pre-season 2015-16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

pre-season 2015-16

Tigers of Old said:
Really liked what I saw of Reece at training this morning. Moved beautifully across the turf and was very determined in the match simulation. Impressively shrugged of Short at one point.
Looks fit & want to see what he could do if his body holds up. Only December but promising..

Anyone else stand out Oldie? Just saw the highlights on the RFC website. Yazz's gone skinhead. Beano looks a bit heavier. Marcon looks good.

spook said:
Who really let us down in the final? Griff and his three marks in a half, or Ivan and his one for the whole game?

Griff.

Although I think ruck is his best bet. Gets him involved. He is a good decision maker. If he kicks long it is very handy out of defence or coming into attack. Rest forward and you'd probably get the same output forward in a quarter that you get in 4.

lamb22 said:
Griff.

Although I think ruck is his best bet. Gets him involved. He is a good decision maker. If he kicks long it is very handy out of defence or coming into attack. Rest forward and you'd probably get the same output forward in a quarter that you get in 4.

Can Griff's body handle the rigours of the ruck? Given his past injury history I'd say it's questionable to say the least.

True StKevin.

I would like him this pre season to train with the backs.

Learn a thing or two from Rancey. Maybe become our CHB . I have no faith in Astbury and Elton now and I hope I'm wrong and Chaplin has a year left?

We have McKenzie and McBean so in time we have some options!

Thoughts.

lamb22 said:
Griff.

Griffiths looked in ripping knick today at training but doesn't he always?
Sick of the tease, this is a big year ahead for him in terms of his career at Tigerland.
Needs to put it all together now.

Tigers of Old said:
Griffiths looked in ripping knick today at training but doesn't he always?
Sick of the tease, this is a big year ahead for him in terms of his career at Tigerland.
Needs to put it all together now.

A training report would be appreciated Tooheys.

lamb22 said:
Haha. The correct answer is "both", although only Ivan's man was BOG.

Can someone alert the police. Lamby has been abducted halfway through a post! ;D

tigerman said:
A training report would be appreciated Tooheys.

Tooheys is just waiting for editorial review to be completed by CC. Needs to ensure he has the appropriate balance of rose-colouring before it is released. I heard we are expecting big things from Morris - could be a smokey for the Brownlow :eek:

The 2 Reece's, (Conca & McKenzie), were standouts at training yesterday. Conca moving better than I have seen him for some time weaving in and out of traffic and even throwing in his own don't argue. I know there are a lot of Conca haters out there but I just hope he has an injury free run so we can see his value, (or not), once and for all. Unless my eyes deceived me McKenzie seems to have trimmed down and his running capacity, (for a big man), is improving out of sight. This bloke one grabs everything, should nickname him "THE VICE". Would be great if pick number 77 turns out to be a steal of the 2014 draft. Jack,Yazzman & Rioli were on running programmes only. Actually Rioli did very little at all so must have a niggle? As for the new boys all athletically looked great but all my attention was taken with Mobi, moves really really well, just glides across the turf. We need to get a taller bagman for marking practice as Mobi just leaps tall buildings in a single bound.
Yesterday he was one grabbing his marks, one in particular on the lead at full pace with scragger Morris all over him was a ripper, (soft soft hands), he then went back and slotted a left foot goal outside 50.

caesar said:
The 2 Reece's, (Conca & McKenzie), were standouts at training yesterday. Conca moving better than I have seen him for some time weaving in and out of traffic and even throwing in his own don't argue. I know there are a lot of Conca haters out there but I just hope he has an injury free run so we can see his value, (or not), once and for all. Unless my eyes deceived me McKenzie seems to have trimmed down and his running capacity, (for a big man), is improving out of sight. This bloke one grabs everything, should nickname him "THE VICE". Would be great if pick number 77 turns out to be a steal of the 2014 draft. Jack,Yazzman & Rioli were on running programmes only. Actually Rioli did very little at all so must have a niggle? As for the new boys all athletically looked great but all my attention was taken with Mobi, moves really really well, just glides across the turf. We need to get a taller bagman for marking practice as Mobi just leaps tall buildings in a single bound.
Yesterday he was one grabbing his marks, one in particular on the lead at full pace with scragger Morris all over him was a ripper, (soft soft hands), he then went back and slotted a left foot goal outside 50.

exactly how I saw it Caesar

caesar said:

Thanks mate. Did you happen to notice Jayden Short? I've had another look at his highlights reel, he has fantastic skills both left and right foot.
I hope he has a good run with injuries, he might be a surprise packet.

caesar said:
Thanks for report.

Great news regarding McKenzie.

spook said:
Haha. The correct answer is "both", although only Ivan's man was BOG.
Can someone alert the police. Lamby has been abducted halfway through a post! ;D

Firm but fair, that's Lambsy.

Actually with Ivan slowing down until we get a monster A grade leaping ruck, I'd seriously consider Vickery and Griff sharing the ruck with Beanie doing the odd boundary throw in up forward.

Like the little reports on Chol. If we could fast track him maybe in 3 or so years he could be the one.

Bonus is that if Griff fails in the ruck we can move on and his fanbois might just wonder who was that masked man that appeared so intriguing and exciting but never actually did anything!

Rd 1 team after preseason highs and lows:

Grimes Rance Astbury/Chaplin
Yarran Flossy Houli
BEllis Miles Kmac
Deledio Jack Lloyd
Rioli Beanie Vickery
Griff/Maric Cotchin Edwards

CEllis Lambert Conca Marcon

Em Mckenzie Grigg Markov (smokey)

It appears that Callum Moore will be groomed as a backman, Dimma confirmed it at the AGM speech. He said that he reminded him of a young Dylan Grimes, without the hammie issues I hope.

There was one mention of him on another thread looking ok at training, anyone else have a good look at him?

Looks like we may have picked up a couple of swingmen in C.Moore and Chol albeit as rookies. Would be a major bonus if one or both could come on

Sorry Tigerman, Shorty was not one I was focusing on at training so cannot give an accurate report. What I were happy to see and did not mention above is that Corey Ellis was in full training so must be over his season ending foot flare up and i think subsequent post season clean up?. In the game simulation 2 team drill Corey was in the red vest and at times seemed to be the designated link man for both sides. Looks like the priority will to be to get the ball in his hands to deliver to our forwards, (and why wouldn't you).

caesar said:
Sorry Tigerman, Shorty was not one I was focusing on at training so cannot give an accurate report. What I were happy to see and did not mention above is that Corey Ellis was in full training so must be over his season ending foot flare up and i think subsequent post season clean up?. In the game simulation 2 team drill Corey was in the red vest and at times seemed to be the designated link man for both sides. Looks like the priority will to be to get the ball in his hands to deliver to our forwards, (and why wouldn't you).

Thanks caesar, it's good to get a bit of positive news after the last week with Dusty.

Sounds like we need to start sweeping out the carriages because the Conca Express is starting attract passengers again.