Round 16 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 16 - other games

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
Must be something more behind the scenes at that club for them to stink that bad I think.

Possibly so. Gold Coast ain't too far away, but I just think Leppa is failing to prove he's a successful coach, as many others have after 3 years.

Next season's his last on contract and important for him. Huge pressure.

TigerForce said:
Possibly so. Gold Coast ain't too far away, but I just think Leppa is failing to prove he's a successful coach, as many others have after 3 years.

Next season's he's last on contract and important for him. Huge pressure.

To be fair he hasn't got much to work with. Desperate for a forward line.

Love it how Rabblebourne get away with so many obvious frees. Must be a Paul Roos special paid to the dumpires... ;D

I was waiting to see Garlett and Robbo have a quick chat like old mates. Both realising they've gone from one sheissen team to another...

TigerForce said:
I really think Leppa won't last much longer as coach. They're worse than when under Voss.
Unfortuately Leppa is reaping the rewards of what Voss did to the club. He'll probably get given the flick, but he had a hell of a mess to clean up.

CarnTheTiges said:
Unfortuately Leppa is reaping the rewards of what Voss did to the club. He'll probably get given the flick, but he had a hell of a mess to clean up.

Gotta agree with you there. All the kids wanting to go home, the board being as disfunctional as the Bonger's, and the result was a great big hole for Leppa to fill.

CarnTheTiges said:

Voss wasn't the best of coaches, but he had an average team. This one looks well below average since Leppa took over. Their disposals and efforts are atrocious, even with new players Beams, Robbo and Christensen playing from this season.

Great close game in the SA Showdown. Would be great if Crows could snatch the win been 9 points up in the last 2 minutes.

Brucey's all pumped up!!

Brisbane's generally had very young sides this year, only been older than the opposition in two games. Today was one of the two so a disappointing result. With weak teams, you might get a different result if the game was played again next week.

Unfair to judge Leppitsch on 2015, but improvement will be expected next year.

TigerForce said:
Voss wasn't the best of coaches, but he had an average team. This one looks well below average since Leppa took over. Their disposals and efforts are atrocious, even with new players Beams, Robbo and Christensen playing from this season.

Given this is Voss's first year at Port Adelaide and he his their midfield coach - look at what he has done with that super fast midfield - surely he can't coach because they have gone backwards by some margin

year of the tiger said:
Given this is Voss's first year at Port Adelaide and he his their midfield coach - look at what he has done with that super fast midfield - surely he can't coach because they have gone backwards by some margin
And he inherited the remnants of the Lions great side from Leigh Matthews, did okay for a year, then brought Fev to the team and it all went downhill from there. It does seem rather coincidental that the wheels fall off Port's midfield the same year Voss arrives as their coach, too.