pre-season 2015-16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

pre-season 2015-16

Interesting to see how th reduced interchange will affect our game plans. Our high pressing game might have to go.

Harry said:
best bit of news is mentioned by Grimes in his interview at the training camp. mentions that the team is learning a new game plan that we are practicing this year. Hopefully a more attacking open forward line game plan. This is the final piece of the puzzle imo.
Did grimes say a more attacking game plan or is that wat ur hoping for Harry??
New game plan could be anything otherwise...

Tigers of Old said:
Hopefully it lasts longer than 6 weeks this time before we revert to the old gameplan.. :p
Exactly what I thought. Havent we tried new game plans the last couple of seasons only to start the season poorly?

keepa lids onit said:
Did grimes say a more attacking game plan or is that wat ur hoping for Harry??
New game plan could be anything otherwise...
Im hoping.

Just saw a lot of photos on BF. What's Jack done to himself? Slimmed down skinnier than Menadue.

Living in Port Douglas, I'm able to watch the boys train tomorrow. It's quite humid at the moment, after a good soaking yesterday. I'll be interested in seeing the size and shape of the newbies from the last two drafts.

davidc0055 said:
Living in Port Douglas, I'm able to watch the boys train tomorrow. It's quite humid at the moment, after a good soaking yesterday. I'll be interested in seeing the size and shape of the newbies from the last two drafts.

Look forward to your thoughts mate, from a truly beautiful part of the planet! :)

TigerForce said:
Just saw a lot of photos on BF. What's Jack done to himself? Slimmed down skinnier than Menadue.
It's all the running he needs to do for his move to the midfield.

K3 said:
Look forward to your thoughts mate, from a truly beautiful part of the planet! :)
Magnificent part of the world. I vote we visit David around July-August, when it's cold and dark down here in Gotham.

"Just saw a lot of photos on BF. What's Jack done to himself? Slimmed down skinnier than Menadue."

Jack has been told he is a flanker and is being replaced by McKenzie at full forward ;D

Not sure how they say Beano is at 97kgs. Still looks too skinny in the biceps if he's gonna do ruck and tackling.

Tigers of Old said:
He looked in fantastic condition at Punt Road. Expanding his midfield role?
I've got no doubt he would be a beauty playing in the midfield, problem is his still clearly our best forward

CC TIGER said:
I've got no doubt he would be a beauty playing in the midfield, problem is his still clearly our best forward

It's an interesting evolution that we turned Jack into our best forward after pushing Richo up the ground.

Difference now is that we have more forwards with greater diversity - we have the power forwards in McKenzie/Griffiths/Vickery/Astbury, we have the cagey forwards like McBean/Lloyd, we have the lead up/high forwards in Lids/Lennon, we have the nippy/skilful forwards in Rioli/Butler and we have the resting mids in Dusty/Cotch

Do we just bite the bullet and say Jack is a mid/resting forward? Reckon its worth a crack over pre season and see how we go.

spook said:
Jack has two Colemans. Let him win a Brownlow.
Phhhht! Get it right Spook. Let him win a flag, then we can all be flamin happy ;D :cupgold :partyfest :beer. Brownlows n Colemans are only fancy tin foil hoping to cover over crap. Win some premiership medallions n nothing else matters.

TigerMasochist said:
Phhhht! Get it right Spook. Let him win a flag, then we can all be flamin happy ;D :cupgold :partyfest :beer. Brownlows n Colemans are only fancy tin foil hoping to cover over crap. Win some premiership medallions n nothing else matters.
Quite right, Maso.

TigerMasochist said:

Coming soon as the movies state... how soon i dont know!

TigerForce said:
Not sure how they say Beano is at 97kgs. Still looks too skinny in the biceps if he's gonna do ruck and tackling.

Liam McBean ‏@liammcbean Nov 30
@Eric_Melbourne 97 mate! Getting there, thanks for the message!
View conversation 0 retweets 1 like

He sent this message to me on twitter