Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

People can say what they like about thus bloke but twice this season he has stood up when the chips are down. Won the game against Carlton for us by lifting that last quarter and was clutch tonight when it counted too. One of our better players tonight and I appreciated his game.

Gave away two goals with dumb decisions deep in the back line. Apart from that he was good.

On what planet does everyone think Petterd was up to AFL standard tonight. He gave away two goals to a team that will win the wooden spoon and his kicking is almost below VFL standard. We are just plodding with him in the team and why he is continually picked over Batchelor/Darrou is beyond me.

I reckon he adds more forward than down back. He was loose man in defence for a lot of the game. He panics under pressure letting balls go loose or simply missing targets.

I gave him a vote. His gimpy kicking style, sometimes makes me think he is worse than he actually is. A solid footballer. Ahead of Grigg, Newman, Edwards etc imo. A versatile player.

St Kevin said:
I gave him a vote. His gimpy kicking style, sometimes makes me think he is worse than he actually is. A solid footballer. Ahead of Grigg, Newman, Edwards etc imo. A versatile player.
He made a couple of bad blues, but overall earned his spot and he was determined to keep moving the ball forward which is always a plus.

Far from the worst on the list.....has a couple of A grade qualitys, couple of c- liabilities , is one of the few players who can play either end...IMHO he is one of the better team players we have

Petterd is my benchmark player, a versatile and consistent trier. If our players can't get above the Petterd line and force him out of our best, let alone out of the 22, then we sure as hell aren't going to the finals. Petterd would be in front of at least 10 or 12 at the moment (based on contribution not tactical requirement).

The reality is that Petterd deserved to be rushed back in by Hardwick.

CC TIGER said:
Far from the worst on the list.....has a couple of A grade qualitys, couple of c- liabilities , is one of the few players who can play either end...IMHO he is one of the better team players we have

Hang on, he's a "moneyball" player, they're causing all our issues! ;)

Like the bloke but if we're playing Ricky that is then a true indicative at where we are at
Shame shame shame Damian our list has come down to this

st.francis said:
Like the bloke but if we're playing Ricky that is then a true indicative at where we are at
Shame shame shame Damian our list has come down to this

Geeze you carry on a lot. Is there a player on our list you rate?

Good game by Ricky. Made some mistakes but all round servicable performance

I try to be realistic no emotional on a performance against sunshine coasts seconds
Ricky still made errors at this level
that's my point not good enough for afl standard but on our list with Thomas houli Griggs Chaplin and we still continue to play Newman and Edwards
We will lose to Melbourne with this lot representing us
Mark my words

nikolasmia said:
Keeps getting critisised but keeps being in our top 3 players.

I am a fan

Yeah it's tough to understand how he keeps getting games isn't it?

Would be ahead of Grigg, Shed, Newy, TV, Chappy etc. And probably a few kids too (but I am happy to play them)

st.francis said:
I try to be realistic no emotional on a performance against sunshine coasts seconds
Ricky still made errors at this level
that's my point not good enough for afl standard but on our list with Thomas houli Griggs Chaplin and we still continue to play Newman and Edwards
We will lose to Melbourne with this lot representing us
Mark my words

As someone asked above, who do you like at Richmond? Yet to see a positive comment from you. Lets try one.

And your words will be marked once they have some credibility.

tbartiger said:
As someone asked above, who do you like at Richmond? Yet to see a positive comment from you. Lets try one.

And your words will be marked once they have some credibility.
Go on the Astbury and Griffo thread
Damian
Play the kids to save your place
Play rejects you will create another empty space

Read the history of Terry and Danny

Petterd is a very frustrating player - he does some really good stuff during the game i.e. often he's part of run and carry movements, his spoils most of the time are fantastic; but then he usually makes a couple of really bad mistakes that often lead to opposition goals i.e silly turnovers or ineffective kicks that do not advantage the receiver. I guess at this time we take the good with the bad and just hope that he can eliminate the mistakes. His endeavour and willingness to run is better than most of his team mates so at this stage he must retain his place in the team.