Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

Tigers of Old said:
Thought he was one of our better players today.

Do you watch the games or highlights? Fair dickum the guy is crap.
That miss in the 1st qtr was a disgrace

Started well with a good goal but the skill level just fades out under no pressure as the game goes on.

As one Carlton A-hole yelled several rows behind me, 'you can take the boy out of Melbourne but you can't take Melbourne out of the boy'. Last week it was Nahas, this week Petterd. I suppose Richmond isn't Richmond without at least one dud in the line up...

Tygrys said:
As one Carlton A-hole yelled several rows behind me, 'you can take the boy out of Melbourne but you can't take Melbourne out of the boy'. Last week it was Nahas, this week Petterd. I suppose Richmond isn't Richmond without at least one dud in the line up...

It's a sad day when a Richmond supporter takes their cues from a Blues supporter. He was far from our worst and showed his value as a swingman. My only concern is his history of injury, seems to be cursed in that regard.

bullus_hit said:
It's a sad day when a Richmond supporter takes their cues from a Blues supporter. He was far from our worst and showed his value as a swingman. My only concern is his history of injury, seems to be cursed in that regard.

Sorry bull. I've tried but just can't see any value with him around. Atrocious skill level when under zero pressure.

bullus_hit said:

Yep if it wasn't for that remark I would have given Petterd BOG. Personally I think it's sad when an opposition supporter sees more clearly the value of a player when some of us don't. Sorry but crap recruitment of a crap player who was crap today.

far far from our worst player..ran hard a lot which is more than i can say for most...but yeah his skills let him down.but no ore than foleys,jacko,s and cot chins do

Average game by an average player.

His only position is LMD, and even then, should only be played as a depth player (cover).

Fumbles and can't execute with skill under pressure.

Don't have too much issue with his spot on the list (upgraded rookie), but gee we need to do better than he going forward.

My biggest annoyance with respect to Pettard, is as someone mentioned, why the urgency to usher him back in immediately like he's some form of integral part of the side?

Astonishing if he's thought of (by the match committee) as anything more than a stop gap!

Tigers2011 said:
Has poor foot skills and questionable decision making ability. Not the player to take us any further.

Once again people are focusing on the occasional error, Petterd had 92% efficiency on the day, hardly the work of a player with 'atrocious' skills. He laid 5 tackles, set up some scoring opportunities and was one of our better players. It's clear to me that some have already made their mind up on Ricky, they seem to think he should be in our top 3-4 players every week. He's a rookie list player, he fills a need and has had a decent season (despite the injuries).

A bit of perspective here people, he's never going to be a champion but he's been our only rookie in the last 4-5 years who's come even close to being in our best line-up. The criticism from some is way over the top, he's obviously taken up the slack as whipping boy number one.

bullus_hit said:

Hammy apparently.

a real shame for mine. he does so many good things.

to get on the end of jack's pass in the first showed excellent urgency and smarts.

then just minutes later, he misses an absolute sitter, and by a fair margin too.

his kicking is broken. just can't carry these guys for their other skills.

Carter said:
a real shame for mine. he does so many good things.

to get on the end of jack's pass in the first showed excellent urgency and smarts.

then just minutes later, he misses an absolute sitter, and by a fair margin too.

He had two blokes on their own closer to goal but he probably would have missed them too.

Carter said:

He missed 1 shot on goal, I could list half a dozen players who also missed some sitters. Once again, one mistake and the lynch mob come out in force. If he slotted that gettable chance he would have met all the benchmarks required of a medium forward, to suggest his kicking is broken is a gross exaggeration.

And contrary to the constant howls of derision, his DE efficiency has been above average for most of the year. 92% today and has generally been better than most give him credit for.