Prime Minister Poll | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Prime Minister Poll

Would you like this man to be our next Prime Minister?

• No

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • A cheese sandwich would be a better option

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
rosy23 said:
I'm only responding to your comments in case you haven't noticed. Talk about dish it out but can't take it. :blah

P.S. The alternative you allude to was never there. All in your mind.

thank christ for that.

you are responding to all the posts after your initial post. that wasn't a response to me.

Brodders17 said:
what 'good policies' does Abbott have in regards to Indigenous Australians? or women?

also are you suggesting that Abbott doesnt lie? do i need to remind you of his efforts in regard to whether he had read the BHP report when they decided not to expand their mine? that was as blatant lying as I have seen.

Indigenous policy: http://www.liberal.org.au/sites/default/files/ccd/Indigenous%20Australians%20Policy.pdf

Its only 8 pages long so won't take long to read but has some good points.

As for women...the Paid Parental Scheme has been recognised as superior to the ALPs from some quarters: http://www.liberal.org.au/sites/default/files/ccd/Paid%20Parental%20Policy.pdf

Only 14 pages so can be skimmed by anyone interested.

As for lying...never said Abbott hasn't lied but he isn't our PM and making the decisions, is he?
To me, the onus should be squarely on the Government in power not the Opposition.
This thread attempts to debunk this somehow :cutelaugh

rosy23 said:
Mentioned in politics by no means indicates it's reality. You posted something as fact. I'll discuss that specifically when you provide the evidence.

I look forward to your twists in the near future then.

As for Gillard's "lies" and telling the Australian people there would be no carbon tax under a Government she lead....thoughts/opinions? or do you need further evidence there too? :hihi

antman said:
OK, I've finally got it. When Tony Abbott says something remotely capable of spin, you'll spin it, saying "all reasonable people would understand he meant this". When he says something indefensible you'll say that you don't understand what he meant by it.

I'm not Abbott so I can't speak for him....I have provided my interpretation on what was said and you can go from there.

The racial intolerance thread went cold cause everyone got sick of livers romper stomper routine and hes just fired up the over-simplified, under-thought, budgie smuggling'o'phile rubbish over here. Im off ...... again.

tigergollywog said:
The racial intolerance thread went cold cause everyone got sick of livers romper stomper routine and hes just fired up the over-simplified, under-thought, budgie smuggling'o'phile rubbish over here. Im off ...... again.

.....until next time :wave

tigergollywog said:

its just as bad from both sides on here.

Liverpool said:
I look forward to your twists in the near future then.

As for Gillard's "lies" and telling the Australian people there would be no carbon tax under a Government she lead....thoughts/opinions? or do you need further evidence there too? :hihi

If you don't show us the evidence of what you claim as fact about the $5000 it's you who's doing the twist.

I have no issues with the carbon tax comment. Situations and circumstances change and I'm sure when she made it she wasn't aware she's be so restricted due to the way the election panned out with the hung parliament. You raise this "lies" matter quite often. What do you actually think about it? You accuse others of being one sided yet I notice you conveniently ignoring the fact Tony Abbott broke an election promise too. Remember his " rock-solid iron-clad commitment" on the Medicare Safety Net? What do you think about that? You're not showing much balance. I doubt too many governments stick to their promises 100%. I don't really expect them to sit on their hands when the goal posts move.

rosy23 said:
If you don't show us the evidence of what you claim as fact about the $5000 it's you who's doing the twist.

I have no issues with the carbon tax comment. Situations and circumstances change and I'm sure when she made it she wasn't aware she's be so restricted due to the way the election panned out with the hung parliament. You raise this "lies" matter quite often. What do you actually think about it? You accuse others of being one sided yet I notice you conventionally ignoring the fact Tony Abbott broke an election promise too. Remember his " rock-solid iron-clad commitment" on the Medicare Safety Net? What do you think about that? You're not showing much balance. I doubt too many governments stick to their promises 100%. I don't really expect them to sit on their hands when the goal posts move.

I don't need to show balance...I'm openly a Liberal voter, I don't want the ALP in power and I have made it very clear for years on here....it is YOU who has in the past stated you don't support any particular party and vote for the one with the best policies, yet seem very one-sided in your opinions, posts, and articles ;)
Balanced my arse :cutelaugh

As for Abbott and the medicare safety net...or even Howard and the GST....I'm sure "situations and circumstances changed" for them too...you know....two can play the same game Rosy ;D

Liverpool said:
I'm not Abbott so I can't speak for him....I have provided my interpretation on what was said and you can go from there.

It's a poor basis for an argument to explain only those statements from that can bear your "interpretation" and ignore the others that don't.

Another name for this is intellectual dishonesty.

