Potential Father/Son thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Potential Father/Son thread

SCOOP said:
Noah Balta fascinates me. Could be anything, if he grows some, look out.

Agree, Balta & Brander would suit our needs down to the ground. First obstacle with Brander is the AFL, from all reports he'll be in the main pool but nothing official yet.

bullus_hit said:
Brander, Clavarino, Hayes, McLean & Balta are the ones I'd be closely monitoring.
hopefully they don't look towards the riverina area at all next yr otherwise we have no chance.

Regards to bringing in a KPP , I would be busting a nut to try and get 2MP or a Patton to jump ship

KPP are just hit and miss and if you can get 1 thats shown AFL quality at the level thats gold

turk-d-tiger said:
Regards to bringing in a KPP , I would be busting a nut to try and get 2MP or a Patton to jump ship

KPP are just hit and miss and if you can get 1 thats shown AFL quality at the level thats gold
Schache may be an option

turk-d-tiger said:

Question in that regard is always how much you have to pay out for a very early pick KPP who's had the three years or so of development and is considered premium real estate.
You won't get an established on for unders, either in trade picks or dollar contract. The way that a Two Metre Peter has progressed you'd be looking at nose bleed prices.

Colonel said:
Schache may be an option

Would be fantastic whats his contract situation ?

Lets just get both !! We will have 2 first rounders lets just raid the queensland clubs
Peter Wright & Josh Schache with our 2 first rounders Jackson Trengove as a free agent and whilst we are at it Edwards & 2018 1st rounder for Ollie Wines

Wright,Schache,Trengove,Wines - We have 2 KPF + KPD/Relief Rucman + Inside big bodied mid thats a bull

turk-d-tiger said:

Lets just get both !! We will have 2 first rounders lets just raid the queensland clubs
Peter Wright & Josh Schache with our 2 first rounders Jackson Trengove as a free agent and whilst we are at it Edwards & 2018 1st rounder for Ollie Wines

Wright,Schache,Trengove,Wines - We have 2 KPF + KPD/Relief Rucman + Inside big bodied mid thats a bull
What was the saying from that movie again? Tell him he's dreaming, or something similar. Two metre Peter alone might just cost your two first rounders at the end of next year if he has another good season, that leaves you with a piggy bank full of shrapnel to chase the rest of your dreams.

Were in a position that not only do we have 2 firsts we could trade the following years first as well, if the powers that be think we have the spine and just need another 2 bookends to assist Jack and Rance...

I was happy with this trade period and more so how they performed in the draft, so im relatively confident that should we go to draft or trade we will get the right types, just a question do we go for flag in next few years by trading away picks and get young mature tall talent or do we go to draft and wait a few years

Tigertough1974 said:
Were in a position that not only do we have 2 firsts we could trade the following years first as well, if the powers that be think we have the spine and just need another 2 bookends to assist Jack and Rance...

I was happy with this trade period and more so how they performed in the draft, so im relatively confident that should we go to draft or trade we will get the right types, just a question do we go for flag in next few years by trading away picks and get young mature tall talent or do we go to draft and wait a few years

A lot may depend on how we perform in 2017; for one, it will determine how high our other first rounder is. For another, who is coaching this club 2018 forward which will be a major factor. But given the club didn't take a risk on any genuine tall with this year's pickings at all, that's a pretty good indicator of their intentions presently. If Prestia bombs, that will probably also further erode confidence in our ability to select established/promising players and do trades.

I want us finally to take these picks to the draft and try to shore up a promising future for the club. Riewoldt and Rance are not getting any younger and there is little other KPP depth around them. It may take 2/3 years but sick of the club not thinking long-term. As TM has pointed out sharply, the value of these picks would be hugely deflated looking to buy 2MP or the like.

leon said:
A lot may depend on how we perform in 2017; for one, it will determine how high our other first rounder is. For another, who is coaching this club 2018 forward which will be a major factor. But given the club didn't take a risk on any genuine tall with this year's pickings at all, that's a pretty good indicator of their intentions presently. If Prestia bombs, that will probably also further erode confidence in our ability to select established/promising players and do trades.

