RICHMOND v HAWTHORN - GAME DAY THREAD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RICHMOND v HAWTHORN - GAME DAY THREAD

Barnzy said:
Sorry if I don't think McGuane's constant turnovers that result in goals in the backline are good...

While he did a decent job on Franklin (he still had 20+ touches and 5 or 6 shots though), he cost us at least 3 goals from dumb decision making and poor kicks at crucial times. Does it every week. How can people not see this? Such a dumb footballer.

Barnzy, let me quote you once again "players like McGuane and Tuck should NEVER EVER play for this club again". They certainly have deficiences, and if DH punts them at the end of the year I won't shed a tear, but are you actually saying that for the betterment of the RFC, that should be the last game they ever play?

Barnzy said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, that is why players like McGuane and Tuck should NEVER EVER play for this club again. Not going to take us forward.

Who are the 2 players ready to take their spots next week?

Nico said:
Barnzy, let me quote you once again "players like McGuane and Tuck should NEVER EVER play for this club again". They certainly have deficiences, and if DH punts them at the end of the year I won't shed a tear, but are you actually saying that for the betterment of the RFC, that should be the last game they ever play?

Well maybe that was a little bit strong in the heat of the moment but my god if they're still in the team 2 years down the track then we will still be bottom 4. Both are not the future IMO and it's amazing they just re-signed McGuane to a 3 year deal.

After Newman kicked his Captains goal he grabbed his jumper and stuck it out... towards the cheer squad I guess.
It was a nice touch. It seemed to signal the same passion in the jumper we have and at the same time, reflect the fact the boys are sick of losing.

Tigerdog said:
After Newman kicked his Captains goal he grabbed his jumper and stuck it out... towards the cheer squad I guess.
It was a nice touch. It seemed to signal the same passion in the jumper we have and at the same time, reflect the fact the boys are sick of losing.

I noticed that. First time since who knows when did it in a Richmond jumper.

jackfrost said:
Too slow......no question.

I had no issue with tuck going for it, he saw daylight and nearly got there, it was deep into the 4th quarter so u can forgive the bloke for not having the pace to finish the job. I think Tuck being back in the team has been a positive, he should play on next year.

Not a big fan of Newman as Captain, but I thought he played a real Captain's game today and some of the things he did were inspiring.

sashback said:
gee there's some wankers on this site!!!! Of course it was our best performance of the year.

You don't expect we'll improve further??????

What a tosser!
get a grip splashback.

it's "hard to say" if that's our best performance. not "it's definately not" our best performance.

also "don't expect we'll improve further" - against the Bombers - was the comment.

rosy23 said:
Why do you say that about Nathan?

didnt notice him alot today, ran sidewards, not his direct to goal style. Matty white was better, and that hurts
same with lids, wasted down back, when he played the loose man down there, refused to go back into backs, dosent defend like a true defender, his no luke hodge.

zippadeee said:
didnt notice him alot today, ran sidewards, not his direct to goal style. Matty white was better, and that hurts
same with lids, wasted down back, when he played the loose man down there, refused to go back into backs, dosent defend like a true defender, his no luke hodge.

Hey Zipper you're not admitting that Whitey played a "good?" game are you?

Tiger_4_Life said:
I had no issue with tuck going for it, he saw daylight and nearly got there, it was deep into the 4th quarter so u can forgive the bloke for not having the pace to finish the job. I think Tuck being back in the team has been a positive, he should play on next year.

Agreed. Could have been the hero if he got that kick away. In the end, good tackle by the hair-pulling nancy.

Better effort today at least despite the result. First game I've seen since Rd 1. Observations: -

Positives:
- Happy with effort - players genuinely tried 100% all day.
- Tackled hard although need to make a few more stick.
- Graham looked OK in the ruck - needs to believe he belongs at this level and play with 100% intensity for the entire game. Thoought he dominated the ruck duels he was involved in. Far better option than anything we've tried all year.
- Cotchin, Foley, Lids and Newman were all outstanding today.
- Riewoldt is an AFL standard key forward and will get even better as the side gets better.
- Found long term AFL players in Martin and Nason while Webberley look promising.
- White played the best game I've seen him play.
- Thursfield beat Roughead.
Negatives:
- Turnovers and decision making. We gave Hawthorn at least 3-4 goals from comical errors (a la McGuane's 'pass' to Lids in the last quarter - just dreadful).
- McGuane is a reflection of too many players on our list - tries hard (really does) but has crap skills and no natural footy decision making ability. He tried hard against Franklin, competed well, but brought it undone time and again with terrible kicks or decisions under pressure. We'll never go anywhere with players like these.
- Rance isn't AFL standard. Can't mark, gave away ridiculous kick to Hodge after Polak had marked early in 3rd quarter and runs around without making any impact. Surely Post, Astbury or Morton has to be played ahead of him.
- Not sure where Polak is at - needs to make a contribution soon. Would rather be seeing Gourdis being played instead at the current time.
- Nahas was poor today - fumbled too much. I'd prefer to go with Edwards as the foward pocket goal sneak instead.
- Want more from Vickery. Needs to use his mobility and get around the ground more. Given he's still developing in the upper body, don't get involved with wrestles with the other ruckman.