RICHMOND v HAWTHORN - GAME DAY THREAD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RICHMOND v HAWTHORN - GAME DAY THREAD

I don't think Hawthorn has got that much this year! At this stage they do not look like finals material to me - but then again - it is a long season.

Winning move was Hodge into centre - we were blitzing them in centre breaks - then Hodge won 3 crucial breaks that lead to Hawthorn scores.

For the first time I was actually out of my lounge chair cheering and roaring at the TV.

Gotta love the Tigers.........

thejinx said:
I know it sucks to lose, but are you guys really that gutted? We were going into todays game expecting to be thrashed. That was easily our best performance of the year, boys are really starting to show something... Whether we won or not really isn't the point.

I am gutted. After decades every loss still hurts. Passion is the only thing that still ties me to the club.

I came to this country when I was 4 years old. When I chose the Tigers I felt Australian. I know it's stupid to tie part of your identity to a football club. Especially this one.

I just don't even want to think about them anymore.

Still too many gifted goals, but on the whole I was pleased they played 4 qtrs.
Still plenty of room for improvement, seemed to have a bit better structure with Gus and Polly floating up forward, released Jack a bit more.
Just have to keep working on it and drilling the basics. Overall, far happier with the effort, hardness and starting to show some belief.
It will come.

thejinx said:
That was easily our best performance of the year
hard to say based on the opposition. don't expect that we'll improve further and beat the Bombers. we could quite easliy get flogged next week.

Barnzy said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, that is why players like McGuane and Tuck should NEVER EVER play for this club again. Not going to take us forward.

Talk about losing whatever credibility you may have had......

velo said:
I am gutted. After decades every loss still hurts. Passion is the only thing that still ties me to the club.

I came to this country when I was 4 years old. When I chose the Tigers I felt Australian. I know it's stupid to tie part of your identity to a football club. Especially this one.

Mate, it is not "stupid" to feel gutted. It is not "stupid" to identify with an AFL team. It is not "stupid" at all.
Its what makes you Australian and its what makes you a Tigers supporter!

Go Tiges!

velo said:

C'mon velo, we all feel the disappointment, but you can take something out of todays game. At least.
We are gonna be up and down in performance for the year or two at least. Just be prepared for it. Still pisses you off, but hang in there. It will make it all the sweeter when we start performing consistently (well).

McGuane is the dumbest footballer going around.

Both times had the ball 40m from Hawks goals and instead of going down the wing he gifts them cheap goals.

Hawks were rubbish and we blew it.

Cotchin = awesome.

Nico said:

Sorry if I don't think McGuane's constant turnovers that result in goals in the backline are good...

While he did a decent job on Franklin (he still had 20+ touches and 5 or 6 shots though), he cost us at least 3 goals from dumb decision making and poor kicks at crucial times. Does it every week. How can people not see this? Such a dumb footballer.

willo said:
Still too many gifted goals,

Yeah. Unfortunately carelessness always costs us 3 or 4 goals Even on good days.

I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but McGuane is an absolute liability. For every decent spoil he does he costs us a couple of goals literally, or in momentum. I wish they'd drop him.

IrockZ said:
McGuane is the dumbest footballer going around.
Glad someone else can see it. He is Gumpus-level dumb.

Nico said:

How?

He's spot on. *smile* and Tuck lack the skills, poise, and decision making to be anything more than hacks.

evo said:
Yeah. Unfortunately carelessness always costs us 3 or 4 goals Even on good days.

I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but McGuane is an absolute liability. For every decent spoil he does he costs us a couple of goals literally, or in momentum. I wish they'd drop him.

Exactly.

evo said:
Glad someone else can see it. He is Gumpus-level dumb.

Too lanky.

cmontiges said:
hard to say based on the opposition. don't expect that we'll improve further and beat the Bombers. we could quite easliy get flogged next week.

gee there's some wankers on this site!!!! Of course it was our best performance of the year.

You don't expect we'll improve further??????

What a tosser!

Trust me I see mcguane do the same things every week. He plays on with no plan and then he just puts others under pressure. But he did lead Franklin to the ball a few times, which saved him from absolute disgrace.

But it was easily our beat effort but a bigger challenge lies ahead and becoming a good team means that we will be able to play hard at it footy for four quarters. I though our mids where great, cotchin is a really classy kid. Martin busts through grown men, whilst foley gives us that run that we lack when he isn't there.

I honestly think Graham is a better option than browne or simmo. He gives us a good option up forward and he can work around the ground.

What I liked was that we didn't give up right until the end and we can definitely beat essendon if we play like we did today. Plus, hawthorn are kidding themselves if they think their backline will take them to September.