I want us finally to take these picks to the draft and try to shore up a promising future for the club. Riewoldt and Rance are not getting any younger and there is little other KPP depth around them. It may take 2/3 years but sick of the club not thinking long-term. As TM has pointed out sharply, the value of these picks would be hugely deflated looking to buy 2MP or the like.

Prestia won't bomb, he's a gun... he may get injured or be injured but thats a different subject

Yep many things to consider, i was more to the point that we are in a strong position next trade/draft period

Tigertough1974 said:
Prestia won't bomb, he's a gun... he may get injured or be injured but thats a different subject

Yep many things to consider, i was more to the point that we are in a strong position next trade/draft period

Well, just on Prestia. If he cannot reach near 100% fitness, recover almost totally from his pre-existing knee injury and really deliver for this football club, that will be a bomb for me.

Given we gave away PICK 6 for him, on top of the Yarran idiocy, if he cannot play years of first class football, it's an absolute bomb. No question about it.

I expect the club medical staff know more about his knee, and the rest of him, than he does. If he proves a dud, we have been dudded king-size again. Make no mistake.

turk-d-tiger said:

2 metre Peter has said he is in no hurry to sign on at the suns at this stage

leon said:
Well, just on Prestia. If he cannot reach near 100% fitness, recover almost totally from his pre-existing knee injury and really deliver for this football club, that will be a bomb for me.

Given we gave away PICK 6 for him, on top of the Yarran idiocy, if he cannot play years of first class football, it's an absolute bomb. No question about it.

I expect the club medical staff know more about his knee, and the rest of him, than he does. If he proves a dud, we have been dudded king-size again. Make no mistake.
Truth. The footy department have bet their futures on it.

Sintiger said:
2 metre Peter has said he is in no hurry to sign on at the suns at this stage

Thats why we should be right in his ear and looking to bring him over, He would be an ideal fit at Richmond

turk-d-tiger said:
Thats why we should be right in his ear and looking to bring him over, He would be an ideal fit at Richmond
I'd love him at Tigerland, he's a fairly serious unit up forward. Cost could be fairly horrendous though especially if he continues to trend upward from this years impact.
Article in the paper was fairly ambiguous, no discussions entered into yet but he's happy to stay at Mould Coast n establish his career. Googled his profile n there was a mention on there that he'd wanted to be traded to Carlscum this trade period :vomit :vomit. Severely lacking in taste n integrity, bloody Carlscum fan.

spook said:
Truth. The footy department have bet their futures on it.

Sorry don't subscribe to one decision determining Their future...

individuals have individual jobs and when terminating someone it usually is not determined by one error rather than a period of time where its determined their performance is poor

Tigertough1974 said:

individuals have individual jobs and when terminating someone it usually is not determined by one error rather than a period of time where its determined their performance is poor

Have you read that back to yourself? Let me think ... last three finals series, Lennon selection, retread signings such as Townsend 2015, Yarran .... !!!

This is just off the top of my head, not even trying hard, could easily go much further. Or just look on PRE threads.

One decision .... ?

leon said:
Have you read that back to yourself? Let me think ... last three finals series, Lennon selection, retread signings such as Townsend 2015, Yarran .... !!!

This is just off the top of my head, not even trying hard, could easily go much further. Or just look on PRE threads.

One decision .... ?

I suggest you read what i quoted, believe me i know and understand the errors that have been made, however once again i don't subscribe to the Prestia Injured on not injured determining our football departments future employement, some of the decisions you listed would absolutely be considered along with KPIs that we have no real clues on, so lets not suggest we do, let alone suggesting this one players injuries will determine their future...

If Peter Wright continues his development and looks like he will become a real foward beast that can go through the ruck

2 x 1st rounders people say NOOOOOOOO

But would we give up 2 1st rounders for J.Cameron or Lynch - For sure

2MP looks like he is heading that way

Tigertough1974 said:

Hardly one decision. More like the straw that broke the camel's back.

We've traded away a first-rounder and three second-rounders for Yarran, Prestia and Caddy. That's mortgaging your future for the now. If it doesn't pay off, everyone involved must go.