Round 17 - the other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 17 - the other games

Not much to get excited about for the rest of this round:

North v Freo.
Port v Essendon
Giants v Melbourne
Carlton v Adelaide
Hawthorn v Bulldogs
Sydney v Brisbane
Collingwood v GCS

Maybe hopefully seeing GCS beat Collingwood.

The Goldens getting up over the Maggots would make my weekend (as if beating up the pussy cats already hasnt), but there would be something majestic with them going down to the Goldens.

Sydney are not without a punchers chance against the Bears either at Cazaly.

Reactions: 1 users
North players will be queuing up early for this season's exit interviews....
Dare I say it, they'll be banging the door down!

Ha ha ha ha.

When you base your whole view of football around stats I can understand why you don’t rate Nic Nat. Although he is a centre clearance beast, maybe the most important centre square player in football.

Why the laughing? Is that necessary? I think he's had a poor year, my opinion. As for basing my whole view around stats that's incorrect but there are important stats I like to use to backup my view. I personally think watching a game and reviewing SOME stats gives you a better overall synopsis. Nic Nat, as a key ruckman a good representation of marks and contested marks is a key indicator. 0.6 marks this year compared to 1.4/1.7/2.3 in previous 4 years, getting lower and lower every year. Contested marks 0.5/0.4 in last 2 years compared to 1.1/1.6 the previous 2 years. As for most important center square player in football NOW that's just getting plain silly imo. Most of his stats are on the way down. Below are stats comparing life stats of Nanks versus Natanui. There's really NOT that much difference between the two. Some areas Nanks is clearly superior.

1599894132655.png

Finally as for not rating Natanui, I never said that. I think he's been overall a reasonable player over his career particularly considering the injuries he's had. What I did say is I can't believe how few MARKS he's taken this year for a ruckman and that due to his age 30yo his time is near.

There you go a free against Townsend for in the back. Guess you have to be Hawkins or playing against Tigers to get away with it.

Bombers causing port some problems with their pressure,

They don’t like it up em

You would expect the Doomendrugs not to be able to hang on here, but the top 4 just got a smudge more interesting after that Q.

Bombers have actually come home well their last few games. If they can be with them at half time anything is possible.

While I’m happy to see Essendon give them problems , We probably want port to win though don’t we ? To be 100 percent sure we don’t go to Adelaide

Reactions: 3 users
While I’m happy to see Essendon give them problems , We probably want port to win though don’t we ? To be 100 percent sure we don’t go to Adelaide

Thats true but the Maggots will probably tip em over at the Gabba in the last week just like the Tin arses that they are.

Listening to fox footy the flag is already going to port. Lyon is so excited.

Reactions: 1 user
Did I just hear Garry Lyon laughing when Jake Stringer jumper scragged/punched Chase Jones to the ground and then gave him some further face massaging when was on the ground? now if that was Lynch there would be hell to pay.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Going to Watch Melb vs GWS game just for laughs to see which team implodes.

Last edited: