Premier League 2022/2023/2024/2025 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Premier League 2022/2023/2024/2025

Never been a big soccer fan, but you're right, it is infectious.

I find myself watching all these TH fan podcasts and how they speak about being the laughing stock of the EPL, and derided with terms like SPURSY.... which apparently means you choke or just fall short!

I have a strange affinity with them now and because of Ange.... I really wanna see them win every week!

The whole "Spursy" thing is a bit of a myth. We have won more points from a losing position in games than any other team in the premier league era. Sure, you can argue the whole lack of trophy thing, but we're not alone on that one. Its harder to win trophies in the modern era, than its ever been. Just look at Arsenal... They led the league by 8 points last March (who's the "Spursy" team again?).

Happy for Ange P, but Spurs are an awful club. Maybe he can shift the culture there a little? good luck to him.

I'm the first to admit that our fans can be a bit floggy when it comes to the way they carry on. They remind me of Richmond in the dark days when the fans turned on the club and coach at the drop of a hat. I said a couple of month ago half the battle is Ange getting the fans onside. But I also think we have been pretty measured so far, despite being on top. Might be different if we are still on top in 6 months.

The way he's going Ange will have some of the biggest clubs in Europe knocking on his door with massive offers. Good on him.

This is already starting to cross my mind. How long will Pep hang around at Citeh? Especially now that he has achieved his main goal? How long will Klopp hang around at Liverpool? I know they are both younger than Ange, but they have been at their respective clubs for a long time...

Reactions: 2 users
I'm the first to admit that our fans can be a bit floggy when it comes to the way they carry on. They remind me of Richmond in the dark days when the fans turned on the club and coach at the drop of a hat. I said a couple of month ago half the battle is Ange getting the fans onside. But I also think we have been pretty measured so far, despite being on top. Might be different if we are still on top in 6 months.
I found a baseball bat (of all things) with "Spurs F.C." carved into it just off the Kings Rd near Chelseas ground in the mid 90s.
Daniel Levy is an interesting type.... to say the least.
One issue the club might face is the $1.2 Billion$ in debt they have, the biggest of all European clubs.. I think?

Ange P is doing a great job on the pitch and with the fans. I think he was always going to. Likeable bloke.

doesn't mean I'm more interested in them ;)

Up The Villa ! ...(my Grandmother was born in Aston, Birmingham ... so I had little choice)..

Reactions: 1 user

Gee wizz Leicester are so dominant at this stage of the season. Looking good for a straight return to the EPL.

Newly promoted Ipswich Town perhaps a bit of surprise packet. The league has turned into a race of two at this point. Quite a gap from 2nd to the rest. Obviously a long way to go, but I keep looking for signs of Ipswich faltering and coming back to the pack, but they keep getting the job done.

Leeds and Southampton now starting to come into some form, after slow starts, looking for a straight return to top flight football.

Last edited:
Spurs win again despite a late goal against at Palace. 2-1 with Soon scoring again, another own goal have them the lead. Massive possesion again but relatively few chances.

Chelsea next - Return of the Poch

The way he's going Ange will have some of the biggest clubs in Europe knocking on his door with massive offers. Good on him.

After just losing to Brentford 0-2 at Stamford Bridge, I'll bet Chelsea are kicking themselves for not going for Ange.

Good performance by the Wolvies today drawing 2-2 with the Geordies after having to endure some shocking refereeing. Thought I was watching a Richmond game at one point given the reaming we got from the referee.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Spurs win again despite a late goal against at Palace. 2-1 with Soon scoring again, another own goal have them the lead. Massive possesion again but relatively few chances.

Chelsea next - Return of the Poch

thought it was our worst performance of the season. Just moved the ball too slowly. Ange made some good points about the lack of fluidity in the front third. Ange-Ball hasn't clicked yet. Johnson needs to start against Chelsea.

Also, I have no idea how their goal was allowed to stand. Sorta feels like we are being punished for what happened against Liverpool.

thought it was our worst performance of the season. Just moved the ball too slowly. Ange made some good points about the lack of fluidity in the front third. Ange-Ball hasn't clicked yet. Johnson needs to start against Chelsea.

Also, I have no idea how their goal was allowed to stand. Sorta feels like we are being punished for what happened against Liverpool.
good news though, Chelsea still stinking it up so Spurs should get a result in that game.

Manu totally dire against Citeh, questions really have to be asked about Ten Hag's tenure at this point. Just a team of talented and not so talented individuals right now.

good news though, Chelsea still stinking it up so Spurs should get a result in that game.

Manu totally dire against Citeh, questions really have to be asked about Ten Hag's tenure at this point. Just a team of talented and not so talented individuals right now.

We all know its still early days, but there is already a 9 point gap on 6th place. Top 4 should be the minimum target from here. 72 is points is usually enough for 4th spot, which means 46 points from 28 games. Should be a shoe in for champions league... especially now that top 5 is likely to get you in.

Terrible situation for Liverpool's Luis Diaz with reports his parents were kidnapped, Mother released but Father still missing

• Wow
in more bad / sad news for Liverpool supporters, there is every chance Erik The Dud will be sacked before Liverpool v ManUre at Anfield on Dec 18.

Will rob us of the chance to put 20 past him in 2 games

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
in more bad / sad news for Liverpool supporters, there is every chance Erik The Dud will be sacked before Liverpool v ManUre at Anfield on Dec 18.

yes, can't see him lasting too much longer. Zizou rumoured as a replacement despite the language barrier

I get the sense this was probably a better quality game all around than watching the likes of Luton, Sheffield Utd and Burnley playing amongst each other.

Leicester 0, Leeds 1.

yes, can't see him lasting too much longer. Zizou rumoured as a replacement despite the language barrier
Do you think a loss to Fulham could see it happen Ant ? Or do you think another home loss will be the bolt n the trap door?

Man U problems start & end with the owners. This sale or partial sale dragging on & on paralysing the club...I'm not a MU fan so don't mind it continuing but manner of recent performances, losses humbling

Scousers fans be happy then I take it, even though any win for Man U is not agreeable to LFC fans I'm certain.

And we thought the officiating in the AFL was bad.
Oliver just ruined a bloody good game. No way that was a red to Romero.