pre-season 2015-16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

pre-season 2015-16

turk-d-tiger said:
Liam McBean ‏@liammcbean Nov 30
@Eric_Melbourne 97 mate! Getting there, thanks for the message!
View conversation 0 retweets 1 like

He sent this message to me on twitter

13kgs gained in the thighs? ;D

My mother-in-law is head of housekeeping at the hotel where the boys are staying. Early reports are the boys are training hard, and no funny business. I told her to keep a special eye on the bloke with the tatts on his neck ;)

We're up there next week for Chrissy, so I'll get all the goss.

Nico said:
My mother-in-law is head of housekeeping at the hotel where the boys are staying. Early reports are the boys are training hard, and no funny business. I told her to keep a special eye on the bloke with the tatts on his neck ;)

It truly isn't about what you know... ;D

Nico said:

Housekeeper goss - you should sell it! Could even be a miniseries in it

Just back from the day in Cairns. It was sunny and warm, and the boys trained quite hard.

There were some players doing only running and boxing drills, taking little or no part in the competitive stuff -- Hampson, Miles, Drummond, Butler, Hunt and Deledio. The rest were involved in various skill sessions, circle work and defensive work. Each 20-minute session had a 90-second drinks break, 10 metres from where I was sitting. The boys were not in holiday mode, as each session was loud and intense. Watching the rehab group doing boxing for an hour was amazing, as their work-rate didn't seem to slacken at all.

The new boys were easy to spot, with Oleg and Chol in particular being quite skinny. The surprise for me was Reece McKenzie, who is a big lad and very well proportioned. Very friendly, too, as he engaged willingly with the kids in front of me.

Jack and K-Mac were the last to leave the ground, signing autographs and getting photos with the fans. The coaches were available for a quick meet-and-greet at the end for us older fans, too. I counted 12 coaches taking part in the drills.

In regards to playing style, it's difficult to tell from a 2-hour session if anything different will happen next season. The circle work was great to watch, especially the number of times that Cotchin, C.Ellis, Houli and Tigga V were used as linking players.

Very glad I went, and great to see heaps of local kids in Tiger colours.

Thanks for the report! Loving hearing from those at training, keep them coming :clap

Yarran wasn't being used as one of the backline release players ?

Baloo said:
Yarran wasn't being used as one of the backline release players ?

Dont think he is in full training yet Baloo, was certainly doing 1 on 1 with fitness dude @ PRO last Friday

Did his hammy last game with the cheats didnt he ?

Yarran did the handball drills, but not the competitive stuff. He's quite a bit stockier than I realised, and not particularly vocal.

Hey David0055 was Rioli participating in full training? Was ding very little last Friday.

Yep, he was. Although he's not tall, he seemed more developed in the legs than the likes of Menedue and Drummond were last year.

The physical development of some of the players in their 3rd and 4th years is incredible. Tigga, K-Mac and Brando are very fit boys. Hunt and Miles are quite small, relatively.