RICHMOND v HAWTHORN - GAME DAY THREAD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RICHMOND v HAWTHORN - GAME DAY THREAD

Jack said:
Another thing.

Richmond yellow and black
Hawthorn yellow and brown
Umpires yellow with dark shorts.

What the *smile* are the AFL doing?

They tell us Melbourne and Carlton didn't tank.

*smile* around with rules all the time. Try to speed the game up, and then say it is too fast. The fans constantly tell then the changes they make are unnecessary.

They put the umps in pink and dark blue when the Demons wear pink and blue.

Now they put the umps in yellow when we play the hawks. There is no clash between Haw and us, but why umps in yellow? Red maybe? Green? Even white? *smile* me.

Heard Clarkson on the news say there are no rocket scientists at the AFL with that one. Exactly right.

We will wear our clash jumper next week. I have never heard anyone at a Rich v Ess game complain about a clash of jumpers in the past, and yet the AFL say there is one.

Fair Dinkum. The people at the AFL are just plain stupid at times. Anderson in particular. He always seems to have some stupid stat to back up the *smile* he talks. Leave you with little faith that the AFL know what they are doing and are running the game properly.

+1

ZeroGame said:
Care to explain the 3 matches he's received the 3 Brownlow votes then?

link for proof? (not that i give any credence to umpire voting)

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Damn, fair enough, did you notice that Lids had a phenomenal 94% disposal rate with his 35 touches?

but according to a lot on here, newman was BOG ::)

You can't knock Matty White's endeavour, he may be fleet of foot, but he's slow of mind when it comes to decision making. He's just got to get better at his first options - he hangs onto the ball too long and tries to break tackles when he just doesn't have the ability to do it.

He did some good things and presented well at times, but he's got to stop the incidents where you put your head in hands!

Ian4 said:

Or Jackson. :p

Like I said it's your opinion. No need to be a wanker about it just because others disagree with it.
Can't remember since when that the number of disposals was a prerequisite for BOG.

I have just got home and i`m drunk,but if my fellow Tiger fans can`t take some heart from that effort then there`s something wrong.

Jack Riewoldt take a bow son,that awesome contested mark and then goal in the last was magic.

Matty White struggled a bit,but that baulk around Campbell "maggott" Brown and goal from 50 in the last was inspirational.

Geez they tackled and harrassed like a real AFL side,it was fantastic,just like the first 3 quarters last week,but this week it was for 4 quarters.
Are we seeing a pattern emerge?

For the first time this year i`m really looking forward to the next game.
Look out you Essendon maggotts,here we come.

One thing that i luved 2day was the pressure we put on them, the harassment and tackling was awesome, hunted and tackled in packs....

I've just got back from having a couple of after game beers with a Hawthorn fan, if you were watching our table in the pub you would have sworn that his team lost and mine had won.

I reckon our midfield was sensational, smashing the hawks in clearances in the middle when they had so called guns like Burgoyne, Mitchell Hodge and Sewell in there.

We won that game everywhere but on the scoreboard, and Hawks fans know it too. We may be *smile*, but at leastwe are young, improving *smile* and not overachievers who are on a downward slide. Hawks are done, stick a fork in 'em.

*smile* gave up 4 goals through terrible skills today.

With him & Jackson playing pivotal roles the club will never progress.

Ever.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Damn, fair enough, did you notice that Lids had a phenomenal 94% disposal rate with his 35 touches?

30 of them were uncontested so Id expect him to have a high efficency.

Im not expecting McGuane to be Scarlett but some of the mistakes he did were pathetic. Kicking across goal to a 50-50 :-[

Theres no point working your ass off to get 50 odd inside 50's and winning the contested footy if your defenders just *smile* away cheap goals all the time.

You need to highlight that ever in 12 foot blue capitals otherwise the club will never get it.

IrockZ said:
30 of them were uncontested so Id expect him to have a high efficency.

No doubt, but 94% is high even for an outside mid or quaterback HBF, particularly one who is fairly ambitious with his disposal like Lids.

Ian4 said:
+1

link for proof? (not that i give any credence to umpire voting)

Seems like you've got a vendetta against Newman, Ian. :police:
You seem to bring up his (lack of) BOGs a fair bit.
Maybe instead of Ian4 it should be IanBOG. ;D

Leysy Days said:

Ever.

Agreed. McGuane is just awful with his turnovers.

Careful though, people will try to shoot you down LD. He can make a few spoils and compete so his goals on a platter to the opposition don't matter. :hihi

Very proud of the team today , Ctchin , Martin were fantastic and little Mason has more talent and heart in his little toe than Tambling has in his whole body. Mason and Martin have already played many more better games in 8 weeks than Tambling has in 5yrs , i dont know how he keeps getting games. Webberley is another one who is gonna be very good for us , big balls and very poised for a second gamer. Even Big Angus Graham showed something today , we showed heaps of improvment in the forward line as soon as he went there , just gives us a big target with lots of little guys around to pick up the crumbs. Axel Foley was back to his best , i just love him when he is on fire , no one can catch him and Matty White is also back in great form. Dids and Newman were fantastic.

I cant wait for Connors to come back he was in best form when they suspended him and Collins was also playing well , dont know why they bought Farmer in for him. Also cant wait for Troy Taylor to fire.

I hope they dont bring Simmonds back or Polo they are both duds and should beleft out and deleted along with Tambling.

Go Tiges...............We are slowly getting there and the coach is the main reason , i just love the way he handles the Media , you can tell the players love him and so do i..........................

Leysy Days said:

Ever.

hmm well what about the 6 goals because lids was a lazy bugger with no defensive pressure ? stop being sour grapes all the boys put in effort today

Tigion said:
hmm well what about the 6 goals because lids was a lazy bugger with no defensive pressure ? stop being sour grapes all the boys put in effort today

If Lids was lazy then how did all the boys put in?

Barnzy said:
Agreed. McGuane is just awful with his turnovers.

Careful though, people will try to shoot you down LD. He can make a few spoils and compete so his goals on a platter to the opposition don't matter. :hihi

Who's shooting anyone down? It's called having a bit of balance in your criticisms.
Franklin was kept to 2 goals was he not?

Yes Luke gave up a couple of goals due to mistakes but he watched Buddy like a hawk yesterday.
His tight checking was more than some of his fellow defenders did on their opponents which resulted in several goals.
However let's ignore them shall we and focus purely on McGuane errors as the cause of the loss :p.

Tigers of Old said:
Who's shooting anyone down? It's called having a bit of balance in your criticisms.
Franklin was kept to 2 goals was he not?

Yes Luke gave up a couple of goals due to mistakes but he watched Buddy like a hawk yesterday.
His tight checking was more than some of his fellow defenders did on their opponents which resulted in several goals.
However let's ignore them shall we and focus purely on McGuane errors as the cause of the loss :p.

McGuane made some stupid mistakes, yes, but he negated many more goals than he gave away. Our defense really stood tall yesterday. Thursfield took some great marks in that last quarter and Moore did well considering he was playing against the best small forward in the league and was way oversized for the job.

McGuane did really well on Franklin yesterday. Matched his strength and pace on nearly all occassions. If he can stop those brain farts, he'll be a quality player.