Premier League 2022/2023/2024/2025 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Premier League 2022/2023/2024/2025

undefeated and top of the league after 8 games. We are more advanced than i thought we would be. In hindsight,. the premier league is the richest league in the world and footballers on these wages should be able to adapt to a new system quicker than most. I thought we would be top 6 in season 1. top 3 in season 2 and challenging in season 3.

I'm not saying we're gonna challenge for the league this year. We just don't have the depth and it will come to bite us in the bum at some point. But from here, we should be challenging for champions league and we should be targeting a deep run in the FA cup. Also, the January transfer window is gonna be vitally important. We desperately need that backup CB and we need more creativeness in the midfield.
That Spurs win was a bit of a tease in the end. Luton could've scored and drawn the game as the Spurs defence just played around with the ball too much. Bit lucky Ange.

Couldn't be happier for Ange. Would be good to see what his loudest detractors for the Spurs job are saying now. There will be a loss soon and there's a good chance there will be a big loss, but there's no doubt that as a manager he belongs in the EPL. The connection his team seem to have and with every player playing their role and trusting each other to do what's needed is very Richmond 2017ish.

1696808569159.png

Reactions: 2 users
As an Arsenal fan I hope the spuds get relegated, however having watched quite a few of their games this year they are playing the type of football that can challenge Man City for the title if not this year but next year. Not only does Ange belong in the EPL, he is currently bossing it.

Ange is doing so well that I feel sorry for the club that tries to emulate Spurs and signs on Graham Arnold as their manager.

• Haha
undefeated and top of the league after 8 games. We are more advanced than i thought we would be. In hindsight,. the premier league is the richest league in the world and footballers on these wages should be able to adapt to a new system quicker than most. I thought we would be top 6 in season 1. top 3 in season 2 and challenging in season 3.

I'm not saying we're gonna challenge for the league this year. We just don't have the depth and it will come to bite us in the bum at some point. But from here, we should be challenging for champions league and we should be targeting a deep run in the FA cup. Also, the January transfer window is gonna be vitally important. We desperately need that backup CB and we need more creativeness in the midfield.

Yeah, depth is the issue. The starting 11 is great. They need a big striker to complement Son, Richarlison won't cut it I feel. Son is great but he may get injured and he's not going to nail a big header from a corner.

Ange is doing so well that I feel sorry for the club that tries to emulate Spurs and signs on Graham Arnold as their manager.

Muscat rumoured to be in with a shot at the Rangers job - he did play at Rangers and he's a good manager, doing well with Ange's old side Yokohama F Marinos.

That Spurs win was a bit of a tease in the end. Luton could've scored and drawn the game as the Spurs defence just played around with the ball too much. Bit lucky Ange.

And we could have been 3-0 up inside 10 minutes. That's football.

It didn't come down to luck. it was a very professional performance with 10 men. Luton were barely a threat in the final 30 minutes.

Arnold was offered the Hibs gig and turned it dowen. He's 60 now. He'll never get the chance to coach in Europe now. As @AngryAnt said, Kev might end up at Rangers if they are willing to wait til the end of the J-League season (last game is on December 3).

Yeah, depth is the issue. The starting 11 is great. They need a big striker to complement Son, Richarlison won't cut it I feel. Son is great but he may get injured and he's not going to nail a big header from a corner.

I think the front 3 need to be more dynamic. Son, Richarlison and Johnson can all play wide or centrally. Kulucevski plays central midfield for Sweden. They should be switching in game to be more unpredictable. Its another layer Ange will no doubt adopt at some point.

Reactions: 1 user
I think the front 3 need to be more dynamic. Son, Richarlison and Johnson can all play wide or centrally. Kulucevski plays central midfield for Sweden. They should be switching in game to be more unpredictable. Its another layer Ange will no doubt adopt at some point.

Didn't know that about Kulucevski, I did know he's run more kilometres than anyone else in the Prem so far (data from a week or two ago). He was outstanding playing up front and holding the ball in the last third of the match.

On the front three yes - Ange tried Richi in the centre and that failed, then Son got the job done. Brennan is another option when he's fit. They talk about Bryan Gil as an attacking winger but I haven't seen him play, thoughts Ian? Also Betancur to come back soon.

On the front three yes - Ange tried Richi in the centre and that failed, then Son got the job done. Brennan is another option when he's fit. They talk about Bryan Gil as an attacking winger but I haven't seen him play, thoughts Ian? Also Betancur to come back soon.

I've never seen Gil (pronounced Hill) play. he was out on loan last season. But in the pods I've been listening to, he is more of a traditional left sided winger who likes to stay wide and get in behind (as opposed to Kulucevski, Son and Solomon who are more inverted wingers).

Bentancur has started training with the main squad, but is still 3-4 weeks away.

• Love
Yeah, Ange has been 'a bit lucky' all season.

Where are all the punters who bet on Spurs being relegated and Ange losing his job gone?

Bueller? Bueller?

hahaha ....not so rubbish that your mangy vagabonds couldn't win on home turf.
You were lucky Neto missed that sitter. As for home turf, you’re only travelling 20 minutes from one of Wolverhampton’s disadvantaged outer suburbs !

Last edited:
Couldn't be happier for Ange. Would be good to see what his loudest detractors for the Spurs job are saying now. There will be a loss soon and there's a good chance there will be a big loss, but there's no doubt that as a manager he belongs in the EPL. The connection his team seem to have and with every player playing their role and trusting each other to do what's needed is very Richmond 2017ish.

View attachment 20788
He didn't have too many detractors for the Spurs job. Bucket loads for the Celtic job though.

He didn't have too many detractors for the Spurs job. Bucket loads for the Celtic job though.

Nah, had plenty. Most from Spurs but also the English media.

The usual insular English mindset that anyone outside the big leagues of Europe are no good.

Juist do a search on Twitter for #NoToPostecoglou who a lot of the Spurs fans were driving when his appointment was imminent.

no, he had plenty of Spurs fans and commentators who predicted he would fail, although they are all on the Ange bus now.

The Prem is not the Scottish league don't ya know.

no, he had plenty of Spurs fans and commentators who predicted he would fail, although they are all on the Ange bus now.

The Prem is not the Scottish league don't ya know.
I reckon those Mad Scottish fans would be more of a concern then EPL fans for coaches :))

You were lucky Neto missed that sitter. As for home turf, you’re only travelling 20 minutes from one of Wolverhampton’s disadvantaged outer suburbs !
hahaha... yeah well I haven't had a chance to watch the game yet but Villa usually needs a bit of luck.
Hey 'there's no place like home' is more than just small talk.