Round 16 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 16 - other games

tigersnake said:
yeah a 90 point shellacking is good. Hopefully the wheels have fallen off for sydney and they go into freefall. I'd love that.

Agree. Nice thrashing at the old paddock tonight.

Bad luck Sydney.

West Coast in Perth next week as well.

Great opportunity for us if the cards fall our way!

Tigers are 122%
Swans are 118.3%

We are 74 points overall behind them

So if we beat the saints by 5 goals
And then we beat Freo by 4 goals
And they lose to WCE by 4 goals

We should over take them.

Of course we play Hawks and swans play adelaide the week after

tigerman said:
Another honourable loss to the Pies, that's 4 in a row now :hihi
They will become the media's "next big thing" (like north have been / were) as result of being brave and just missing finals.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Tigers are 122%
Swans are 118.3%

We are 74 points overall behind them

So if we beat the saints by 5 goals
And then we beat Freo by 4 goals
And they lose to WCE by 4 goals

We should over take them.

Of course we play Hawks and swans play adelaide the week after

swans are now the vulnerable ones on top 4. Maybe only 2 gimmes in the run home.
The Two WA teams are too far ahead to drop,from top 4 even if they falter.
So a week at a time and top 4 is there if we keep up our end of bargain.

JR8 said:
Lets just beat the Saints tomorrow smasha!!

Yep critical that we dont drop Saints game. If Adelaide win there are 6 teams within 6 points of each other fighting for 5th to 10th. I'm not even thinking of 4th right now.

Edit: Actually make that 7 teams, forgot Geelong have half a win too. Theirs and Adelaide's percentages are not a factor as far as Tigers are concerned.

As it stands at the moment it is going to be difficult to make the top 4. Would not expect on current form of both teams, to beat the Hawks. Our only hope would be for the Swannies to fall off the perch.

22nd Man said:
They will become the media's "next big thing" (like north have been / were) as result of being brave and just missing finals.
Pies are like us. They sell papers and get ratings, and even moreso when they lose because everyone loves to see it happen. I didn't understand the buzz about them early, and I still don't. They're not a very good side and while their coach has learned in his time there, he's unlikely to ever improve enough to take them all the way.

Ten minutes before the game I changed all my tips to Melb after tipping the Lions in an upset - so far so good.

This is like the old Fitzroy v Melbourne games at the Junction Oval or the G in the early 80s with only 10,000 people and seagulls around.

Last night's Roma v Real Madrid fizzer was better than this...

Watched the first qtr of Rabblebourne V Brisvegas. Channel surfed for a bit n caught the last fifteen minutes of Dogs v Cats, VFL game. No prizes for guessing which was the more entertaining game, even though the result was already decided.

TigerMasochist said:
Watched the first qtr of Rabblebourne V Brisvegas. Channel surfed for a bit n caught the last fifteen minutes of Dogs v Cats, VFL game. No prizes for guessing which was the more entertaining game, even though the result was already decided.

I really think Leppa won't last much longer as coach. They're worse than when under Voss.

TigerForce said:
I really think Leppa won't last much longer as coach. They're worse than when under Voss.
Not a coach anywhere can do anything with their list. Chest deep in massive debt n a crap list, their in big strife n the AFL is gunna have to provide massive life support.