Richmond VS Purple Frocks GAME DAY | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond VS Purple Frocks GAME DAY

TigerForce said:
Lots of Richo memories in this one.

Whenever Richo was 15 metres out he should have gone back 60 metres and kicked it from the 50 metre line. He was a woeful kick close to goal.

Our kicking for goal is immaterial in the context of the last minute, we were in front at the point Houli decided to kick up the middle and shanked the kick. He couldn't have passed it any better to the freo player.

If he had kicked it towards our player he might have pulled it off but missed him by 20 mt.

If he had kicked it to the boundary we most likely would have won.

Should never have lost that game. We butchered it. Terrible goal kicking & defensive turnover in last minute to cost last goal. Did everything but win.

However we're now as close to being a really decent team than anytime since 1982. True we're still a crumbing forward; classy tall midfielder and ruckman away, but no list is perfect.

We're a hard working, contested ball team that just lacks polish. It's coming though. And it'll come as we get the younger Ellis in; Menadue in and so on. I'll be disappointed if we don't compete well against Hawthorn. If we bring tonight's competitiveness and can finish better, we are a chance.

Super9Nova said:
If Freo had comfortably beaten us by 30 points I could cop it. But to hand it to them is almost unbearable. One of the worst losses I have experienced given we need to make top 4 to be a chance - and face the Hawks next week.

This for mine - 100% agree. They just keep breaking your heart this mob.

yandb said:
If he had kicked it towards our player he might have pulled it off but missed him by 20 mt.

If he had kicked it to the boundary we most likely would have won.

And he missed by 20 metres because he was trying to pinpoint a 60 metre kick. Unless you're Martin or Deledio forget it. Can't help but think he was after a bit of glory.

Just read we didn't kick a goal from the 12m mark so that's 16min of the last qrt with no goal. Last qrt last week we didn't kick a goal. The last qrt may be something of an issue for us.

We need WC to beat $ydney now to have a chance for 4th spot, and we have to build strength in attack next Friday against Hawks.

I'd be enticed to bring Beano in....same shock the Pies copped.

Losing Hampson hurt us. We were competitive in the ruck until then and Maric was causing huge issues up forward as Fremantle couldn't cover all our talls. I do feel comfort in knowing for the 2nd tie in 7 weeks we were able to take it up to the top team. Still hurts though knowing we let one we should have won get away, particularly in such circumstances. Not much went our way today.

A very disappointing result
We should have won that game
Some players continually let us down in big games n some just not up to it
Until they are upgraded we will not be a top 4 contender

tigertim said:
Just read we didn't kick a goal from the 12m mark so that's 16min of the last qrt with no goal. Last qrt last week we didn't kick a goal. The last qrt may be something of an issue for us.

Don't think so. We should have kicked 3 more goals from the 12 min mark but kicked very badly. We were just as competitive as Fremantle right to the last whistle.

What a waste. Got what we deserved.

Some players at this club simply never learn

SPH said:
Think our season is all but over if we continue to play like that, poor decision making, shooting for goal and heaps of passengers, the umpiring was pretty ordinary as well.
if we play like that we beat cats, norf, dees...