RICHMOND v HAWTHORN - GAME DAY THREAD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RICHMOND v HAWTHORN - GAME DAY THREAD

IMO the biggest difference for us today was Gus contesting in the ruck and Axl at the stoppages.

Axl is a fair dinkum in and under star and lets hope he stays fit.

Had he played last week we would have bolted in.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
IMO the biggest difference for us today was Gus contesting in the ruck and Axl at the stoppages.

Axl is a fair dinkum in and under star and lets hope he stays fit.

Had he played last week we would have bolted in.

who is axl??

My take. 3 things.

1. Proud and guttered. Really proud the boys were able to make a game of it. It was sooooo nice the really be barracking hard in the last qtr believeing that we actually has some chance to win. I had ( and still have ) a terrible headache at the end and my voice is horse. At same time, it hurts. Just so disappointing to be so close and not win, but at least feel could walk out with head high.

2. Umpires. Absolutely terrible. Inconsistant and unpredicable all day. Missed obvious frees, paid others you had no idea what for. Holding the ball, who would know, some paid some not. One minute something like in the back would be paid, then play on 5 mins later for same thing. Hopeless today.

3. Hawthorn. I want to give it to them a bit. If they can't put us away, then they are *smile*. Bigger and more experienced, but couldn't handle a bunch of down and out kids. Players like Roughhead looked intimidated at times from players 20kgs lighter.

And they have 50 000 odd members. We have 41 000. People say how well they have done and yet we only have 9000 less. They get 50 000 on top 4 potential and we get 41 000 on a promise of nothing.

If they had had the last 28 years we have had, they would be dead. If we had had the last 28 years they have had, we would have 60 000+ members. *smile* week club they are.

And Mitchell, front runner. Buddy, front runner. Brown, front runner. Particularly Buddy and Brown. Great when they are winning, and just plain duds when they are losing. If Richo kicked 2 goals 4 or 5 he would be branded a dud. Buddy does it all the time, and yet he is still a star, and he only has good games when they are doing well, and does nothing when they are not. Richo was great in a bad team his whole career. And Brown, what a hack. Again plays well when winning, does nothing when losing. And he is the tough man against young kids. What a hack.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
Off to the pub for you buddy.

Yes i went and it was packed, but when Tuck got caught the whole pub went....."OH MY"

at least we had a crack, from what i saw

polak poor, and im not convinced jacko should be given the ass at least he puts in.

yeah to that bloke who said foley was poor, WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING?
i only watched laST Half but he got several clearences.

and regarding the McGuane Bashing,

its deserved, he is just not up to it and turns the ball over every game and costs us 3 goals a game by doing so.

evo said:
Yeah. Unfortunately carelessness always costs us 3 or 4 goals Even on good days.

I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but McGuane is an absolute liability. For every decent spoil he does he costs us a couple of goals literally, or in momentum. I wish they'd drop him.
Glad someone else can see it. He is Gumpus-level dumb.

OH NO, count me in on those sentiments regarding McGuane, anyone who defends this blokes ability to play at this level is either Family or sleeping with the guy !!!.........who knows, maybe both !!!!

haha jackfrost, i can easily pull out a thread from 2007 that i just saw but i wont, regarding maguane bashing

micky was ok
\

but luke isnt

jackfrost said:
OH NO, count me in on those sentiments regarding McGuane, anyone who defends this blokes ability to play at this lvel is either Family or sleeping with the guy !!!.........who knows, maybe both !!!!
cant wait to rd 11 the soon he is replaced by the Goo the better .

Barnzy said:
Well maybe that was a little bit strong in the heat of the moment but my god if they're still in the team 2 years down the track then we will still be bottom 4. Both are not the future IMO and it's amazing [size=10pt]they just re-signed McGuane to a 3 year deal.[/size]

Tell me you jest ???.....and people really have to ask why some in here see NO light at the end of the tunnel ??...the guy would be a scrub at Country level let alone AFL, he lacks in all skill and decision making departments and lets stop with this .."so who is gonna replace them mentality".

My God, throw anyone with a clue in there would be a start at least.......

Another thing.

Richmond yellow and black
Hawthorn yellow and brown
Umpires yellow with dark shorts.

What the *smile* are the AFL doing?

They tell us Melbourne and Carlton didn't tank.

*smile* around with rules all the time. Try to speed the game up, and then say it is too fast. The fans constantly tell then the changes they make are unnecessary.

They put the umps in pink and dark blue when the Demons wear pink and blue.

Now they put the umps in yellow when we play the hawks. There is no clash between Haw and us, but why umps in yellow? Red maybe? Green? Even white? *smile* me.

Heard Clarkson on the news say there are no rocket scientists at the AFL with that one. Exactly right.

We will wear our clash jumper next week. I have never heard anyone at a Rich v Ess game complain about a clash of jumpers in the past, and yet the AFL say there is one.

Fair Dinkum. The people at the AFL are just plain stupid at times. Anderson in particular. He always seems to have some stupid stat to back up the *smile* he talks. Leave you with little faith that the AFL know what they are doing and are running the game properly.

Bunnerz said:
haha jackfrost, i can easily pull out a thread from 2007 that i just saw but i wont, regarding maguane bashing

micky was ok
\

but luke isnt

OK....was I defending the guy or something in that Bunindaoven ???......let me know, thats no problem and hell 2007 !!!!!, 3 years is a long time ago and a lot of water under the bridge also.

jackfrost said:
OH NO, count me in on those sentiments regarding McGuane, anyone who defends this blokes ability to play at this level is either Family or sleeping with the guy !!!.........who knows, maybe both !!!!

Made a few mistakes as usual but did a pretty good stop job on Franklin IMO.
Some of his spoiling was absolutely top shelf.

Tigers of Old said:
Made a few mistakes as usual but did a pretty good stop job on Franklin IMO.
Some of his spoiling was absolutely top shelf.

Thing is his mistakes result in opposition goals 99% of the time. Poor awareness, poor decision making and poor disposal. Off the top of my head he handed Hawthorn at least 3 goals from turnovers at cruical times today.

Barnzy said:
Thing is his mistakes result in opposition goals 99% of the time. Poor awareness, poor decision making and poor disposal. Off the top of my head he handed Hawthorn at least 3 goals from turnovers at cruical times today.

Stopped a few too but no one credits him for those.