Round 17 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 17 - other games

CarnTheTiges said:
They're getting less brave by the week. What are the odds on Buckley keeping his job if they miss the 8 this year and again next?

Were odds on to miss this year. Got a very good group of young players however. Will be under pressure if they miss next year.

WesternTiger said:
Were odds on to miss this year. Got a very good group of young players however. Will be under pressure if they miss next year.
Yeah, I can't see the Pies dealing too well with 3 consecutive misses, especially as Bucks was sold to them as a Premiership coach.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Melbourne's such a dysfunctional team, so hard to watch.

Simon Goodwin should be threatening Adelaide for the coaching role......get me outta here!!! ;D

Dogs may have done us a big favour today.......long long way to go but would be intresting team too play in the first week of finals

TigerForce said:
Simon Goodwin should be threatening Adelaide for the coaching role......get me outta here!!! ;D

Melbourne started to get things together a little bit before half time. This is a game they have every right to win.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Never been a Jack Watts basher but he's damaged beyond repair. Doomed. Just far too casual for his or Melbourne's good.

The whole club is. So inept no matter who the coach is. Makes me wonder what Swooper did to make them good again in the late 80s.

TigerForce said:
The whole club is. So inept no matter who the coach is. Makes me wonder what Swooper did to make them good again in the late 80s.

Jones does his best but the senior players just seem incapable of lifting above mediocrity other than for a week here and a week there. I think they have some really good talent, but it needs to develop and push the older paycheque blokes out. Cross is in self-preservation mode today, can see why the Dogs called time on him.

Viney's a terrific kid, does everything possible for his team. Need more kids with his attitude.

#43's been terrible though, makes Nathan Gordon look like Deledio.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Jones does his best but the senior players just seem incapable of lifting above mediocrity other than for a week here and a week there. I think they have some really good talent, but it needs to develop and push those "senior" blokes out. Cross is in self-preservation mode today, can see why the Dogs called time on him.

Viney's a terrific kid, does everything possible for his team. Need more kids with his attitude.

Poosy won't develop anything else but his finance. Relying on Garlett too much to kick goals. They look scared of the rain with bruise-free football letting the Saints do as they like.

WC five straight to 5 points. Sydney might be in for another flogging. Top four still there if we are good enough.

As much as last night's loss was bad, how the *smile* did we lose to this rabble? Let's hope we don't play them early in the season again.

mexican_radio said:
WCE have gone berserk
nothing to cheer about their feral supporters are even worse than Collingwood. Wont talk about carlton supporters they must all be still in Bali airing for a plane out given the attendance Friday night

Many will disagree but IMHO Roos is proving him to be the most overrated coach there's been, no doubt he out smarted our great game early with his ultra defensive basketball/soccer style and of course there's more to it then that, however his style has been the reason our game has become the way it is, take away the gun list and his just another country league soccer coach....take your millions and head off to Spain Roosy.

Good on ya Richo, good bloke good for footy

CC TIGER said:
Many will disagree but IMHO Roos is proving him to be the most overrated coach there's been, no doubt he out smarted our great game early with his ultra defensive basketball/soccer style and of course there's more to it then that, however his style has been the reason our game has become the way it is, take away the gun list and his just another country league soccer coach....take your millions and head off to Spain Roosy.

Got my vote CC. Anyone else been at the helm of Melbourne for the past couple of years would be getting crucified by the media by now.

CC TIGER said:

Totally agree CC. Richo deserves success and will be a great coach. Saints coming on slowly but surely. All kudos to St Nicholas for sticking with the club and helping them build.

Poor old Collingwood's been unlucky to come up against so many good sides in a row, according to Jonathan Brown. I can accept two or three or maybe even four, but when Collingwood plays Melbourne next week it'll be 48 days since they won a game. Common sense says they're just not that good.