Round 17 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 17 - other games

craig said:
Age has a bit to do with it.

As Dermie said on SEN it only takes 2 or 3 blokes to not be able to do what they used to and it opens a side right up these days.

Was the youngest Sydney side since 2012-13. Problem is, they won those four games.

No side can stay up forever. Sydney has a little bit coming through, but not enough.

With COLA removed, they may not be able to plug the holes. Here's hoping anyway.

That's the part that really hurts. The what ifs.

We should have/could have won that game by 4-5 goals and as results show us, be sitting 4th with so much belief and confidence.

Now I'm hoping we can stay in the 8 as the next 6 games there are quite a few50/50 games and a couple winnable games.

I just hope a loss as this doesn't undo all the work and progress we have made.

We can't go out Friday night to contain the Hawks. We have beaten them 2/3 times we have played them. We have to play to our strengths. We have to have our kicking boots on and take as many chances as we can. We have to play a tough, contested footy. Our back 6 has to play to their best together with support from our midfield and rucks. Hope Hampson comes up. He was giving us great use against Sandilands and his HO were good also.

West Coast are looking good though. Doing what they have to. They play the Hawks I think after us so that will tell all. Considering their injuries they have surprised me.

How we lost to Melb I'm still baffled. Has to mental as it was for years against the Blues upto 2013. Roos, I don't rate him. Just shows he took the $ millions , mainly funded by the AFL and has taken them for a ride.

Dogs are playing good footy and have done really well to be where they are considering what occurred off season. Their tests will come.

craig said:
Age has a bit to do with it.

As Dermie said on SEN it only takes 2 or 3 blokes to not be able to do what they used to and it opens a side right up these days.

Goodes, Grundy, Richards. Shaw are just a few whove dropped off this year.

Not to mention Tippett has been a non performer they have no rucks outside of a hard working Canadian competitor and no small forwards.

Lot of one paced players also.

What Dermies said made a lot of sense to me.

Swans could finally have run their race and by tieing up soo much $$$ on Tippett and Franklin and less draft ability the Swannies future all of a sudden is not looking real flash.

Kieren Jacks been off this year and they really miss McGlynn as well, same as freo miss Ballantyne when he doesn't play.

Looking at their team though and they run in, there is no reason why we still can't finish in 4th. Reckon Adelaide will also be eying up 4th spot at the moment.

mrposhman said:
Kieren Jacks been off this year and they really miss McGlynn as well, same as freo miss Ballantyne when he doesn't play.

Looking at their team though and they run in, there is no reason why we still can't finish in 4th. Reckon Adelaide will also be eying up 4th spot at the moment.

No chance of 4th. Just look at the draws of teams like Bulldogs and GWS. Bulldogs will most likely be above us after the next game. Weirdly now that we lost against Fremantle to knock of some teams who are just under us on the ladder,

tigerlove said:
No chance of 4th. Just look at the draws of teams like Bulldogs and GWS. Bulldogs will most likely be above us after the next game. Weirdly now that we lost against Fremantle to knock of some teams who are just under us on the ladder,

Bulldogs and North maybe, but 3 of GWS's games are against Freo, Port and the Swans. Geelong similar with a run in including the Swans, Hawks, Pies and Adelaide. Even Adelaide play the swans, us, WCE and Geelong.

Even looking at North whilst they pretty much have 3 gimmes over the next 3 weeks they finish playing Freo, Bulldogs and ourselves.

Our run is no harder than most of the others. We play half our games against teams outside of the 8.

lots of twists and turns yet I reckon.
No game is a certainty, hell I wouldn't be surprised if the bombers beat the doggies next week..

I watched a bit of the Melbourne V St Kilda game yesterday. My God Melbourne are horrible, about the only guy they've got who looks like an AFL player most of the time is Nathan Jones, the rest don't seem to have any clue whatsoever. Even when something does come off it seems to surprise them.

Re: Re: Round 17 - other games

CarnTheTiges said:
I watched a bit of the Melbourne V St Kilda game yesterday. My God Melbourne are horrible, about the only guy they've got who looks like an AFL player most of the time is Nathan Jones, the rest don't seem to have any clue whatsoever. Even when something does come off it seems to surprise them.

It was an ordinary game, bad weather or not.

tigertim said:
It was an ordinary game, bad weather or not.
Yet they seemed to play okay against us in the rain earlier in the season. They're so far off it that it's hard to believe.

Harry said:
roos still blaming the players?

Indirectly, yes. Still doesn't admit any coaching/game plan errors he makes when their whole supporter base can see it.

So many callers on SEN this morning stating this. Also spins on AFL360 too easily.

TigerForce said:
Indirectly, yes. Still doesn't admit any coaching/game plan errors he makes when their whole supporter base can see it.

So many callers on SEN this morning stating this. Also spins on AFL360 too easily.

Roos' rep was built on the unique circumstances that he enjoyed at Sydney-all one million of them. He is a better trade week negotiator than he is a coach.

TigerForce said:

Bit harder when you pick up a team that is at ground zero rather than one that someone else built for you, eh?

CarnTheTiges said:
Bit harder when you pick up a team that is at ground zero rather than one that someone else built for you, eh?

Yep. Poor old Rocket Eade deserved some credit for the Swans success.

CarnTheTiges said:

Wouldn't mind Gawn and Hogan personally. That Watts is the biggest pea heart in the AFL though.

mrposhman said:
Bulldogs and North maybe, but 3 of GWS's games are against Freo, Port and the Swans. Geelong similar with a run in including the Swans, Hawks, Pies and Adelaide. Even Adelaide play the swans, us, WCE and Geelong.

Even looking at North whilst they pretty much have 3 gimmes over the next 3 weeks they finish playing Freo, Bulldogs and ourselves.

Our run is no harder than most of the others. We play half our games against teams outside of the 8.

Richmond play 3rd, 7th, 8th, 11th, 14th, 17th
Bulldogs 2nd, 8th, 12th,14th, 15th, 18th
North 1st, 5th, 6th, 13th, 15th, 16th
GWS 1st, 4th, 12th, 14th, 15th 16th
Adelaide 2nd, 4th, 5th, 10th, 14th, 18th
Geelong 3rd, 4th, 7th, 11th, 13th, 18th
Collingwood 4th, 5th, 10th, 15th, 16th
Swans 7th, 9th, 10th 11th, 13th, 17th

As I mentioned, Swans are the key for us. They play 4 of the other teams vying for Top 8 spots Adelaide, GWS, Geelong, Collingwood. A couple of wins will help us immensely. Bulldogs look primed for the 4th spot. They will potentially drop the West Coast game but then the only other game you'd expect might pose an issue would be North. If they beat North, then I can't see the Tigers getting above them.

North are the ones that worry me. They always seem to have the wood on us and I don't believe we've beaten them since April 2011. Gonna be a tight run home. A Freo win and a better finish against the Saints would have made it alot less stressful.

TigerForce said:
Just on Saturday, 1 day before yesterday's game, there was an article with him asking why he still gets criticised.

I watched a bit of a reply and although he got plenty of the ball I couldn't believe how often he just skirted the packs and often just watched near the ball and walked around as the ball was whisked away. 3 contested possessions from 25 disposals and 6 clangers. Shocking player.