood. Essendon are just not up to it.

Fighting Fury said:

AGree,Bombers gameplan is woeful

Fighting Fury said:
Agree. ess have a lot of ordinary midfielders...

Led gamely by their captain - I wonder how many dreamteam points/stats that count that he has got up by now.... ::)

honestly have you ever seen a bunch of more ugly and feral people than those collingwood supporters ;D