R21 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R21 - other games

jb03 said:
6 weeks for Vickery, $1,000 sanction for Hodge

Just saw the replay of that incident. Very ordinary by Hodge; completely unnecessary. Could have been very very ugly and should get weeks.

But of course the Fox commentators won't speak ill of one of the supposed heroes of the game and all danced around the subject. Pussies. Jon Ralph even said it was only low impact because Wingard got up and played on; reckons Hodge should only get a fine :eek: No worries Jon ::)

But Cameron Ling is very rapidly becoming the most cringeworthy commentator going around. He's such a pathetic fan boy. Hawthorn was playing absolute garbage and 3 goals down with 2 minutes to go but Lingy was still crapping on about how great they are and how you can never right them off :vomit

WesternTiger said:
How can that be called a goal? Clear from two angles that it was touched but the muppet still calls it a goal! ::)
Not clear at all.

I'm prepared to trust two human eyes viewing the ball in 3D over a 2D television camera to judge whether it was touched.

Until the technology exists that can judge whether a ball is touched it has to be the umpire's call every time and there should never be a video review called for. The required technology to judge these decisions does not exist.

Ridley said:
Jon Ralph even said it was only low impact because Wingard got up and played on; reckons Hodge should only get a fine :eek: No worries Jon ::)

Deledio got a week in Round 1 for a high bump on some Carlton crab who got straight up. Medium impact...

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Deledio got a week in Round 1 for a high bump on some Carlton crab who got straight up. Medium impact...

Excellent point. What Hodge did was many times worse than what Lids did. At least the ball was somewhere in the vicinity in the Lids incident.

jb03 said:
6 weeks for Vickery, $1,000 sanction for Hodge

Yes jimbob we will no doubt see the 'premiership skipper, good bloke' factor played out this week.
Despite that being a deliberate & despicable act I full expect the tribunal to categorise it as low impact.
This is what sh!t's me. They hand out suspensions these days by injuries caused to players whether accidental or not.
Hodge's act was quite deliberate yet will no doubt get a light penalty yet an accidental collision to the head which causes concussion sees a player cop a hefty one.

Ridley said:
Just saw the replay of that incident. Very ordinary by Hodge; completely unnecessary. Could have been very very ugly and should get weeks.

But of course the Fox commentators won't speak ill of one of the supposed heroes of the game and all danced around the subject. Pussies. Jon Ralph even said it was only low impact because Wingard got up and played on; reckons Hodge should only get a fine :eek: No worries Jon ::)

But Cameron Ling is very rapidly becoming the most cringeworthy commentator going around. He's such a pathetic fan boy. Hawthorn was playing absolute garbage and 3 goals down with 2 minutes to go but Lingy was still crapping on about how great they are and how you can never right them off :vomit

Agree re Ling. that aspect of his commentary is amateurish and disappointing and also very irritating.

Porters pinched the peanuts from the chimps tonight. Chimps might play for peanuts when in the cage but outside of it there is more than peanuts.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
33.48 Lake, Brian
26.10 Rioli, Cyril
24.78 Schoenmakers, Ryan
24.78 Breust, Luke
24.33 Duryea, Taylor
24.31 Shiels, Liam
23.85 Gunston, Jack
22.12 Hill, Bradley
20.57 Hartung, Billy

:eek:ld

Edit: Didn't realise Hale was out.

Interesting stats - thought Rioli was older than 26 and I didn't realise Gunston was only 23 - he is a gun and still hasn't peaked.

Also, Hartung is nearly 21 so he must have spent some time in the system - I thought he was only 19 the way the commentators talk about how young he is - says a lot for the youth of the tigers and playing the kids (Celllis etc).

David King putting the spotlight on Suckling's poor defensive efforts and his poor kicking under perceived pressure.

About time some of the so called experts cottoned on to this bloke; he is a massive jib.

Frawley's a spud as well. Probably the most overrated player in the AFL.

Ridley said:
David King putting the spotlight on Suckling's poor defensive efforts and his poor kicking under perceived pressure.

About time some of the so called experts cottoned on to this bloke; he is a massive jib.

Totally agree. There are a few others. Shoemakers , hill soft and Roughead is finished

YinnarTiger said:
Not clear at all.

I'm prepared to trust two human eyes viewing the ball in 3D over a 2D television camera to judge whether it was touched.

Until the technology exists that can judge whether a ball is touched it has to be the umpire's call every time and there should never be a video review called for. The required technology to judge these decisions does not exist.

Sorry yin but you need glasses. Not at all calling into question the goal umpires decision. Was 15 m away from him and the angle it was coming in he would struggle to see the deflection. On the video from two angles it was clear it deviated.

WesternTiger said:
Sorry yin but you need glasses. Not at all calling into question the goal umpires decision. Was 15 m away from him and the angle it was coming in he would struggle to see the deflection. On the video from two angles it was clear it deviated.

I agree with Yinnar on this one. Don't think it was touched.

Ridley said:
Excellent point. What Hodge did was many times worse than what Lids did. At least the ball was somewhere in the vicinity in the Lids incident.

But Hodges plays for Hawthorn. $1500 fine.

Tigers of Old said:
Yes jimbob we will no doubt see the 'premiership skipper, good bloke' factor played out this week.
Despite that being a deliberate & despicable act I full expect the tribunal to categorise it as low impact.
This is what sh!t's me. They hand out suspensions these days by injuries caused to players whether accidental or not.
Hodge's act was quite deliberate yet will no doubt get a light penalty yet an accidental collision to the head which causes concussion sees a player cop a hefty one.

Yep ToO. Should be based on intent. Said this the week Vickery got nailed. His pure intent was to block the player and there was accidental contact to the head and he gets two weeks. The same week three players get fines where their intent was purely to mame the opposition. Ridiculous.

Ridley said:

Yep Suckling is very overrated. Glad we haven't been linked with him at all.

WesternTiger said:
OPSM are offering two for one this week Stylo! ;D

:ner

I'll have to watch a replay but it seemed like an optical illusion to me. The spin of the ball made it look like it deflected when it actually hadn't.

Ridley said:

Bang on brother.

Yet many punters on here were/are keen on those two clowns.

Steer 1,000 miles clear of Suckling.

Roughhead is a little overrated as a key tall. He's great at ground level and very versatile but couldnt take a contested Mark to save himself. Never ever looks like it. Says it all when they were kicking it to poppy as a forward target when he's four foot tall.

And agree about lingys shocking commentary. Was getting very annoying. Kept going on about great they were but were deplorable all night.

Pandaboy said:
Roughhead is a little overrated as a key tall. He's great at ground level and very versatile but couldnt take a contested Mark to save himself. Never ever looks like it. Says it all when they were kicking it to poppy as a forward target when he's four foot tall.

And agree about lingys shocking commentary. Was getting very annoying. Kept going on about great they were but were deplorable all night.

Lingy loves a good gush. He's getting so bad, I'd nearly categorize him alongside BT/Darcy