Round 18: the 3 putt triple bogey games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 18: the 3 putt triple bogey games.

What should we call dogs v blues games?

The Liam "Cooker" Jones cup?
The Umpires Favourite Cup?
The Ben Harrison Cup?

Reactions: 1 user
You look at the Dogs when they are switched on and you think geez they look good. Then the stupid decision making and fumbles and sprayed goalkicking sets in.

The impact that a single game has on your current percentage gets significantly smaller as the season goes on.
I know but I though 90 points was enough to drop further down. Maybe their % was bigger than I first thought.

That is the template for us.
So far we are following it.
1. Win some premierships
2. Drop out of finals
3. Top up on ready made players
4. No improvment
5. Coach gone
6. New coach
7. Use draft to rebuild.

Reactions: 3 users
So far we are following it.
1. Win some premierships
2. Drop out of finals
3. Top up on ready made players
4. No improvment
5. Coach gone
6. New coach
7. Use draft to rebuild.
Step 7 already we laughing.

Geez Chol is lucky his team mates are playing so well early in this last quarter and covering his softness. Ball has gone in 4 times and each time he has been abjectly uncompetitive.
I had to miss Q4 but from what I saw, he was quite competitive earlier. Think he still runs out of puff, not a great tank, but he remains a handy 2nd ruck because can definitely score when forward. Still a beautiful kick for such a big man and can take a flying contested mark. He looks heavier and stronger now.
I was always a fan and wished we could have kept him; getting distracted by 2 talls getting enticed out of the club at the same time - with CCJ - clouded our decision-making IMO.

Just think how useful Cholly would have been for all the games Tom has missed - most of the last 2 seasons. He's an all-round better forward/ruck than Kosi or anyone else we have had since.

I had to miss Q4 but from what I saw, he was quite competitive earlier. Think he still runs out of puff, not a great tank, but he remains a handy 2nd ruck because can definitely score when forward. Still a beautiful kick for such a big man and can take a flying contested mark. He looks heavier and stronger now.
I was always a fan and wished we could have kept him; getting distracted by 2 talls getting enticed out of the club at the same time - with CCJ - clouded our decision-making IMO.

Just think how useful Cholly would have been for all the games Tom has missed - most of the last 2 seasons. He's an all-round better forward/ruck than Kosi or anyone else we have had since.
I don’t rate him Leon. Too soft for a key forward. Although admittedly today I only saw the last quarter and he was terrible. Can’t comment on first three.

But agree he is certainly better than CCJ (what a terrible selection) and Kosi. It’s a low bar though.

I thought the same of Freo. They ended up losing by 13pts despite 24 scores to 22! Kicked like asses.
Hawks was more field kicking. There was a patch there in the last quarter they missed 3-4 easy targets in a row and eat Freo back in it. But they were good enough to steady and get the job done. Newcombe was a huge part of that. Very good player.

That was just about the half of the year. Lightning ball movement, hard and tough, some big marks and good goals.

Hawks was more field kicking. There was a patch there in the last quarter they missed 3-4 easy targets in a row and eat Freo back in it. But they were good enough to steady and get the job done. Newcombe was a huge part of that. Very good player.
Whereas with Freo it was their goal-kicking especially e.g. Amiss is now aptly named although last year he 'couldn't miss.' Of course, kicked goals against us from memory this year. Seriously, Freo are not like tough dockers at all. Should have called themselves the AFL Sharks - in their own bay yes, but 'flakes' in Melbourne; much like GCS.

Yes, Newcombe is a gun. I reckon once they saw him developing in their VFL side they lost any interest in drafting Sonsie even though he played a good game for their VFL side. I think they went to some lengths, pulled something dodgy to ensure they got Newcombe in MSD.

Rhylee West have dwarfism?
His limbs look like they don't match his body.