Liverpool said:
As for lying...never said Abbott hasn't lied but he isn't our PM and making the decisions, is he?
To me, the onus should be squarely on the Government in power not the Opposition.
This thread attempts to debunk this somehow :cutelaugh

history shows Abbott lies when in opposition and when in Government.
history shows the Libs lied when they were in government.

some on this thread attempt to ignore this somehow :cutelaugh

antman said:
It's a poor basis for an argument to explain only those statements from that can bear your "interpretation" and ignore the others that don't.

Another name for this is intellectual dishonesty.

You asked me what Abbott meant about a "man with no culture" and I've provided my opinion/interpretation on that line.

If you don't like it or disagree....more power to you.

Brodders17 said:
history shows Abbott lies when in opposition and when in Government.
history shows the Libs lied when they were in government.

some on this thread attempt to ignore this somehow :cutelaugh

No, some on here ignore any lies, deceit, corruption, or incompetence when it comes to the Gillard government

Liverpool said:
As for Abbott and the medicare safety net...or even Howard and the GST....I'm sure "situations and circumstances changed" for them too...you know....two can play the same game Rosy ;D

howard and the GST i agree.
Abbott used a report as justification for changing medicare. a report he admitted he had before the election. there was no change in circumstances between sticking to his policy before the election and changing it after the election.

Liverpool said:

That was my point. You're obsessed by who I vote for but you wouldn't have a clue. I wasn't only referring to Labor. It's you making it a Labor-Lib thing on my behalf. What I said probably applies to all political parties. I wouldn't expect them to have every plan set in concrete. It's you who continually raises the Labor carbon tax claims while ignoring the fact the Libs have done similar things themselves. I didn't criticise either for the shift from their promises although I do think the situations were somewhat different with the Libs not being hamstrung by a hung parliament. Just so we all know, what exactly is the "game" you're playing?

Liverpool said:
You asked me what Abbott meant about a "man with no culture" and I've provided my opinion/interpretation on that line.

If you don't like it or disagree....more power to you.

Actually, you gave a flippant response because an honest one would reveal Tony's problems.

Like I said, intellectual dishonesty.

rosy23 said:
That was my point. You're obsessed by who I vote for but you wouldn't have a clue.

Only because you try and hide it and claim "balanced" yet aren't very discreet about it from the posts you type and articles you put up....while claiming ignorance and needing forensic and scientific proof and CSI Miami-style evidence to prove anything said against the beloved ALP ;)

Come out of the closet Rosy...be proud of who you vote for :hihi

rosy23 said:
I didn't criticise either for the shift from their promises although I do think the situations were somewhat different with the Libs not being hamstrung by a hung parliament. Just so we all know, what exactly is the "game" you're playing?

Oh, the game of "circumstances changed" when it comes to lies...the hung parliament is your excuse regarding the carbon tax.

What about her promise to Wilkie regarding the poker machine reforms?
Lies, no?

Or when she said boats were going to go to East Timor after she spoke to the PM there....yet when the East Timorese PM was asked about it, he knew nothing of the sort?
More lies, no?

These two examples are nothing to do with a hung parliament, so looking forward to seeing the excuses for these lies now :spin

antman said:
Actually, you gave a flippant response because an honest one would reveal Tony's problems.

Like I said, intellectual dishonesty.

My first line was a bit tongue in cheek but I think my second option wasn't far off the mark, to be honest:

antman said:
Some fantastic head-in-the-sand spin there Livers, but how do you explain this then.

At a dinner on Saturday, Mr Abbott reportedly described Mr Wyatt, who won the Perth seat of Hasluck at the 2010 election, as a good bloke but ''not a man of culture''.
Liverpool said:
Well, maybe (I say MAYBE) it means he thinks Wyatt doesn't like ballet, art galleries, and poetry recitals ;)

or maybe he is alluding to Wyatt being more of an urban Aboriginal who may understand the plight of Aborigines in the city and the battles they face but wouldn't know one end of a spear from the other? or that kangaroo meat doesn't come from the deli section at Safeway?

Who knows....

Again, if you don't like my response or disagree...so be it..

It's not my excuse. It was an example of unpredicted circumstances. I don't think a change of direction is exclusive to any political party. I've indicated I think the same can apply to both parties. It's you who only refers to one party doing it. It's you doing the complaining about one party while ignoring the same behaviour in another.

As for forensic and scientific proof where is the evidence to support your potentially libelous claims about the $5000? You state it happened so you should be able to back it up.

Liverpool said:
My first line was a bit tongue in cheek but I think my second option wasn't far off the mark, to be honest:

Fair enough pool-man.

Liverpool said:
Again, if you don't like my response or disagree...so be it..

It's not a matter of "liking" or "disagreeing" - it's whether it supports your argument or not. But anyways, we've probably flogged this dead horse long enough. Moving on.