pre-season 2015-16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

pre-season 2015-16

While he is undoubtedly quite light for a guy his height, and as a consequence may never be a true KPP at senior level, he did look quite aggressive in the clips, so that's an encouraging sign. Dustin Fletcher was only a couple of cm's shorter and had his weight listed at 92 kgs, and he played for over 20 years.

CarnTheTiges said:
While he is undoubtedly quite light for a guy his height, and as a consequence may never be a true KPP at senior level, he did look quite aggressive in the clips, so that's an encouraging sign. Dustin Fletcher was only a couple of cm's shorter and had his weight listed at 92 kgs, and he played for over 20 years.
Fletch was good enough to be playing as a 17 y.o. kid n play on the best of the best forwards. Beanie's struggling to crack a game n he's about 21 now, might be a smidgin of difference in available raw talent.

TigerMasochist said:
Fletch was good enough to be playing as a 17 y.o. kid n play on the best of the best forwards. Beanie's struggling to crack a game n he's about 21 now, might be a smidgin of difference in available raw talent.
Totally agree there, but it is an example that a player can succeed even when they're not thought of as the optimum size or weight for a position. Jack cops a bit for not being tall enough to play FF, yet he's listed as 195cm's and his cousin Nick, who plays at CHF and has held it down for years is listed as 193cms. McBean may be one of those guys who doesn't put on a lot of weight, but can still play the position successfully. Next year I'd like to see him tried ahead of Griff, who has been given more opportunity to break out and hasn't done so yet.

uhuh uhuh said:
Is there a training camp in queensland this year.

We always look good after them..

There was an article a few backs that said we were doing heat training in Qld again this year once the older players return.

BrisTiger24 said:
93kg? Seriously? He must have a big head because I can't see that amount of weight on top of those bones.

Liam Mc Bean is now 97kgs

Liam McBean ‏@liammcbean 23h23 hours ago
@Eric_Melbourne 97 mate! Getting there, thanks for the message!

turk-d-tiger said:

Liam McBean ‏@liammcbean 23h23 hours ago
@Eric_Melbourne 97 mate! Getting there, thanks for the message!

Very nice to hear, I was dreading another Jarrad Grant scenario, possible replacement for Chappy? I think I like the concept, played there as a junior and acquitted himself exceedingly well. Don't think there's room in the forward line for him and we're screaming out for a back-up defender. Personally think his game his very well suited to a second or third tall in defence, nice height, nice agility and a polished user of the pill. Apprenticeship time, leave the forward line to the likes of McKenzie, McBean is Chappy's heir apparent.

bullus_hit said:
Very nice to hear, I was dreading another Jarrad Grant scenario, possible replacement for Chappy? I think I like the concept, played there as a junior and acquitted himself exceedingly well. Don't think there's room in the forward line for him and we're screaming out for a back-up defender. Personally think his game his very well suited to a second or third tall in defence, nice height, nice agility and a polished user of the pill. Apprenticeship time, leave the forward line to the likes of McKenzie, McBean is Chappy's heir apparent.

So the Saviour to CHB hey. We originally had The Ghost at CHB and now the Saviour McJesus the Son of God himself is to be the anointed one at CHB. If this is the case it will only leave the Father left to complete the holy trinity at CHB. In the name of the Father (TBD) the Son (McJesus) and the Holy Ghost (The Ghost).

Personally I like his versatility in the forward line but if he could be the CHB, come backline sweeper and then swing forward when things aren't working he could well and truly be our saviour!

Why would we put McBean in the backline when he has kicked far and away more goals than his counterparts at VFL level?

bullus_hit said:

Tell me you're joking bull.

Rancey18 said:
Why would we put McBean in the backline when he has kicked far and away more goals than his counterparts at VFL level?

Not fussed about what he's done at VFL level, more concerned about what he will do at AFL level. He played in defence as a junior and looked suited to the role, in fact his style in u/18's was very similar to Chaplin. Don't see how we fit in Griffiths, Vickery, Riewoldt, McKenzie, Lennon & McBean in the same forward line, a bit top heavy don't you think? Plenty of players have played at both ends, don't see why he should be pigeonholed due to some goals kicked in the seconds, he's not a power forward either. Multi-skilling these guys is the best way forward and gives the coach flexibility and depth, but if people want to rely on broken bones Astbury then good luck with that.

turk-d-tiger said:
Goddamn Barge Arse. Gettin way to big n porky, better get him doin extra laps before n after training n run some of that lard of his rump.

Rancey18 said:

Not to worry Rancey - I can see him spoiling in the backline, crumbling it and kicking it long to the wing where he sweeps it up on the half volley, sells some candy, takes a few bounces (breaking a few lines in the process) and spearing it into the forward line where he flies like Roachy, takes the grab, lands, spins on a dime and sticks the 6 points off half a step. So chill about his use in the back pocket - it's all good!

bullus_hit said:

forgive him Royce, he knows not what he says.

tigersnake said:
forgive him Royce, he knows not what he says.

Use em, or lose em. With so many forwards we will be struggling to give everyone game time. If McBean is God then he should be able to play anywhere on the park.

bullus_hit said:
Use em, or lose em. With so many forwards we will be struggling to give everyone game time. If McBean is God then he should be able to play anywhere on the park.

it was a light hearted comment bullus