RICHMOND v HAWTHORN - GAME DAY THREAD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RICHMOND v HAWTHORN - GAME DAY THREAD

enjoed going to the game with my son today and sitting in our reserved members seats on the fence....was very dissapointed with the umpires..time and time again....
the positive side was we really fought and fought this game out..there were a few occasions when i thought the hawks and scott mclaren would run away with the game, however our efforts to fight it out was very positive...

another real positive was GRAHAM..loved his game when down foward..mmm alas..are we looking at a potential full foward here?/ tall,great mark ,can kick...a real positive thing today,..and he was okay in the ruck to...loved newmans game,..loved nason , jumpin jack-despite the odd moment of brain freeze, martin,cotchin,delideo and white ran and ran all day..best of all i saw him present as on option all day-white is far better than many here credit him for as is edwards......thursfeild was fantastic as was mcguanne despite the odd dumb brain freeze-they both were far better than franklin and roughhead,..moore was fine to,unfortunetly rioli was able to freak out a few things..
the negatives..gee?/ UMMM rance and polak very dissapointing down foward..polaks dropped mark which rebounded in a hawks goal was crucial..bring back morton and taylor next week please..
patterson playing for the hawks killed us to..he is a great little player
tambling..sorry..i want to love him..i saw him simply standing still or jogging lightly next to his player way to often..his tackle on bougyone right in front of me was light hearted and wimpy-and resulted in hawks getting foward and goaling in the last quater...bring back post or asbury or cuz or anyone
listening to parkin on the radio whilst watching was also nauseating
but all in all a great effort today..we will one sooner rather than later i feel.

Finally we have seen what I expected Hardwick to bring to this club:

Hard, uncompromising, accountable 4 quarter football with plenty of guts and determination. Yes we are massivley underskilled and still make way too many stupid decisions with the ball but you don't have to be a champion to play accountable and team football. We've done it extremely sporadically this year but today I thought we were very good for 4 quarters in this area.

This is the minimum standard, it has been set and they need to play to this standard from now on. Jackson said that Hardwick was very firm on this principle after the game.

As always it's disappointing to lose but at least the 4 quarter effort was there today. The skills and decision making need massive work but hopefully that will improve as those who are not up to it are weeded out over time.

Much happier with that effort today.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Absolutely shocking, Mclaren & that other Mr Bean look alike and not to mention the emergency umpire who just stood there and looked at Mitchell pull Nason's hair need to be sent to Afghanistan.

Interesting to read in the Inside Footy (first edition I have read for about 10 weeks. Needed something to read on a plane :-[) that two of the columnists highlight McLaren as being in a different league to the rest of the umpires.

Niether were endorsements of his umpiring ability.

When is the AFL going to wake up to this guy?

Ridley said:
This is the minimum standard, it has been set and they need to play to this standard from now on. Jackson said that Hardwick was very firm on this principle after the game.

Yeah, I heard that interview. Eased the pain of a loss to here what Dimma had told the boys. Will ease this season's pain much more if they stick to it.

jackfrost said:
Sure that was Tambling ???....I thought it was Newman he waltzed by on the boundary ???

yes,,further up the ground on the boundry line..tambling treid to tackle bourgoyne..it was a weak effort ..bourgoyne kicked into their foward line....in the end rioli goaled

RemoteTiger said:
Grandstand footballers - it is so easy to see and do the right thing when you're sitting in grandstand - like grandstand jockeys it is so easy to take the right options in a horse race when you're sitting in the grandstand.

Bit like life - it is so easy to criticise others living standards and moral values than it is to run your own life. Maybe that is why so many people tell others how to run their lives.....

Thanks for the life lesson you loser.

How many times has Tuck split a pack open with his blinding pace???

Never. So I dont know why he thought he would be able to today.

He wanted to be a hero and stuffed it.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Absolutely shocking, Mclaren & that other Mr Bean look alike and not to mention the emergency umpire who just stood there and looked at Mitchell pull Nason's hair need to be sent to Afghanistan.

McClown.....I still wonder how he used that $20,000 paid from Mr James Hird.

that Brown is a real tough guy....anyone see him sprint after Jackson as he was being taken off by the trainers to get in his face....Jacko should have taken one for the rest of football by belting him.....would have become a folk hero Jacko....

Ridley said:

Hard, uncompromising, accountable 4 quarter football with plenty of guts and determination. Yes we are massivley underskilled and still make way too many stupid decisions with the ball but you don't have to be a champion to play accountable and team football. We've done it extremely sporadically this year but today I thought we were very good for 4 quarters in this area.

As always it's disappointing to lose but at least the 4 quarter effort was there today. The skills and decision making need massive work but hopefully that will improve as those who are not up to it are weeded out over time.

Spot on.

This is the standard effort required in every game we play.

Loving deledio's role down back to.

Did anyone notice how when he was kicking in from behinds, he would kick it off to someone close so he can run on and do the old 1-2 and create a bit of run. Thought this was good.

This team will be so much better when connors comes back to.

RemoteTiger said:
You are a fool as both of those players did very well today. Open your eyes and forget your prejudices....

yeah i agree,..both were very very good today ..mcguanne made one very silly mistake,but newmas asked him for the ball...and someone maybe could shepered for tuck....

Ridley said:

Ah Riddler....some words of knowledge and commonsense. Summed up perfectly.

[/quote]

gee i cant wait to see connors back..easily my favorite player this year until he got on the grog that night..would of been very nice to have him and cuz in the side today...woulda won i reckon.....

and an early post mentioned FOLEY..he was great today...really made our midfeild look much better..free,d delideo to go down back..newman a more attacking role

Jezza81 said:
Loving deledio's role down back to.

Did anyone notice how when he was kicking in from behinds, he would kick it off to someone close so he can run on and do the old 1-2 and create a bit of run. Thought this was good.

Yeh, love Lids in control down back ATM.

Would hope in the future we can develop someone else in that role and Lids can slip forward and midfield where a player of his talent is more valuable.