R10 - the other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R10 - the other games

Tommy H said:
That wind down at Blundstone Arena....wow....

Good to see some footy impacted by the wind .... Almost impossible in the two Melb stadiums these days.

Though I wansnt saying that in the first quarter of the Port final :-\

What did people think of the Boomer Harvey 50 metre umpire stooge? I’m not being precious here, its gamesmanship/ cheating, whatever you want to call it. I’d be fine with it if it was us, and I’m not really against it ‘cos its them. What annoys me is that Harvey has been singled out and lauded for it. Jon Brown said it was ‘great leadership’. This is by the same media types, a herd of sheep, who have been tut-tutting players for staging for frees. To be fair, Dunstall said the umps should never guess and pay only what they see. I’d go further and say that if an ump actually spotted it, the free should be reversed, just to raise the stakes.

I’m not saying Harvey should be condemned for it, but he also shouldn’t be praised for it.

I got a laugh from it. Cheeky bastard. If Rance did it we'd be celebrating the joker he is.

Agree though that if the Ump had seen him do it the free and a subsequent 50 he asked for should be reversed.

Yeah agree regarding the lauding of it in the media. These are the same people that have a go at players for staging for free kicks. Don't see how this is any different.

tigersnake said:
What did people think of the Boomer Harvey 50 metre umpire stooge? I’m not being precious here, its gamesmanship/ cheating, whatever you want to call it. I’d be fine with it if it was us, and I’m not really against it ‘cos its them. What annoys me is that Harvey has been singled out and lauded for it. Jon Brown said it was ‘great leadership’. This is by the same media types, a herd of sheep, who have been tut-tutting players for staging for frees. To be fair, Dunstall said the umps should never guess and pay only what they see. I’d go further and say that if an ump actually spotted it, the free should be reversed, just to raise the stakes.

I’m not saying Harvey should be condemned for it, but he also shouldn’t be praised for it.

Was clever. The umps need to be awake to that type of cheek.

tigersnake said:

Not a fan of Harvey but thought it was great.

tigersnake said:

K Sheedy was doing this stuff 40 years ago too.

Bannister was the umpire. Seriously has no clue. Have seen him pay frees on guesswork such as this.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Yep, clever. Umpires don't like being made fools of though. Might cost him in the long run.

He is 390 odd games into his career. think he has beaten the long run.

tigersnake said:

Its cheating pure and simple, not sportsmanship, I think he should be condemned for it in the same way those staging are, or to make a comparison with cricket those who appeal when they know the umpire is correct.

IanG said:
Its cheating pure and simple, not sportsmanship, I think he should be condemned for it in the same way those staging are, or to make a comparison with cricket those who appeal when they know the umpire is correct.

Yep, a great player who IMO deminishes his talent by such acts. It was only the other week people on here were laying into Chaplain for 'staging' for a free, when he actually got a fair whack to the head, and yet people are now giving credit to Harvey...

IanG said:
Its cheating pure and simple, not sportsmanship

True but its wonderful to see a d!ckhead of an umpire get bent over, rogered and exposed to all and sundry as being an incompetent flog by an expert cheat.