Richmond VS Purple Frocks GAME DAY | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond VS Purple Frocks GAME DAY

A loss like this can spiral our season out if control.

I'm not being over the top. That last 2-3 mins some if those kicks in our F50 were dumb too.

Hawks will finish us off next week. Finals done as Adelaide the week after.

I'm filthy with that loss. This would have given this group some belief but this loss will be felt.

Someone must be taking the *smile* by saying Hunt played ok, he hasn't played ok for 4 yrs now, why do you think the cats were more than happy to let him go !!!

SkillzThatKillz said:
Agreed.

Took it up to a top team.

Need to back it up next week against the Hawks.

I blame today on the abysmal umpiring - worst I have seen in a long time. In fact, at certain times, the umpires themselves seemed unsure they had made correct calls - terrible stuff.

Yep. Dumpires really did play a part with stupid decisions giving Freo about 3 goals. I sometimes wonder what these idiots actually expect when umpiring games. They act more like performers than being more invisible in the game.

Houli made a bad decision in the context of the game. So what, they happen.

But Griffiths.

If you want to blame someone, blame him.

You CANNOT miss from 15 in front and expect to have a career.

One of the most frustrating games ever too much mucking around early terrible kicking for goal, umpires were $#@@@holes and houli topped it off. Can't remember a game more where we deserved to win so much but lost.

Think our season is all but over if we continue to play like that, poor decision making, shooting for goal and heaps of passengers, the umpiring was pretty ordinary as well.

How may chances did we blow, you could just see something like this happening with every missed shot. Cotchin , Martin ,Griffiths , how many sitters did we miss. With the Hawks & Crows to come that is huge that result. Chance of top 4 if we hung on, now fighting to stay in the 8 by years end.

Carter said:

But Griffiths.

Tell that to Cotch = probably the worst set shot for goal in the team..

Umpires were atrocious at best but our kicking for goal was equally as bad. Had we kicked one of those chances late then
the error by Houli would not have mattered.

One positive for me was that we outclassed Freo tonight. Shame we lost as it was not a true indication of our dominance. It is clear also that we still need to upgrade a few players. The same ones let us down week after week.

Silly play by Houli at the end but really, we should have had the game wrapped up before then.

Horrible feeling knowing you were the better team but lost anyway.

Houli makes those kind of mistakes consistently and butchered the ball any chance he got in the last quarter, umpiring has been crap for years but the last couple of weeks, we're getting to the point where the umpires should be publicly executed, just to show that if you choose the job as your high paying part-time profession, there will be consequences if you decide to make it all about you or because your brother-in-law has 2 hunji on a win and you try as hard as you can to make it happen for him, I don't care what the rule changes are, don't give a stuff what interpretations we're having now, just umpire the games properly, not because you've taken offence because the crowd booed you or you wish you could of played despite being 5ft 2 and devoid of any desire to win the hard ball. Umpires should be called the Wizards of Oz, no heart, no brains and no faunicating spine! Hurry up AFL and sort it out, the game is fast becoming a joke!

percyms said:
Tell that to Cotch = probably the worst set shot for goal in the team..

Undoes a lot of good work with his set shot misses. Happening far too often, it's a blight on his game and deflating for the team.
Shotgun accuracy.

Everyone will blame Houli but it wasn't his fault. Nothing went our way today... 6 posters, bewildering umpiring, the little 50/50 things, etc, etc. That result was nothing short of an injustice

Carter said:

But Griffiths.

Yep. And they took it down and scored a goal after the half time siren

If Freo had comfortably beaten us by 30 points I could cop it. But to hand it to them is almost unbearable. One of the worst losses I have experienced given we need to make top 4 to be a chance - and face the Hawks next week.

Devastated.

Proud of the team. We played in one of the best games of the season and one of the best I've seen by a tigers team. We have talent. Just not quite there today. Plenty of reasons. Couldn't believe the umpiring (don't ever recall being so angry). But in the end everyone of our points seemed to be followed up by a dockers goal. No shame in losing to them. I would happily play them in the finals as we match up well.

While the loss hurts and harms our chances, we are only going to get better with some excellent players to come back in over the coming weeks.

Carter said:

There are plenty of players who have had fine careers and missed from 15 metres in front. Even the great Kevin Bartlett kicked the same number of points as goals.

tigerlove said:
There are plenty of players who have had fine careers and missed from 15 metres in front. Even the great Kevin Bartlett kicked the same number of points as goals.

Lots of Richo memories in this one.