Round 5 - The other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 5 - The other games

IanG said:
Explain why Griffin should be compared to Tambling when he was picked before Tambling.

Explain where I said they should be compared?

They cannot be compared, one is an improving midfielder with size, strength, speed and skill with the added benefit of playing amongst an elite midfield.

The other is a HB or HF flanker with low confidence playing amongst a young team with low confidence.

Initially they were both drafted as mids, both were selected high in the draft.

It's funny, SEN talked today about who was a better selection - Griffen or Buddy - t many PREtenders continue with the Griffen/Tambling arguement. No one outside of a Richmond supporter would take Tambling over Griffen. Not last year, not the year before, not ever.

Dees moving well at the G against Brisbane. Their players are positioning really well.

Gee Tom Scully is having a day out. Looking like a number 1 pick and then some. He is a Ben Cousins clone at the same age

Melbourne are entering a very exciting period. The biggest improvement I have seen in them is there tackling. They don't miss. And everyone commits to the cause. Then when they force the turnover they just run, run, run. If Watts turns into a reasonable target they have a lot to work with.

Hartlett is a gun. Hope his hammies hold up because he will be a superstar.

Raines has been shocking tonight cannot hit the side of a barn.

Good to see Melbourne's tanking is paying off - how dumb a club are we not to have done it 5 years ago and we do it now when there is no reward. I hate Melbourne and I hate Bailey bloody cheats.

GEDS1 said:
Raines has been shocking tonight cannot hit the side of a barn.

Good to see Melbourne's tanking is paying off - how dumb a club are we not to have done it 5 years ago and we do it now when there is no reward. I hate Melbourne and I hate Bailey bloody cheats.

Smart club, great time to rebuild, Scully, trengrove, morton, frawley, grimes, McKenzie, watts, etc what a side they will be in the next 3-4 years,
Congratulations to them,

As for us again the laughing stock of the AFL, 5 picks in the 20, picks in the top 10, trades and development have all failed.. now WE wait for the next rebuild..

Martin is a star, but can totally see why the wraps on Scully in particular & Trengove. Will be stars.

Leysy would have at the time & would still take Hartlett at 1 in 08'. Natanui included.

I wonder if it is really appropriate for someone on the rules committee to be slagging a player on a national broadcast.

K Cornes does play for some free, but he surly isnt the worst.

IrockZ said:
Where are the Griffen haters this week?
Not specifically a Griffen hater but how can you properly compare the output of a player in a quality side compared to a similar type player in a shocking side?
AFL is after all a team game so it would be more appropriate to rate similar type players in similar standard teams.
Why not rate a Griffen who plays in a team that's made the finals the last few years against a Selwood who plays in a team that's also played finals the last few years? They both have similar standards of support around them in the midfield so take your pick Ryan or Joel.

Well done Dees, but I don't rate the Lions.

Fev and Brown are a dynamic duo, but the rest of the team are a bunch of battlers.

Melbourne thrashes Brisbane in it's third victory in a row (could have been four if they beaten Collingwood as they should of). Can any one seriously argue that tanking and bottoming out does not work? (just tragic that we are at our lowest ebb with the parasites from up north taking the cream of the talent crop for the next few years).

Good on you Dee's. Just goes to show that if you keep persisting your fortunes can turn pretty quick. We can take heart from this, yes I know the raiders will take the top picks, but thats not the point, the point is galvanising a playing group and getting games into kids. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Port look like they make hold on over the saints. Rodan has been amazing in his second game back after his knee reco which he only did 4 months ago :eek:

bowden4president said:
Port look like they make hold on over the saints. Rodan has been amazing in his second game back after his knee reco which he only did 4 months ago :eek:
Bumped into him at airport once and he was a genuine top bloke, signing autographs for the uneducated ones (power types) having photos and stopping for chit chat. Wish him the best of luck, has worked hard to turn it around. One of the good blokes for sure.

Yep Rodan amazing. Clear BOG against the Saints to list them to a win so soon after a reco.

Excellent footballer is the D-Rod.