pre-season 2015-16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

pre-season 2015-16

This new chap did wonderful things IMO last year, we ran out games fitter and stronger than most, at this level i am sure he is tracking players (Seen big Maccas interview on RFC- looks slim) individually, i have high hopes (as i always do- RFC this WAS best time of year to have hope - played 3 finals so hope in other areas now)....

Flog em with no injuries is what i say, flog em...

zippadeee said:
Terrific runner, great stamina but one problem , has become a 2015 version of a Greg Tivendale. Goes missing in big games

Did Greg Tivendale ever play in a big game? We were horrible whilst he was playing

Tigerflag2008 said:
Re today's training video. Is it just me or does the music really suck?

Agree. I wish they finished with these stupid slo-mo cinema style videos. Just play it properly with the boys all yelling out for the ball.

Tigerflag2008 said:
Re today's training video. Is it just me or does the music really suck?

They needed that "powerful force is approaching" music coz it was mostly Beanie clips.

Tigers of Old said:
How's his weight program going? Still looks as skinny as ever in those clips.

Reckon he's toned down if anything. Even Menadue, while still a rake, looks to be a bit bigger in one offseason, Bean looks the same as when he arrived. He's a worry IMO

Tigers of Old said:
How's his weight program going? Still looks as skinny as ever in those clips.
Got a feeling he's always going to be the lean n wiry type rather than any type of bulky power forward. Just did a quick look n he's listed at 202 cm 84 kg. Same age as Joe Daniher who's listed at 201 cm 94 kg. That's a massive difference for two blokes the same height who have been developing in the footy system for the same amount of time.
Think Beanie would be best suited to the type of combo he's working with alongside Bazza in the magoos, as the mobile leading forward who can play some ground ball alongside the big power bloke. Unless he finds some mass from somewhere in a hurry I doubt he'll become a key position forward or more than part time ruck.

TigerMasochist said:
Got a feeling he's always going to be the lean n wiry type rather than any type of bulky power forward. Just did a quick look n he's listed at 202 cm 84 kg. Same age as Joe Daniher who's listed at 201 cm 94 kg. That's a massive difference for two blokes the same height who have been developing in the footy system for the same amount of time.
Think Beanie would be best suited to the type of combo he's working with alongside Bazza in the magoos, as the mobile leading forward who can play some ground ball alongside the big power bloke. Unless he finds some mass from somewhere in a hurry I doubt he'll become a key position forward or more than part time ruck.

They actually live together, so you'd think Beano would be following Joey's diet in some way. From what I've seen on Beano's instagram is that he loves to drink a bit. Still too early though. Wait for the 2016 winter when it gets cold enough to grab a few Maccas, KFC and dim sims. ;D

Seems to have the same body type as Port's Westhof ...not sure what he tips the scales at but similar to beany in his agility though does have a better tank and gets up and down the ground really well

TigerMasochist said:

He almost needs to drop back on the running and just push the weights for a few weeks. I understand that some people really struggle to put weight or muscle mass on for any number of physiological reasons, but it is true that he looks exactly the same physically and his weight has barely moved.
Squats, deadlifts, cleans, bench press, chins....wash, spin and repeat.

84 kgs is what he was drafted at, Seem to remember reading somewhere that he had gained 8kgs in his 1st 6 months at Richmond but doesnt look like he will get to 100kgs until he is 24/25 when most talls beef up. But 100kgs would be ideal for him i think not the type of player that could play with more and relies on his agility more that strength

The Beanster should spend the offseason with me. I've got a guarranteed formula, it has never failed me :hihi

turk-d-tiger said:
84 kgs is what he was drafted at, Seem to remember reading somewhere that he had gained 8kgs in his 1st 6 months at Richmond but doesnt look like he will get to 100kgs until he is 24/25 when most talls beef up. But 100kgs would be ideal for him i think not the type of player that could play with more and relies on his agility more that strength
Oops, did a double check n yep he's listed at 93 kg. Heaps better than the 84 I was looking at. Still doesn't appear to have much in the way of upper body definition, must have put the extra kgs on his arse instead. His build still doesn't inspire me that he'll become the focal forward type player. More the second or third mobile type forward.

I agree with this. He is a unique type. A 200cm half forward. Play him as such and watch him kick goals. Try to turn him into something he is not is simply a waste of time and effort

Think a taller Jack Gunston type

Jack Gunston 24 years old
193cm / 84 kgs

Liam McBean 21 years old
202cm / 93kgs

Liam just needs another 5-6 kgs and he will be fine