Prospective ruckman ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prospective ruckman ?

DirtyDogTiger said:
Yes for DDT.
All Australian u18 ruck in 2010.
He just needs some tuition at tigerland from the Blade

http://cha-cdn220-is-2.se.bponlinewoc2264.ngcdn.telstra.com/platform_release/704/817/FS_GCS_GORRINGE_GOAL_Q4_RD21_S_1442897249__846108.mp4

Delisted Rucks from other clubs

Warnock, Gorringe, Jamar, Redden (Port) , A.Cordy

Pretty thin on the ground apart from Gorringe

I'm interested in Gorringe. Still only 22, and will provide coverage (and may even turn out to be better than cover).

Did the crows or port have any interest in him at all last trade season or was it just a case of him wishing to return home .

Kaelan said:
Did the crows or port have any interest in him at all last trade season or was it just a case of him wishing to return home .
Port did until they got Ryder, then they decided not to get him.

Leysy Days said:
Can leysy ask why is every *smile*er so keen on Gorringe?

Because if he comes as DFA we get him for nothing.
He's an u18 all Aus ruckman
Hes mobile and can play the game around the ground too.
He hasn't had a chance to establish or ruin his early career promise.
It's a calculated risk but s one year deal at the equivalent of pick 100 IS worth the risk of getting a pretty decent young ruck.
We can't lose if we take him, but we could be massive winners.

I'd compare it to putting $10 in a $5 million lottery.
No big Deal if we miss but feeling great if we win.

Leysy Days said:
Can leysy ask why is every *smile*er so keen on Gorringe?
I'd say it's because people here are desperate for a ruck man (apparently Ivan now has to take the field in an iron lung) and Gorringe seems to be about the only one available. Plus his name does rhyme with orange.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Because if he comes as DFA we get him for nothing.
He's an u18 all Aus ruckman
Hes mobile and can play the game around the ground too.
He hasn't had a chance to establish or ruin his early career promise.
It's a calculated risk but s one year deal at the equivalent of pick 100 IS worth the risk of getting a pretty decent young ruck.
We can't lose if we take him, but we could be massive winners.

I'd compare it to putting $10 in a $5 million lottery.
No big Deal if we miss but feeling great if we win.

Wouldn't we want to invest our time and resources into a ruckman that has actually performed at any level during the past 5 years.

Daniel is 23 now. If he had any ability he'd be performing far better than he has in a comp like the NEAFL.

If we are to get a ruck in, much prefer we get someone who actually has some runs on the board on the field in the past half decade.

Hey lovers! (I am trying to sound cool like Washington from Hill St Blues)

Are we expected to announce any DFA signings any time soon?

Leysy Days said:
Wouldn't we want to invest our time and resources into a ruckman that has actually performed at any level during the past 5 years.

Daniel is 23 now. If he had any ability he'd be performing far better than he has in a comp like the NEAFL.

If we are to get a ruck in, much prefer we get someone who actually has some runs on the board on the field in the past half decade.

Do you mean like Leuenberger, Zac Smith, Dan Currie, Callum Sinclair, Andrew Philips or Jon Giles ?

btw Philips is the only one of the them who will be under 26 by the 2016 NAB Challenge...

pumped said:
Do you mean like Leuenberger, Zac Smith, Dan Currie, Callum Sinclair, Andrew Philips or Jon Giles ?
Geez! There's some bloody cream among that lot. Problem is I think most of it might have curdled.

TigerMasochist said:
Geez! There's some bloody cream among that lot. Problem is I think most of it might have curdled.

They're a separate species the ruckmen, with a parallel economy

We have 2 ruckman on the main list that are 28+ (not including griffiths or Vickery)
We have Soldo who is 3-4 years away from being #1 Ruckman if he even gets to that level

We Need a 20/21 year old Ruckman that has a mature body that has potential to become #1 Ruck and be able to fill in incase both Hampson/Maric get inured

Darcy Cameron fills that need and for a Rookie pick cant go wrong

Carlton signed Gorringe

Time will tell if they were right.
I don't know if our club made any attempt.

I get the feeling our club are happy with our rucks.
Again .... time will tell if they are right.