Prime Minister Poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prime Minister Poll

Would you like this man to be our next Prime Minister?

• No

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • A cheese sandwich would be a better option

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Liverpool said:
u2tigers...

I told you mate :rofl

You and U2 need to get a room.

Liverpool said:
Rosy...I can read you like a book 8-

At least I'm honest...I don't purport to be a mind reader either. Once you've provided the requested facts about lies and $5000 I'm happy to discuss it. At least I'll know what you're on about then.

Azza said:
Or we can criticise both as needs be, and hope that one of the major parties blink and offer us something better.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I see some of you criticise BOTH :cutelaugh but I do agree somewhat that both parties do not have leaders that inspire.

I've said before that I am not the biggest fan of Abbott but I will stick up for him on here when I can see what he means yet his policies and ideas are being overwhelmed by pettiness over grammar or spelling or deliberately twisting what he is saying/meaning instead of looking at what he is alluding to.

This Aboriginal one is a perfect example.....to me and I am sure others, its pretty clear that ''I think it would be terrific if, as well as having an urban Aboriginal in our Parliament, we had an Aboriginal person from central Australia, an authentic representative of the ancient cultures of central Australia in the Parliament" is meaning having an Aboriginal represent Aborigines in the city and another Aboriginal representing more traditional Aborigines who still live a more primitive existence.

We have now had numerous pages from the ALP orcs on here deriding what was said and busy twisting grammar around and carrying on but nothing about the policy or what Abbott is trying to provide the Aboriginal population?

I can see why these people voted Rudd back in 2007 and probably Gillard in the last election....they get swept up in shallowness and pettiness without looking at the big picture.

rosy23 said:
At least I'm honest...I don't purport to be a mind reader either. Once you've provided the requested facts about lies and $5000 I'm happy to discuss it. At least I'll know what you're on about then.

Yeah...its funny you always claim ignorance when there is any hint of Julia or the ALP in the wrong and you want articles and facts.
When provided, you usually use the "I don't have time to read links" or "I only want people's opinions not articles"

Anything about Abbott or the Libs and you're onto it quicker than a seagull on a left over sandwich...even posting the articles yourself! :rofl

Just type in "Gillard $5000" into Google and read to your hearts content :)

Liverpool said:
This Aboriginal one is a perfect example.....to me and I am sure others, its pretty clear that ''I think it would be terrific if, as well as having an urban Aboriginal in our Parliament, we had an Aboriginal person from central Australia, an authentic representative of the ancient cultures of central Australia in the Parliament" is meaning having an Aboriginal represent Aborigines in the city and another Aboriginal representing more traditional Aborigines who still live a more primitive existence

Some fantastic head-in-the-sand spin there Livers, but how do you explain this then.

At a dinner on Saturday, Mr Abbott reportedly described Mr Wyatt, who won the Perth seat of Hasluck at the 2010 election, as a good bloke but ''not a man of culture''.

Liverpool said:
Ease up there big fella...I don't bat for that team :rofl

me neither.

sorry mate, i just got scared of the alternative that popped in my head.

I apologise for the last few posts, and the thread shouldn't go this way.

Rosy I ask you delete your troll post. and the posts that references them to get back on topic.

antman said:
Some fantastic head-in-the-sand spin there Livers, but how do you explain this then.

Well, maybe (I say MAYBE) it means he thinks Wyatt doesn't like ballet, art galleries, and poetry recitals ;)

or maybe he is alluding to Wyatt being more of an urban Aboriginal who may understand the plight of Aborigines in the city and the battles they face but wouldn't know one end of a spear from the other? or that kangaroo meat doesn't come from the deli section at Safeway?

Who knows....

