Round 17 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 17 - other games

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Poor old Collingwood's been unlucky to come up against so many good sides in a row, according to Jonathan Brown. I can accept two or three or maybe even four, but when Collingwood plays Melbourne next week it'll be 48 days since they won a game. Common sense says they're just not that good.

I think your right - I thought they would win against the doggies but they have picked up Essendon's disease - March / April favourites then fall away. All spin without the substance - I think the industry want them to win rather than looking at their lists objectively.

Swans getting belted. Spot in top four up for grabs.

Unfortunately we botched it.

Feels like 2013 when Carlton overcame a five goal deficit pre finals.

What a wasted opportunity.

Sydney are looking incapable of holding on to their top 4 spot. Tigers, Doggies, Crows and Kangas all have a serious opportunity here. Even the Cats and Giants have an outside chance.

There is going to be a lot of interest in the rest of this season. It is going to take 5 wins from 6 games to do it.

Leysy's with you Stripes.

Win that and we were a genuine chance to get to the big dance.

And me.

It was a great opportunity yesterday. Still, the Hawks were always/will surely belt us anyway. We can't afford a slip up now and must win the last five games.

A real shame though. Still, every team goes through this at some stage. It is often the making of a club.

TOT70 said:
And me.

It was a great opportunity yesterday. Still, the Hawks were always/will surely belt us anyway. We can't afford a slip up now and must win the last five games.

A real shame though. Still, every team goes through this at some stage. It is often the making of a club.

We've already had our share. The Suns debacle of 2012, the elimination finals of 2013 and 2014.

Hoping yesterday doesn't break our season

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Poor old Collingwood's been unlucky to come up against so many good sides in a row, according to Jonathan Brown. I can accept two or three or maybe even four, but when Collingwood plays Melbourne next week it'll be 48 days since they won a game. Common sense says they're just not that good.

They are every chance to win their next two.

If we lose ours they are ahead of us.

toby64 said:
They are every chance to win their next two.

If we lose ours they are ahead of us.

Sure. I'm talking about being excused for losing game after game, however good the effort. Did you hear these excuses being rolled out for a younger Richmond team in 2012? No, we got *smile* like "Richmond need to go down before they can come up again". Think the wrath of McGuire intimidates a few into not printing their opinions re Collingwood.

Pies have gone from 8-3 to 8-8. Even Essendon would've had the media coming for them.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Sure. I'm talking about being excused for losing game after game, however good the effort. Did you hear these excuses being rolled out for a younger Richmond team in 2012? No, we got sh!t like "Richmond need to go down before they can come up again". Think the wrath of McGuire intimidates a few into not printing their opinions re Collingwood.

Pies have gone from 8-3 to 8-8. Even Essendon would've had the media coming for them.

Yeah fair call

stripes17 said:
I don't know about any of you guys but I'm still smarting from that loss. Have to let it go I know.

Same here. I've been in a really shitty mood all day today. :mad:

Reckon I'll be over it by Thursday............maybe!!

JR8 said:
Same here. I've been in a really sh!tty mood all day today. :mad:

Yep. The "what iff's" keep going through my mind.

Silly really given nothing I could have done about the result

JR8 said:
Same here. I've been in a really sh!tty mood all day today. :mad:

Don't work out the hypothetical ladder position for an 18.10 game

TOT70 said:
And me.

After 8 wins in a row with the last 3 being thrashings, it can build complacency and they're due for a loss. We can do it.

Let's play mind games and get Beano in.

mexican_radio said:
serious question, what has gone wrong for the swans?

Age has a bit to do with it.

As Dermie said on SEN it only takes 2 or 3 blokes to not be able to do what they used to and it opens a side right up these days.

Goodes, Grundy, Richards. Shaw are just a few whove dropped off this year.

Not to mention Tippett has been a non performer they have no rucks outside of a hard working Canadian competitor and no small forwards.

Lot of one paced players also.

What Dermies said made a lot of sense to me.

Swans could finally have run their race and by tieing up soo much $$$ on Tippett and Franklin and less draft ability the Swannies future all of a sudden is not looking real flash.