Round 20: the Prince Harry and Meghan Markle games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 20: the Prince Harry and Meghan Markle games.

GWS got him for a bargain from memory as nobody wanted him.
We were keen, then we heard nothing, then GWS came into the picture.
Danihar was injured at Essendon, he never misses for Brisbane. Hogan was in and out of the freo side, could never get his body right. He is the 1st one picked at GWS.
Lambert was told he top slow and too small to play midfield at Carlton. 3 time superstar with us.
Clubs shouldn't get put off recruiting a bloke that has injuries or off field issues. A change of faces at times fixes it.

The question needs to be asked, we are the kings of the rookie/pre/after season draft.
How the hell did a shiit club find Tracey??

Reactions: 1 users
Round 15 Dons were 4th on ladder Pies were 3rd, they were talking Dons/Pies GF when the reality is they might be fighting each other for 13th.

And for the Blues, they'll make the 8 but if they drop next week's game v pies in Pendles 400th they will drop to about 7th on the ladder

Reactions: 3 users
And for the Blues, they'll make the 8 but if they drop next week's game v pies in Pendles 400th they will drop to about 7th on the ladder
Let's hope so Hirsute you massive Kodiak Bear.

Like everyone this year, they're ordinary.

Reactions: 1 user
Round 15 Dons were 4th on ladder Pies were 3rd, they were talking Dons/Pies GF when the reality is they might be fighting each other for 13th.
Earlier in the season their cheerleaders were trying to compare them to us in 2017. Who’s their Riewoldt, Rance, Cotchin, Edwards, Dusty?

Reactions: 5 users
Similarities.
West Coast gave away 3 1st rounders to Geelong for Kelly and they have gone backwards ever since.

We traded away 3 1st rounders for Tarranto ^ Hopper and sky dived to the foot of the ladder.

Collingwood traded away what's looking like a top 10 pick and a 2nd rounder for Shultz.
And they too look like they will be joining us

Is it a poison chalice to force to keep success going??

Earlier in the season their cheerleaders were trying to compare them to us in 2017. Who’s their Riewoldt, Rance, Cotchin, Edwards, Dusty?
Langford, Ridley, Merrett, ummm, Sheil? Ummm. Ummm. Gotta be Stringer lolz. Am I doing this right?

Reactions: 1 users
Similarities.
West Coast gave away 3 1st rounders to Geelong for Kelly and they have gone backwards ever since.

We traded away 3 1st rounders for Tarranto ^ Hopper and sky dived to the foot of the ladder.

Collingwood traded away what's looking like a top 10 pick and a 2nd rounder for Shultz.
And they too look like they will be joining us

Is it a poison chalice to force to keep success going??
Agree. Paying overs for the
Silver bullet doesn’t work.
As Wille Nelson once said:
You got to Know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em, know when to walk away, know when to run

To be fair, I reckon 95% of the Essendon hype was coming from the media.

And they're also the same lot who'll spend the week tearing them down, while completely oblivious to the fact that they did most of the pumping up in the first place.

Reactions: 8 users
GWS got him for a bargain from memory as nobody wanted him.
Hogan had a health setback and was also having mental health issues if you recall.
The Giants were perfect for him because of the lack of day to day external pressure that he had problems dealing with.
Not sure he would have thrived if he had come back to Victoria.

Reactions: 2 users
To be fair, I reckon 95% of the Essendon hype was coming from the media.

And they're also the same lot who'll spend the week tearing them down, while completely oblivious to the fact that they did most of the pumping up in the first place.
It's the same about Geelong too.
Everyone knows they haven't got a midfield including a ruckman to take them all the way.
They lose, they haven't got a midfield
They win against bottom 4 quality (easiest last 4 games again) they CAN win the flag.

Carlton has holes all over the ground, but Voss has 1 mode. Cripps Walsh Curnow.
If that dosent work, who and what can he do? Kennedy slow, Cerra softer then Meadow lea, Hewitt??

This was always going to happen with Essendon. The 8-4 start to the season and then shiit the bed after the bye and come home with a 2-10 or 3-9 finish.
They need a massive clean out. Why did they beg Redman to stay???
The ruckman is at best average.
How long did they think Langford was going to be leading the Coleman for?
Stringer, the 5min man.
Peter Wright was traded for a round 5 pick because he isn't good.
Durham and Caldwell isn't winning you a final let alone a GF

Hogan had a health setback and was also having mental health issues if you recall.
The Giants were perfect for him because of the lack of day to day external pressure that he had problems dealing with.
Not sure he would have thrived if he had come back to Victoria.
I recall he had illness in his family too to deal with.
I always liked him. And remember I was against us picking up Harley Bennell but not Hogan when I heard we were interested

It's the same about Geelong too.
Everyone knows they haven't got a midfield including a ruckman to take them all the way.
They lose, they haven't got a midfield
They win against bottom 4 quality (easiest last 4 games again) they CAN win the flag.

Carlton has holes all over the ground, but Voss has 1 mode. Cripps Walsh Curnow.
If that dosent work, who and what can he do? Kennedy slow, Cerra softer then Meadow lea, Hewitt??

This was always going to happen with Essendon. The 8-4 start to the season and then shiit the bed after the bye and come home with a 2-10 or 3-9 finish.
They need a massive clean out. Why did they beg Redman to stay???
The ruckman is at best average.
How long did they think Langford was going to be leading the Coleman for?
Stringer, the 5min man.
Peter Wright was traded for a round 5 pick because he isn't good.
Durham and Caldwell isn't winning you a final let alone a GF
Agreed. Looking at their list I always thought they were average at best. Over achieved early once again…

I recall he had illness in his family too to deal with.
I always liked him. And remember I was against us picking up Harley Bennell but not Hogan when I heard we were interested
I think Jesse had cancer himself or a major cancer scare at the same time as his Dad passed away from Cancer. Something like that.

He went through a lot and from a purely human perspective it is great to see him doing well.

Reactions: 6 users