Liverpool said:
Yeah...its funny you always claim ignorance when there is any hint of Julia or the ALP in the wrong and you want articles and facts.
When provided, you usually use the "I don't have time to read links" or "I only want people's opinions not articles"

Anything about Abbott or the Libs and you're onto it quicker than a seagull on a left over sandwich...even posting the articles yourself! :rofl

Just type in "Gillard $5000" into Google and read to your hearts content :)

Crap. I've asked you to post what you're on about so I can discuss it. You've raised issues and accused me of ignoring them. I'm not going to type anything in and have a guess at what you're questioning about lies and money. If you can't tell me just change the subject and throw in a few red herrings as you usually do.

U2Tigers said:
me neither.

sorry mate, i just got scared of the alternative that popped in my head.

I apologise for the last few posts, and the thread shouldn't go this way.

Rosy I ask you delete your troll post. and the posts that references them to get back on topic.

Pretty ordinary for you to have a crack at me then ask me to remove my post a couple of sentences later. My comment was just a light hearted response to Livers post. Methinks you protesteth to much. Your confession about Livers might be the start of something beautiful. :hearton

U2Tigers said:
Given the history, it's hard to take your posts any differently then I did.

Let's get back on topic none the less

I don't care how you take them...much more interested in your revelation about Livers. It explains a lot.

Liverpool said:
Who cares about some petty "gaffe" that an opposition leader makes when YOUR Prime Minister lies to the Australian people on national TV and pockets $5000 into her account through dodgy and corrupt union deals with ex-boyfriends?

Apart from trying to work out what you're on about I'd like to see the evidence of that being the case because it could be libelous to claim something as fact if it isn't.

Liverpool said:
but has good policies (say Aborigines or women, come to mind)....or a PM that may be more articulate with her speeches but can stare down a camera and lie to the faces of the Australian people or have her hand in the cookie jar when it comes to her corrupt union buddies?

what 'good policies' does Abbott have in regards to Indigenous Australians? or women?

also are you suggesting that Abbott doesnt lie? do i need to remind you of his efforts in regard to whether he had read the BHP report when they decided not to expand their mine? that was as blatant lying as I have seen.

rosy23 said:
I don't care how you take them...much more interested in your revelation about Livers. It explains a lot.

Pretty easy to understand. The alternative that popped into my head is far far more scarier.

Not sure what it explains though.

Have you finished baiting me personally yet?

U2Tigers said:
Have you finished baiting me personally yet?

I'm only responding to your comments in case you haven't noticed. Talk about dish it out but can't take it. :blah

P.S. The alternative you allude to was never there. All in your mind.

rosy23 said:
Crap. I've asked you to post what you're on about so I can discuss it. You've raised issues and accused me of ignoring them. I'm not going to type anything in and have a guess at what you're questioning about lies and money. If you can't tell me just change the subject and throw in a few red herrings as you usually do.

Nah, its not crap at all...I've dealt with you many times before ;)

As I said...type in "Gillard $5000" into Google and read whatever article from whatever paper that suits you then you can tell us your opinion on the said matter.

Its been mentioned on most of the main newspapers and other media sites, so I am sure you can find the said topic and provide your opinion on it.

Liverpool said:
Nah, its not crap at all...I've dealt with you many times before ;)

As I said...type in "Gillard $5000" into Google and read whatever article from whatever paper that suits you then you can tell us your opinion on the said matter.

Its been mentioned on most of the main newspapers and other media sites, so I am sure you can find the said topic and provide your opinion on it.

Mentioned in politics by no means indicates it's reality. You posted something as fact. I'll discuss that specifically when you provide the evidence.

Liverpool said:
Well, maybe (I say MAYBE) it means he thinks Wyatt doesn't like ballet, art galleries, and poetry recitals ;)

or maybe he is alluding to Wyatt being more of an urban Aboriginal who may understand the plight of Aborigines in the city and the battles they face but wouldn't know one end of a spear from the other? or that kangaroo meat doesn't come from the deli section at Safeway?

Who knows....

OK, I've finally got it. When Tony Abbott says something remotely capable of spin, you'll spin it, saying "all reasonable people would understand he meant this". When he says something indefensible you'll say that you don't understand what he meant by it.