Premier League 2022/2023/2024/2025 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Premier League 2022/2023/2024/2025

And we thought the officiating in the AFL was bad.
Oliver just ruined a bloody good game. No way that was a red to Romero.

I thought it was a borderline red. Sorta of like a yellow and a half. If the ref had given a straight red, i would have accepted it. But the VAR changing it to a red is what I hate. There is no way that is a clear and obvious error. The VAR re-refereed it. plain and simple.

And yes, Oliver ruined the game. Chelsea were overly physical early and he let them get away with it. Numerous free kicks not given in the first 20 minutes. We were dumb for reacting to it, no doubt. And we need to be better. But if Oliver controls the game, it might have been a different game.

Anyway, we move on. the loss was always coming. The injuries and suspensions will be far worse for us than that result. I fear the VDV hammy will be a 2-3 month injury as opposed to 2-3 weeks. We might have to play an 18 year old at CB this week.

Reactions: 1 users
Is the Ange holiday over?
Lol, only took 2 losses for someone to post this. It was just a matter of whom.

You must have been growing impatient having to wait 12 weeks into the season to type it.

Considering that we're third and Ange is only getting started, I'm ecstatic with how we're going. It was always going to be difficult considering the lack of depth in the squad.

Ange is the way.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol, only took 2 losses for someone to post this. It was just a matter of whom.

You must have been growing impatient having to wait 12 weeks into the season to type it.

Considering that we're third and Ange is only getting started, I'm ecstatic with how we're going. It was always going to be difficult considering the lack of depth in the squad.

Ange is the way.
Wrong assumption. I like Ange. My Scouser BIL was waiting for this....in which I kept giggling to. Just wondering what the short circuited Spurs fans feel when they see 2 losses in a row after an early hype of success.

Just wondering what the short circuited Spurs fans feel when they see 2 losses in a row after an early hype of success.
No the hype is real Forcesnips. Even though they lost to a team like Wolves who have less than half the team salary of Spurts, and with their best player out too (Neto), I still believe Tossedadogpoo can get them into the top 10. :ROFLMAO:

deserved win by Wolves, but Angeball is not dead yet!!

Despite conceding twice in injury time, we still deserved to lose. We were completely outplayed, and our midfield was non-existent. Ange-Ball was non-existent.

We got a good look at our backup players on Saturday night, and they are not up to it. We already knew this, but Saturday night reinforced it. The January transfer window will be crucial.

While I am not blaming Dier and Davies for this result, it is evident they cannot start together. We have 2 weeks to get one of Phillips or Dorrington ready for the big time. I was really surprised one of them didn’t on Saturday. Ange went too conservative in his starting lineup.

Just wondering what the short circuited Spurs fans feel when they see 2 losses in a row after an early hype of success.

Yep, some of them lost their 5hit on the socials.

I am in a spurs messenger group. We are all Australian and we expected this reaction after a couple of losses. I’m not shy to admit that many Spurs fans are flogs (I have said this about Richmond fans in the past).

But what really surprises me, is a distinct lack of knowledge and understanding of the game and tactics. You would think people (who in all likelihood) have grown up following the game due to their location, would have a good knowledge of the game. But nup. So many clueless nuffies.

Despite conceding twice in injury time, we still deserved to lose. We were completely outplayed, and our midfield was non-existent. Ange-Ball was non-existent.

We got a good look at our backup players on Saturday night, and they are not up to it. We already knew this, but Saturday night reinforced it. The January transfer window will be crucial.

While I am not blaming Dier and Davies for this result, it is evident they cannot start together. We have 2 weeks to get one of Phillips or Dorrington ready for the big time. I was really surprised one of them didn’t on Saturday. Ange went too conservative in his starting lineup.

Yep, some of them lost their 5hit on the socials.

I am in a spurs messenger group. We are all Australian and we expected this reaction after a couple of losses. I’m not shy to admit that many Spurs fans are flogs (I have said this about Richmond fans in the past).

But what really surprises me, is a distinct lack of knowledge and understanding of the game and tactics. You would think people (who in all likelihood) have grown up following the game due to their location, would have a good knowledge of the game. But nup. So many clueless nuffies.

and yet you concentrate on defence which wasn't even what lost you the game on Saturday. I watched the game on Saturday and have watched Spurs a number of times this year as I like watching good football, but the problem was your midfield. That and Udogie being suspended. The centre halves weren't really the issue.

Ange's gameplan is 2 fold, keep the width (thats what the full backs provide) and then move the ball quickly side to side creating openings. Pedro Porro still gave them width, and the goal came directly from that, but they got very little attacking wise out of Emerson Royal at left back, Udogie would have been rampaging up and down, and Maddison was easily the biggest loss. Replacing him with a defensive player like Hojberg was always going to result in a lack of attacking play.

The problem is lack of depth in attacking midfield positions which is certainly where they should be looking to strengthen in January as there is a massive difference between their best and worst and that was evident on Saturday. Bar the goal, I didn't think Spurs really created everything and Wolves defended well.

and yet you concentrate on defence which wasn't even what lost you the game on Saturday. I watched the game on Saturday and have watched Spurs a number of times this year as I like watching good football, but the problem was your midfield. That and Udogie being suspended. The centre halves weren't really the issue.

Ange's gameplan is 2 fold, keep the width (thats what the full backs provide) and then move the ball quickly side to side creating openings. Pedro Porro still gave them width, and the goal came directly from that, but they got very little attacking wise out of Emerson Royal at left back, Udogie would have been rampaging up and down, and Maddison was easily the biggest loss. Replacing him with a defensive player like Hojberg was always going to result in a lack of attacking play.

The problem is lack of depth in attacking midfield positions which is certainly where they should be looking to strengthen in January as there is a massive difference between their best and worst and that was evident on Saturday. Bar the goal, I didn't think Spurs really created everything and Wolves defended well.

yes, defence wasn't the problem. Ange had Betancur and Lo Celso as better options for attacking mids... OK Betancur is coming back from injury, but now is the time to back Lo Celso, now or never. Not averse to playing younger centre halfs though.

Yeah agreed. The midfield lost us the game. But Dier and Davies should not be playing together.

I actually wonder if Kulu should play in the midfield. He has a great tank, but is too slow for a winger, and his cutbacks are too predictable. He has played there for Sweden and is more likely to play attacking balls over Hojbjerg and Sarr.

I’m also open to playing Porro as a winger. I don’t think he’s a brilliant defender but is a brilliant passer. Probably the best passer in the team now that Maddison is out. But you're kinda robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Reactions: 1 users
Luton, Sheffield Utd, and Burnley are so dire they will still survive the Toffs.

If the Arabs dont own your club and shower it with Oil Money its never gonna compete seriously.

Its not just that my application was successful, but my seat will be on the ground level of the home end :love:

TODAYa.jpg

Spuds have returned ;)

Spurs have returned to their old ways 🤦‍♂️
3 losses in a row including 2 in a row at home

Welcome back Spuds!! :LOL:

Screenshot_20231127_030600_Flashscore.jpg

Screenshot_20231127_023129_Flashscore.jpg