Prospective ruckman ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prospective ruckman ?

Tigerdog said:
Ok slightly different kettle of fish... Nicnat does one thing well and does it very well... hits to advantage... apart from that he is useles around the ground except for once a year when he takes a mark of the year contender. If we had a ruckman like that we would all p!ss and moan all he does is hit it to advantage a bit

I think he's got real good hussle when he turns it on, Td. Awesome blue collar running defence.

Tigerdog said:
Ok slightly different kettle of fish... Nicnat does one thing well and does it very well... hits to advantage... apart from that he is useles around the ground except for once a year when he takes a mark of the year contender. If we had a ruckman like that we would all p!ss and moan all he does is hit it to advantage a bit

I think he's a fair bit better than that personally TDawg.

Tigerdog said:

You can't be serious? Observe his work around the contest. He's getting better by the year, he's an aghletic freak and has confidence and aggression. Would love to have a nic Nat

AMPS said:
You can't be serious? Observe his work around the contest. He's getting better by the year, he's an aghletic freak and has confidence and aggression. Would love to have a nic Nat

And yet this year he is averaging less than 12 possessions and less than a mark a game.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/N/Nic_Naitanui.html

Nicholls from the gold coast for me. IMO will develop into a top class footballer. Not sure of contract status though and does not appear to be their first choice.

Letsroar said:
Nicholls from the gold coast for me. IMO will develop into a top class footballer. Not sure of contract status though and does not appear to be their first choice.

Would like to get Nicholls too

Tigerdog said:
Sticks the ball down his mid fielders throats, hustles and bustles clear space through congestion for his players, takes a couple of MoY contenders n kicks an occasional snag.
Hate to see him become a decent footballer instead of just an athlete, he'd tear the comp a *smile* huge new one.
Simple raw stats rarely show the true value of some players n NicNats pretty bloody valuable.

Tigerdog said:
And yet this year he is averaging less than 12 possessions and less than a mark a game.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/N/Nic_Naitanui.html

Crazy. You watch him against tigers? Maric more possessions who won their little battle?

I suppose Rioli is ordinary too because he doesn't get it twenty times?

Not sure we need to spend big dollars on a ruckman, Hawthorn fave got by on generally average ruckman/ forwards with great success.

Zac Clarke would be a good get but Freo might want too much for him.

Cheaper options worth a look would include:
- Scott Lycett 203cm 103kg
- Jonathon Griffin 201cm 102kg
- Daniel Currie 201cm 96kg

Now that Robbie Warnock has been delisted what are the chances of Dimma wanting (in that DH said he only wants a ruck who is bigger than the current rucks he has @ 200cm)?

tigertim said:
Now that Robbie Warnock has been delisted what are the chances of Dimma wanting (in that DH said he only wants a ruck who is bigger than the current rucks he has @ 200cm)?

News in that Warnock has retired....

I reckon he'd pass on him anyway, tap ruck who does nothing around the ground, we have Hampson for this.

antman said:
News in that Warnock has retired....

I reckon he'd pass on him anyway, tap ruck who does nothing around the ground, we have Hampson for this.

Retired? Sorry I thought he was delisted.

tigertim said:
Retired? Sorry I thought he was delisted.

He was delisted yesterday, someone on PRE said he had retired today after medical advice but I can't find confirmation of that

I love Ivan, heart and soul player. One of these guys you just want to see do well because he gives everything he has.

However if there is even a 2% chance of snaring Goldstein as a free agent next year I would throw a whole shop of kitchen sinks at him.

Sintiger said:
I love Ivan, heart and soul player. One of these guys you just want to see do well because he gives everything he has.

However if there is even a 2% chance of snaring Goldstein as a free agent next year I would throw a whole shop of kitchen sinks at him.

Agree. Goldstein has only just turned 27 (July 2015) he still has plenty left in him. Forget about kitchen sinks, throw the whole house at him.
Have still got the one Troy Taylor wanted? ;D