RICHMOND v HAWTHORN - GAME DAY THREAD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RICHMOND v HAWTHORN - GAME DAY THREAD

Tigerhart04 said:
Hey Zipper you're not admitting that Whitey played a "good?" game are you?

Much improved game by Matty. Hope it gives him the confidence to take it to another level.

zippadeee said:
Matty white was better, and that hurts

Why does that hurt? I applaud any good performance in the yellow and black, regardless of previous efforts.

rosy23 said:
Much improved game by Matty. Hope it gives him the confidence to take it to another level.

Agreed. Don't rate White but happy to admit he was pretty good today. Disposal and decision making was decent which was surprising, can he keep it up? We will see.

I think Rance needs to be dropped. This KPF experiment for him is just not working, can't take a mark and we need another target up there to keep goals. Polak was pretty ordinary too. Forward line is a massive worry, really need Morton back and in form. Riewoldt is pretty much playing a lone hand up there and it shows.

One thing that I did notice, was that in the last quarter in particular, we seemed reasonably confident of taking it away from the centre and bombing long expecting a forward to take a grab, or a crumber to pick the spoils. I thought that that was a good sign.

rosy23 said:

As his VP I hope so Rosy, he is not as bad as most on here suggest. Dimma's been changing his roles around I believe, I think today he was playing more forward than midfield, perhaps someone at the game could confirm.

rosy23 said:

relax, i said i noticed white was more prominent, then foley,
not a bad goal, bad still gets caught
everyone happy with that.
still not happy with rance and gentleman moore

zippadeee said:
my best newman, jackson, cotchin, martin
bad game: polak, rance, moore, foley

that's a bad call

foley was extremely solid today especially considering it was his first game back from injury. 24 possies & a number of clearances. also shows how important a bit of midfield depth is. put foley in & suddenly cotchin has a bit more freedom, 27 possies, & we start to clear the ball from the centre a bit more.

hopefully cousins plays next week & we have a full strength midfield. definitely a good chance to beat essendon next week

Tigerhart04 said:
As his VP I hope so Rosy, he is not as bad as most on here suggest. Dimma's been changing his roles around I believe, I think today he was playing more forward than midfield, perhaps someone at the game could confirm.

Yeh seemed to be lining up at CHF at centre bounces....thought he was very good today, well done whitey

Tiger_4_Life said:
I had no issue with tuck going for it, he saw daylight and nearly got there, it was deep into the 4th quarter so u can forgive the bloke for not having the pace to finish the job. I think Tuck being back in the team has been a positive, he should play on next year.

Tuck was NEVER going to get near a shot at goal. Kick to the square was the option.

Gee, some of these comments about Foley's game are a little strange. He was the one that sparked that last quarter revival if you ask me. He got the ball out of the centre time after time.

We lost yes, but for the first time this year I have seen some real promise. I thought McGuane was okay against Franklin really, he didnt get many kicks close to goal so that to me is a win. I though Thursty was amongst the best today along with Lid and Cotch. Martin was good too. I thought the turning point was that free against us after Polak took a strong mark within scoring distance. I think it was Rance that gave that away - stupid play. White showed some mongrel which was pleasing as he often comes across as soft. He took on Brown and in the last quarter took him down a few times. Well done.

Overall, a good hard fought game and this can only help our kids going forward.

just a couple of observations...

- i don't care whether its a team rule or not, you never EVER switch play unless you have a teammate on his own.
- that umpire no. 28 crucified us today
- when tuck marked the ball just forward of centre with about a minute to go, there was a hawthorn player inside the 5m protected zone. that was a 100% dead set 50m penalty any day of the week.

thejinx said:
I know it sucks to lose, but are you guys really that gutted?

i'm not. scoreboard means nothing imo. but it did feel good to be competitive for once.

Tiger29 said:
Not a big fan of Newman as Captain, but I thought he played a real Captain's game today and some of the things he did were inspiring.

best effort in a while, but he is still yet to have a BOG in 161 games ::)

IrockZ said:
Tuck was NEVER going to get near a shot at goal. Kick to the square was the option.

Grandstand footballers - it is so easy to see and do the right thing when you're sitting in grandstand - like grandstand jockeys it is so easy to take the right options in a horse race when you're sitting in the grandstand.

Bit like life - it is so easy to criticise others living standards and moral values than it is to run your own life. Maybe that is why so many people tell others how to run their lives.....

Agree with the Foley sentiment. He was arguably our best today. Didn't have the most posessions, but the way he extracts the ball out of tight situations and bursts out for a quality disposal is second to none.

I thought he was easily the most influencial Tiger out there today. So happy to see he hasn't lost any of that explosive pace :clap :spin

As for a few pages back when I questioned why people would be gutted - what I was trying to get at is, yeah we lost, but our effort was the best we've shown all year, so at least there's something to take away from this week. I'm gutted when we get trounced by 50+ points and show no fighting spirit whatsoever. That's more hurtful than losing by a few points and all the while trying our guts out.

As I mentioned earlier, this is the first time all year I've actually been proud of the boys after a game.

If they put in the same type of effort next week, we're a deadset chance against the Bombers. Without a doubt.

thejinx said:
If they put in the same type of effort next week, we're a deadset chance against the Bombers. Without a doubt.

Quick update - Cale Hooker hamstring injury - possibly torn.

TigerForce said:
Umpires looked appropriate today: lemon yellow.

Absolutely shocking, Mclaren & that other Mr Bean look alike and not to mention the emergency umpire who just stood there and looked at Mitchell pull Nason's hair need to be sent to Afghanistan.