Premier League 2022/2023/2024/2025 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Premier League 2022/2023/2024/2025

And we complain about the umpires in the AFL.

Last night’s officiating was terrible. This is from someone who is on the Tottenham bandwagon.

The VAR was terrible, the rest, you win some, you lose some. Deal with it move on.

Reactions: 1 user
The VAR was terrible, the rest, you win some, you lose some. Deal with it move on.
Interesting comment on a Richmond forum that has an ARC and umpire thread permanently on the main page.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
That VAR non decision was as bad as our FARced decision last year. Hopeless.

i went to bed after the game feeling a little hollow and thinking the win was undeserved.

But after seeing the reaction of salty Liverpool fans on social media, I say stuff em. We've already had 3-4 decisions go against us this year. And Liverpool have had the rub of the green against us on numerous occasions over the years. and handball in the box rules were literally changed after the bullcrap pen in the 2019 UCL final.

The only thing I will concede is that Liverpool will be the most likely challenger to Citeh this season. They will push them all the way for mine.

I wasn't complaining about the OG !

I was stating a fact "And it took a freak unfortunate OG to beat us" hardly complaining :rolleyes:

Own goals aren't really that freaky, Romero knocked one in for Arsenal the week before. When you have hard crosses or shots into the 6 yard area defenders will produce own goals. Hard low shots/crosses in were something Spurs didn't do much of from the right because Kulecevski was constantly cutting back in to little effect - as soon as Porro drilled one in, bang, goal.

I'm a Premier League neutral. Spurs have been great viewing to date.

I hope the following won't be 'a jinx', but Spurs could be top of the league after tomorrow's visit to Luton. ..Fans, pinch yourselves. Credit all concerned, especially Postecoglou & staff.

Sorry mods, cbf to find the proper thread but don't agree with way Fifa plans for the mens 2030 WC & celebrating a centenary of WC. Why not award total hosting rights to Uruguay, Argentina & Paraguay, rather than give them a few token games at the start of the tournament.
I guess that would have meant Fifa would have to open their wallet to help them host & seems for them, too much is never enough.

Mens 2034 WC - There was never much change Australia would host a mens WC anytime soon, despite the success of the womens 2023 WC here. Less chance now Saudia Arabis have announced intention to bid for the 2034 WC.

Money talks, seems little hope in trying. The Asian confederation will fall in behind the Saudis regardless...sigh

Good piece on Postecoglou in the Fairfax press today.

The Premier League this season is very open.
Fascinating to see how the season will unfold.

Last edited:
this ad describes my attitude perfectly

Yeah, same. Never had much time for Spurs but Ange has me cheering them on. With every Spurs win the Sydney FA Mafia look more and more stupid.

Reactions: 3 users
It's amazing the difference between the haves and have nots in the EPL.
Watched this YT video from the Luton match.
Check it out from about the 4min mark.
Makes the Jack Dyer Stand look like a trip to Hollywood!

Wolves v Villa. Big game for both clubs. Come on Villa! Put these puppies to sleep.

It's amazing the difference between the haves and have nots in the EPL.
Watched this YT video from the Luton match.
Check it out from about the 4min mark.
Makes the Jack Dyer Stand look like a trip to Hollywood!
Love it, has character.

Here in Australia apparently $750mil+ fully roofed, climate controlled stadia is the bare minimum standard to play AFL, in a climate warmer and dryer than that experienced in Luton.

Reactions: 2 users
undefeated and top of the league after 8 games. We are more advanced than i thought we would be. In hindsight,. the premier league is the richest league in the world and footballers on these wages should be able to adapt to a new system quicker than most. I thought we would be top 6 in season 1. top 3 in season 2 and challenging in season 3.

I'm not saying we're gonna challenge for the league this year. We just don't have the depth and it will come to bite us in the bum at some point. But from here, we should be challenging for champions league and we should be targeting a deep run in the FA cup. Also, the January transfer window is gonna be vitally important. We desperately need that backup CB and we need more creativeness in the midfield.