Round 17 - the other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 17 - the other games

Baker has taken 55 marks
Short has taken 89 marks 7 contested

I've sent those types of numbers through to Robbo and a few others.
But its a stat the media won't bring up.
I reckon if Grundy didn't take a mark in a single game, it would be back page news.
Obrein from the worse team in the comp has taken 55 marks 29 contested in 15 games

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
West Coast's salary cap must be bursting at the seams.

Nic Nat, Shuey, Kelly, Darling, McGovern, Kennedy, Ryan, Hurn, Yeo, Gaff, even Sheed to a lesser extent. Would not come cheap.

Reactions: 2 users
The Collingwood draw is the killer we were never in the other 2 games.

Jack couldnt kick 30 m FFS even poorly to at least get 1 point ..............................then the GWS game where all we did was kick F#@#$@^@ points.

They were the body blows those 2.

Agree I only ever talk about 2 games we should've won. The last 4 shots on goal V the pies, yielded us 3 points and one miss. 30-35 meters out and jack cant make the distance but you know what also pissed me off. Soldo and Lynch were not on the goal line to shepherd it through. All they needed to do was push back on the pies defender think it was roughhead and it goes through for a goal or it gets touched through and we win.

GWS we kicked 6 goals and 14 behinds and we also had 14 more inside '50s. Let's not forget also that we had 6 players out but even so we were in a position to win, definitely let that game slip.

Anyway, we must win 2moro and 3rd spot is ours.

Reactions: 1 users

Jack couldnt kick 30 m FFS even poorly to at least get 1 point ..............................then the GWS game where all we did was kick F#@#$@^@ points.

That GWS game still triggers me bad.

Reactions: 2 users

Yeah if we lose tonight it will be the Scumwood and Giants games that will cost us. Absolutely should have won both games; dominated but threw them away.

As *smile* as Hawthorn are we were never in that game. Can't ever recall seeing a group of Richmond players less interested in playing footy than what I saw in that game; certainly not in the past 4 seasons. We were a bit better in the Saints game but still never really in it.

We really should be sitting on top of the ladder right now; or at least equal top. But if we win tonight we should wrap up the double chance. If we lose no hope of double chance. If we hit our straps we can win the flag from outside the top 4 but there is always a chance of an off night in an elimination final and it's goodnight Irene. The scars of 2013-2015 still linger. But it's a much different team now.

Anyway St.Kilda are *smile*. Reckon they're cooked. Played all their good footy in the first half of the season. They had every opportunity to beat a depleted Eagles side last night, away from Perth, but couldn't get it done. Choked it up big time. Max King missed a very gettable set shot in the last quarter and a gettable snap soon after. Then it goes down the other end and Kennedy splits the middle post high from 50m; there's the difference. Billings could hardly hit his boot when attempting to kick; very ordinary footballer. Butler was unsighted and has disappeared the last few weeks. They let Tim Kelly waltz around the midfield on his own all night and Liam Ryan made their backmen look like bush reserves players. Nick Coffield under little pressure kicked the ball into Brander who wasn't even trying to smother it.

They are ordinary St.Kilda. They may fall into the finals but that's about it. They deserve to miss out really.

Reactions: 6 users
a bit more composure from the Aints in the first part of the final Q would've helped. 3 close 'snaps' that were behinds. Kings miss. then comes the Umps assists for WC. what can you do ? i agree with Ridley above. St Kilda aren't much at all, they've gone down the toilet.

Oh yeah I forgot. Brad Hill. Two first rounders! OMG. He was nothing short of pathetic last night.

The Saints deserve everything they get if they are going to do deals like that.

Not much to get excited about for the rest of this round:

North v Freo.
Port v Essendon
Giants v Melbourne
Carlton v Adelaide
Hawthorn v Bulldogs
Sydney v Brisbane
Collingwood v GCS

Maybe hopefully seeing GCS beat Collingwood.

I know this is ridiculous, but anyone giving Essendrugs a chance against port?

Is it just me, or does Fyfe put a spell on the umps... watched him blatantly drop the ball twice this Qrtr.... play on!

I know this is ridiculous, but anyone giving Essendrugs a chance against port?

Best let Port win their last 2, so we can line up the Bears.

That said gotta get over the Crows banana peel game next week.