R10 - the other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R10 - the other games

I enjoyed the game today. The wind was gale force. Took the covers off the goal posts. I found it interesting to see how the teams coped and compensated for it. Glad North won.

Baloo said:
Assuming tomorrow goes as expected, Nrth cost me a fee Whopper
Don't like the Kangas, but against Wet Coke in those conditions after they'd copped a reaming for their efforts last week n their coach out with a back attack. You deserve to miss out on your whopper for being foolish enough to tip against them.
Should be in a tipping comp to win a salad sarnie instead of a cholesterol burger anyway, then it doesn't really matter if you miss out.

Had to re-check the scores after listening to the radio for a bit this evening. Yep, St.Kilda did lose by 10 goals.

Having people to push your barrow in the media must be worth plenty of $$ to clubs.

tommygun said:
Something about North, I can't watch them on TV. I find that I get bored watching them and I don't know why, does anyone else feel the same?

Yep, feel exactly the same way. Don't know why either.

rokkafella said:
Yep, feel exactly the same way. Don't know why either.

Wish we could play north again right now . They were ordinary again today I rekon , eagles lost that game themselves .

Mac said:
If Richmond fans dare to shake their head in disappointment after a loss, it's all "chortle chortle, it's microwave the membership time down at tigerland, guffaw guffaw!"
yep I know exactly what you mean, very annoying. In reality, tiger fans have been incredibly loyal during a long period.

What a great weekend of Football!

Is that a small begrudging bit of respect for the Tigers I detected from some of the media - Robbo & Derm ?
A week off for us now to bask in that great win! Great timing so we can consolidate & build on our season!

Lolz at the putrid Essendon performance and even more Lolz at their supporters attacking the players - no sympathy from me whatsoever! Ain't Karma a *smile*! More of the same please.

TigerTribe5 said:
What a great weekend of Football!

Is that a small begrudging bit of respect for the Tigers I detected from some of the media - Robbo & Derm ?
A week off for us now to bask in that great win! Great timing so we can consolidate & build on our season!

Lolz at the putrid Essendon performance and even more Lolz at their supporters attacking the players - no sympathy from me whatsoever! Ain't Karma a b!tch! More of the same please.
If we want to keep that growing and grudging respect then we need to come back and win after the bye.

Saw some Bomber supporter friends last night. A few years ago they loved their footy so much, talking incessantly about Hirdy and Lloydy. I said nothing about footy for a while, just sat there with a smirk on my face. Finally, when they brought the topic up, I asked innocently if they went to the game on Saturday night, it being their home game and all. Apparently, they are too busy to go these days.

Gotta love Essendon fans. They have all the resilience of treacle on a warm day.

What an unappealing game this arvo. I hope the Pies lay down and the Dees have a blinder to make it more enjoyable.

TOT70 said:
Saw some Bomber supporter friends last night. A few years ago they loved their footy so much, talking incessantly about Hirdy and Lloydy. I said nothing about footy for a while, just sat there with a smirk on my face. Finally, when they brought the topic up, I asked innocently if they went to the game on Saturday night, it being their home game and all. Apparently, they are too busy to go these days.

Gotta love Essendon fans. They have all the resilience of treacle on a warm day.
And yet Richmond fans are supposed to be the fickle ones.

TOT70 said:

IKR!

I too have been copping it for years from some Essendon supporting people (not really friends anymore) and I know it's a few years ago now but when we spoiled one of Hird's milestone games at the MCG (or maybe it was his last game way before all this ASADA stuff) I brought it up with them and they said "we don't really follow the footy any more". I don't discuss footy with them anymore - but I know they're hurting.

I'd go a bit harder TOT and say Essendon supporters are weak as *smile*!

funky said:
Jack watts thank god he doesnt play for us.

Look back a few years and the you'll fund the debates here that Watts would be as good as, or better than, Nic Nat, were quite numerous.

Watts was always a pea-heart.

Smoking Aces said:
I can't believe we lost to Melbourne.

Yer we should have beat them but there going ok now in the 2 nd against the scum pies .